sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      I still think that Cam has a twin brother who keeps impersonating him

goofy cam is the bro, 'good' cam is the real thing

either that or someone keeps messing with his zoloft prescription
      You're forgetting the obvious answers:
      1) He's a goa'uld (Would explain a lot)
      2) His Ori induced illness left him mentally retarded.
      Signed,

Gregorius
      Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
      Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

yeah, i find the 'fighting the religious dogma' to be massively depressing.
        you CAN'T fight an idea. With the goa'uld, you could show the masses evidence of thier evilness. enslavement, atrocities, being mean, etc.

what can you show them with the ori???? sore knees from praying too much?

It's a lose/lose situation.

Other consequences they ignored

Aris Boch
        Yu's/Cronos' 'if yourun afoul of us, you will not be given a freebie' (whatever he said in fair game)
        nirti's genetic experiments (given all the genetic illnesses we have NOONE tried to figure out her machine/????)
        the foothold aliens
        the aschen (even though they were about as boring as the ori)
        ambassador shiny shoes
        machello's toys being used as weapons
        the reetou
        the rogue sgc was wrapped up too neatly, imho. imagine having to deal with other humans out there being bad kids??
        entity - imagine if the machines came back for revenge?
        enemies/exodus - sam blows up a sun and no one cares?
        the cure - the asgard clone, no one thought to suggest to the tok'ra cloning egeria?
        the ziraken
        the planet from memento. they totally altered the balance of power between the 'normal' folks and those that used to worship heru'ur
        I wrote my post yesterday and come back today and read the full Coop interview where he basically states that with a villian like the Ori--no one wins or who can say they are not right (something like that) etc....

After all it is important to understand why people want to go to war with us, blow up our buildings and airplanes.
        Stargate? no --straight from todays headlines with a sci-fi twist.

Personally--I really do not like my sci-fi to become the bully pulpit for the issues of the day.

Oh well *sigh*

How about "the boy" --all the knowledge of the goa'uld--perhaps the evil side got the better of him and he came back from the higher plane???
        (maybe someone already brought him up and I cant remember what he was called??)

Are Oma and Anubus still locked in mortal combat?

Comment

I still think that Cam has a twin brother who keeps impersonating him

goofy cam is the bro, 'good' cam is the real thing

either that or someone keeps messing with his zoloft prescription
          Cameron is a pawn of the Ori, their version of a Trojan horse, routinely possessed by one of their number, whose goal is to lead SG-1 to their deaths so that they can't stop the Ori's Super Evil Master Plan.

Cam's inner Ori finds it very amusing to pretend to be a fool.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

that's a large part of my issues with the ori

i already live in a world where folks want to kill me simply because i worship the wrong god or dress wrong or talk wrong or act wrong

i don't appreciate having that bit of reality pushed into my entertainment.

I already understand the extremist mindset. they're right, we're wrong, we should die. plain and simple.

There is nothing left to understand with the ori. They're religious extremists tat practice genocide in the name of religion. and coop is right in that, you CAN'T win. so if you can't win, what the hades are we doing portraying them on tv? if our heroes can't win, then why bother???? There's no goal for us to accomplish, it's impossible unless we turn a 180 and murder every single Ori and every one of htier followers

we Can't win, so why waste a whole season dealing with it????

unless he's trying to score some 'bold new move' points with some reviewer, the ori are stupic and they do nothing more than to bring home the sheer futility that all of us live in in a daily basis
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm writing this here instead of the character threads, because I don't want to taint them. But there's a sticking point with me with RCC's interview, one among many. And that is the lack of talk about RDA's return.

I know Brad Wright has talked this up, but I'm wondering if RCC is as happy for him to return as BW is.

In my opinion Skiffy/Sony/Bridge needs RDA, more than RDA needs them.

Comment

i think they definitely do

they've always downplayed jsut what input/influence rda had, but seeing the tripe fest that was s9, i gotta wonder just how much of s1-8's success was rda's influence.

if you'll notice, - depending on your taste that is - the more he cut his time, the 'worse' the show got...on a general acceptance level

sigpic

Comment

The eagerness to bring RDA back smacks of desperation.

TPTB know that the show isn't doing as well as it hoped and they're going to pull every gimick they can think of to boost ratings.

Comment

well, evil is a relative term
                    LOL!

Well, I'm still voting for the "plant" theory...in that it would be much more interesting if Cam turned out to be working for evil instead of good. (Rather than him being, in actuality, a plant, although that might explain a lot, too.)

Comment

so, not only is he green....he's green??????

wonder if he'll leaf or if he'll grow on us

or maybe they've finally gotten to the root of the issue

sigpic

Comment

See? Once you let go of that pesky "somehow it will all make sense" expectation, things become MUCH more interesting.

*now wonders why we do not have an "If Cam were a PLANT Thread"*

Comment

TPTB need to do some weeding.

Comment

There's certainly a lot of fertilizer involved.
                            sigpic

Comment

AH HA! So the flamethrower didn't get rid of ALL of that pervasive plant that took over Stargate Command, huh? And now it's mutated. Got a sample of human DNA or something.

This explains a lot...

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                                LOL!

Well, I'm still voting for the "plant" theory...in that it would be much more interesting if Cam turned out to be working for evil instead of good. (Rather than him being, in actuality, a plant, although that might explain a lot, too.)
                                Ficus Panderata lives!!!!!

Oh, wait - Ficus was a better conceived and written character than Cambo - being consistent, rooted, if you will, if nothing else. (couldn't help myself)

A round of good fertilizer for the writers seems to be in order - and not that fresh manure they've been piling on recently either.

Carter! McGyver us some MiracleGrow! Please!!!!!
                                ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X