Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah that really made no sense to me at all lol so ill take ur word for it

Comment

I think one of the reasons it was hard to understand the Ori was RCC himself couldn't explain what the Ori were

If the creator of the Ori can't explain them, how are we expected to
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        I think one of the reasons it was hard to understand the Ori was RCC himself couldn't explain what the Ori were
        Heh...that, right there, is one of the things that bugged me about the Ori. I really didn't get what they were about at all. Also, having an invisible enemy was...annoying. Or maybe we'd just been spoilt with the "AAAAAAAAAAAH! GLOWING EYES!!! BAD GUY!!!" of previous years...

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
          But energy has to go somewhere or get converted into something, light, heat, etc, or the Ori followers somehow retained all that energy.

But this gets into my issues with how a person's belief in one galaxy can somehow send energy/power to ascended beings in another galaxy without a massive time delay for the energy to travel those distances. Or how belief can be converted into physical energy used by another...
          It's called suspension of disbelief.

It didn't work so well for me.

Obviously the Ori weren't all knowing or dissidents wouldn't have survived very long. So the question remains...

And if they didn't know about us until Daniel and Vala clued them in, they obviously didn't miss us.

All in all... I never bought it. Literally.

Gazes fondly at S1-S8 boxed sets.

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post

suse
            There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
            sigpic
            awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

suse
              LOL. I didn't "buy" it either.

Would green you for that, but fridge is locked at the moment.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
                Heh...that, right there, is one of the things that bugged me about the Ori. I really didn't get what they were about at all. Also, having an invisible enemy was...annoying. Or maybe we'd just been spoilt with the "AAAAAAAAAAAH! GLOWING EYES!!! BAD GUY!!!" of previous years...
                It is helpful to have a "personalized" enemy. The priors as the Ori stand-ins just never seemed that threatening. Odd looking, yes, threatening, no.
                It's odd b/c the prior plague should have been mega jeopardy, but I just couldn't get worked up--except a bit when it looked like Hammond was in danger.

Comment

It's called suspension of disbelief.

It didn't work so well for me.

Obviously the Ori weren't all knowing or dissidents wouldn't have survived very long. So the question remains...

And if they didn't know about us until Daniel and Vala clued them in, they obviously didn't miss us.

Wish I could green you for that as well.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                  It is helpful to have a "personalized" enemy. The priors as the Ori stand-ins just never seemed that threatening. Odd looking, yes, threatening, no.
                  It's odd b/c the prior plague should have been mega jeopardy, but I just couldn't get worked up--except a bit when it looked like Hammond was in danger.
                  I don't think it was the fact that the Ori were invisible that bothered me, I actually thought Anubis was much scarier before we ever saw him and he was just an unnamed menace.

I just had trouble buying into the concept that someone's belief can be converted into power sent to someone else, with no apparent physical harm to the believers. Energy like that can't just be created, it has to come from somewhere.

sigpic

Comment

But energy has to go somewhere or get converted into something, light, heat, etc, or the Ori followers somehow retained all that energy.

But this gets into my issues with how a person's belief in one galaxy can somehow send energy/power to ascended beings in another galaxy without a massive time delay for the energy to travel those distances. Or how belief can be converted into physical energy used by another...
                    I just had trouble buying into the concept that someone's belief can be converted into power sent to someone else, with no apparent physical harm to the believers. Energy like that can't just be created, it has to come from somewhere.
                    Discworld Magic. There is no other way.
                    Signed,

Gregorius
                    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Well, glutton for punishment that I am, I watched AoT last night. Mostly I found it kind of dull.

Comment

Well, glutton for punishment that I am, I watched AoT last night. Mostly I found it kind of dull.
                        *shakes head*

Jckfan why oh why would you do that to yourself?
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I find that muting the sound and riffing/MSTing, and/or muting and skipping all scenes that aren't battles or don't feature Adria greatly improve the experience.
                          Signed,

Gregorius
                          Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                          Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                            *shakes head*

Jckfan why oh why would you do that to yourself?
                            Masochism.

Boredom. Oops. Didn't help much, did it?

I didn't bother. It's not good for the blood pressure. I think I was watching Made of Honor. <<grits teeth>> reminds self why she doesn't watch romantic fluff more then once a year <<headdesk>>

I'm so glad the S9/S10 storylines were wrapped up. Now all they need is to be sent to the deepest trench in the ocean.

suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                              I find that muting the sound and riffing/MSTing, and/or muting and skipping all scenes that aren't battles or don't feature Adria greatly improve the experience.
                              I did that for Camelot. Monty Python and Harry Potter. And that was the only viewing. I apparently stopped watching before the 'best' 10-15 minutes. Got interrupted and couldn't be bothered to hit play again. Ringing endorsement, eh?

suse
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

I had it on in the background while I browsed GW. I only looked up at the TV when I heard Sam's voice. I didn't look up much.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X