S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
    No way Janet's story was going to be big. Characters like Jack and Janet were a reminder of what the show used to be and it would reflect bad on seasons 9 and 10.
    <<missed something>> There was a good reflection of S9/S10?

/snark

suse
    Last edited by suse; 09 July 2008, 07:03 PM.
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Bwahahaha.... but still no green for me to give out.

Maybe this week when atlantis starts I will get out more. (someone had to remind me it was on.....and I am far more interested in seeing Hellboy, but I am going to TRY to catch Atlantis.... in fact I will go set my DVR now...so there).
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Read Shanks' TV Guide blog, mentioned that "Talion" was one of the best Teal'c episodes. That made me recall some comment on this board that in "Talion" Teal'c finally has to face what he did as First Prime of Apophis.

Correct me if I'm wrong ... wasn't "Talion" a simple revenge story?

Comment

Originally posted by EnterTheWormhole View Post
          Read Shanks' TV Guide blog, mentioned that "Talion" was one of the best Teal'c episodes. That made me recall some comment on this board that in "Talion" Teal'c finally has to face what he did as First Prime of Apophis.

That's what I remember. I think Teal'c faced his actions as First Prime in S1's "Cor-ai."

Comment

Originally posted by EnterTheWormhole View Post

Gawd, Talion was just awful. Teal'c regressed to a phyco killer and the team's effort to stop was seemed ridicules.

Luckily there wasn't many "teal'c" eps...I fear just how badly they would have butchered the character if there was more.

Talion was just as bad as bounty but a different type of bad...if there is such a thing.

Out of season 9 and 10 there is only one ep I would actually watch just once more. Ripple Effect, just to see Frasier tell Landry off.
            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

yeah, talion was teal'c getting the crap beat out of him while he avenged the death of a person he hadn't mentioned in 10 years and who died close to 100 years ago
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

see, talion would have made sense had he been avenging ishta. or if his mother's death had been mentioned once or twice over the years. IIRC, the ONLY time 'mom' was mentioned was in Bloodlines, when T is looking for his family and he says - about the outcast camps - that he and his mother lived in one such camp. I don't think he even said that she died or how she died
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yes but they took a leaf from SGA and made it happen off-screen. It's where everythin happens you know? One only needs to mention it right before it is required and years of exposition is instantly caught up on
                  sigpic

Comment

The embarrassment that is PU is getting a surprising number of votes on the favorite Hammond episode thread. Some of you may want to come by and vote for other episodes.
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=56166

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      The embarrassment that is PU is getting a surprising number of votes on the favorite Hammond episode thread. Some of you may want to come by and vote for other episodes.
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=56166
                      Why would that ep get any votes, it made Hammond and EVERYONE look bad.
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

wasn't that the ep where Vala beats the crap out of Daniel?

It wasn't really a Hmmond ep was it?

Comment

^ Yep. Hammond takes the PRometheus out on the mission & everyone is bumbling. Although Hammond does a heroic thing to retrieve crystals (?) it's very bad. It was on Scifi in the reruns & even the chance to see the late DSD couldn't make me watch beyond the teaser. Bleh.

Comment

200? He was a *voice*.

Thanks for reviving this thread. After that Q&A over on Joe's blog with RCC and some moments in Continuum my Anti status has been reconfirmed.

I was rather hoping tome would have softened my thoughts. No such luck.
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                              200? He was a *voice*.

Thanks for reviving this thread. After that Q&A over on Joe's blog with RCC and some moments in Continuum my Anti status has been reconfirmed.

I was rather hoping tome would have softened my thoughts. No such luck.

Continuum...? Oye, it wasn't much better than AoT.

Just had the "pleasure" of renting it for 99 cents. Way too many plot holes for me. Even sci-fi addict hubby caught a few. It was rather rushed with the "special guest stars" and all the hype about jack...only to find very little jack in the film.

I half expected Mitchell to turn out to be his own grandpa. LOL.

However, I did like the scene with Landry.

Stargate Continuum was actually Stargate Mitchell.

Comment

How does a character that was on the show for two years and two years that were the shows worst get soo much screentime? AOT and Continuum were hugh waste of times. I feel bad RDA had to be a part of Continuum. I guess it's good he only had about 5 seconds of screentime.

Comment

Working...
                                X