S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    Yes, it is. And there's no doubt about that, not for me. The first half of Season 10 was great, and I'm sure the second half will be even better. This long wait is what's going to kill me.
    You're not alone, man. We all feel the same way. But let's share our feelings
    so that the wait won't seem too long.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_06 View Post
      You're not alone, man. We all feel the same way. But let's share our feelings
      so that the wait won't seem too long.
      Oh, this forum and you fine people will definitely make things easier. I don't doubt that at all, my friend.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Oh, this forum and you fine people will definitely make things easier. I don't doubt that at all, my friend.
        Glad to hear it! Same goes to you, Neelan_Liquor, and Trek_Girl42.
        We will all find ways of making the wait seem shorter.
        sigpic

Comment

Glad to hear it! Same goes to you, Neelan_Liquor, and Trek_Girl42.
          We will all find ways of making the wait seem shorter.
          Yes, we do.

8 Days 19 hours 43 minutes to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
            Yes, we do.

8 Days 19 hours 43 minutes to go.
            The wait will have been worth it, Trek_Girl42. I highly doubt you'll be disappointed with "Flesh and Blood". Personally, I thought it was one hell of a way to kick off the season.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Anyone see how BSG is dropping in the ratings too? This is so crazy! Sci-Fi did screw up, just like many of us have thought. They never should have broke up Sci-Fi Friday. I hope BSG doesn't end up suffering like SG-1 has.
              It just shows how incometant the *******s at Scifi are. They fracked up and I have to admit Season 3 of BSG is nothing compared to SG-1 season 10 and SGA season 3. I have no doubt that SGA is safe at the moment.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                I have no doubt that SGA is safe at the moment.
                Hopefully your right and I'm glad this "Original programming all the time" plan backfired on them. Now they'll hopefully get their game together for a change and not lose even more good shows.
                sigpic
                "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                  Hopefully your right and I'm glad this "Original programming all the time" plan backfired on them. Now they'll hopefully get their game together for a change and not lose even more good shows.
                  Don't they only have four original shows to begin with (that superhero and reality stuff doesn't count)?

BSG
                  SG-1
                  SGA
                  Eureka

Is that all?

Comment

Don't they only have four original shows to begin with (that superhero and reality stuff doesn't count)?

BSG
                    SG-1
                    SGA
                    Eureka

Is that all?
                    Pretty much. And with SG-1 gone, they'll only have three (although the BSG spin-off is on the way along with that Dresden files or whatever but I doubt that'll last long).

In theory they could order a full season of Eureka and return to full Sci-Fi fridays with:

Eureka on at 8
                    Atlantis on at 9
                    BSG on at 10

Let's just hope Sci-Fi has some intelligence left to make a good move like that because obviously, none of the shows can stand on their own. They need a good lead in show and better timeslots.
                    sigpic

Comment

Pretty much. And with SG-1 gone, they'll only have three (although the BSG spin-off is on the way along with that Dresden files or whatever but I doubt that'll last long).

In theory they could order a full season of Eureka and return to full Sci-Fi fridays with:

Eureka on at 8
                      Atlantis on at 9
                      BSG on at 10

Let's just hope Sci-Fi has some intelligence left to make a good move like that because obviously, none of the shows can stand on their own. They need a good lead in show and better timeslots.
                      That wouldn't be a bad line-up. Although personally, I'm looking forward to seeing what this Dresden Files show is about, I think we get it the same time as you guys.

And can't wait for Caprica! Forgot about that one. *headdesk*

And from a selfish standpoint, we up here like the year-round schedule with BSG in October. Cause that means we don't have to wait until January for the new seasons. However that wouldn't matter one bit if the show were cancelled.

Comment

The Sci Fi Channel should add the following shows to its
                        TV lineup:

Star Trek: The Original Series
                        Star Trek: Enterprise
                        Star Trek: The Next Generation
                        Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
                        Star Trek: Voyager
                        Babylon 5

At least, IMHO, they should.
                        sigpic

Comment

TV lineup:

Babylon 5

I think they are adding Enterprise at some point soon.

Comment

TV lineup:

Babylon 5

They used to have Babylon 5 and TOS on a lot back in the old days.
                            sigpic

Comment

As am I and so far I havent gotten into BSG season 3. I hope SGA won't get cancelled and since they have stated that the reason for cancelling SG-1 was b/c of a contract issue as long as they don't have the same issue with SGA then I don't think we need to worry.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I think they are adding Enterprise at some point soon.
                                I've heard that as well. Maybe after the first of the year or something.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X