S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Descent
    Lets just say I have a bad feeling for MM. It didn't seem like a lot of people tuned in.
    You never know. It's all speculation until the numbers come in. Afterall, only the ones with the black boxes actually count.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Lets just say I have a bad feeling for MM. It didn't seem like a lot of people tuned in.
      Ouch- did Monk and I'm-Not-Even-Going-To-Try-Spelling-It-Again end this past Friday?

What was the point of saying that when the word is written a couple scrolls down?

Comment

Hope not but it could be with the star being Vala and some don't like her. It seems alot did watch and are just complaining about a great ep IMHO of course.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
          You never know. It's all speculation until the numbers come in. Afterall, only the ones with the black boxes actually count.
          Has anyone ever tried to take a poll on here to see if any of the regulars have a Neilson Box?

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
            Has anyone ever tried to take a poll on here to see if any of the regulars have a Neilson Box?
            I'm not sure. Not that I've run across.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
              I'm not sure. Not that I've run across.
              Me niether. Lets make one.

Comment

The Idea of canceling stargate at this pont is the most illogical and insane Idea I have ever heard. Why WHY would you cancel a show that still has a strong fan base after changing the cast and the and direction of the show dramatically, after all that the show still has a strong fan base. If nothing that should show you how dedicated and passionate the viewers are about the show. And that canceling the show at this point would be a ridiculous idea. Think about what kind of publicity having a show in it’s eleventh or even twelfth season could bring, they have hit a land mark now let them hit it out of the park let them save the world the galaxy form the Ori one or two more times.
                As far as the decline in ratings goes I think you are smart enough to figure that one out. Lets see moved show to nine ratings go down move back to eight see if ratings go back up, it doesn’t seem that complicated to me. Know I wont pretend to fully understand how the bottom line works and how in that industry so forgive me if this sound sum what ignorant. You want to sell time for commercials people pay the most to air there commercials during some of the most watched shows more viewers more people see there add. Well if you put stargate back at the slot it was at and you get hire ratings is that worth it. Know I understand that eureka is getting some great ratings and I watched the piolet and it was good but I don’t think it has the dedicated and passionate fan base of SG-1.
                And I really don’t under stand why the sci-fi wont let them got to another network obviously they are worried someone other than them will make a profit off of the franchise and they might loose Atlantis but that could be negotiated but if they are no longer willing to support a show that carried them into the main stream and go beyond the bottom line that I will have no part in the channel I will watch stargate and nothing other than stargate on the scifi channel but if they are not willing to support the show I will not support them, that is my bottom line
                Jacob Carter "where almost done"

Daniel Jackson " good I dont think they bought it"

Jacob Carter "why who did you say you where"

Daniel Jackson " the great and powerful OZ"

Jacob Carter "sam we have to go, now"

Dr. Daniel Jackson:"True enlightenment must begin with the truth"

Comment

sorry I already posted the other one I meant to post this one.

Why would Sci fi cancel Sargate but then also prevent them from going to another network. For one I think they are sacred that they will make the same mistake show time did. Cancelled and at the end they will die but another network will pick them a relatively unknown network with very small base of quality shows I bet you can guess what net work that was. From season six on sci fi picked up the series and not doubt about it they made a bundle, sci fi doesn’t want to make the same mistake so they aren’t going to let them go anywhere. The part that is messed up with that is that they helped them out only to screw them later. Don’t get me wrong I understand that this is a business they singed stragate because they thought they could make money off of them and that is cool. But know they must think the well is tapped and they want to let them got that is cool sort of. They hold them because they don’t want anyone to make money off of them that is messed up, either they let them go or not they should not be able to prevent them from going to another network.
                  I have said this several times that when sci fi says it feels the time is right to cancel the show, I think they are on crack. They went through all the trouble of setting up the series with a knew cast successfully I might add, and creating a knew antagonist then almost right after the new cast is settling in they cancel it you tell me they aren’t on crack and I will want to see some drug test. I think there is something going on with the time slot switch and the ratings that we are in the dark about to.
                  Jacob Carter "where almost done"

Daniel Jackson " good I dont think they bought it"

Jacob Carter "why who did you say you where"

Daniel Jackson " the great and powerful OZ"

Jacob Carter "sam we have to go, now"

Dr. Daniel Jackson:"True enlightenment must begin with the truth"

Comment

I really don't think anyone knows what the hell scifi were thinking (and that includes scifi themselves) when they cancelled SG1. They obviously think that because this show has thrown them into the limelight among the channels they can toss it aside and still be as good a channel as SG1 made it. But by brutally axing it in such a dirty fashion, they have damaged their reputation for good, particularly after the whole farscape saga. The fact that SG1 is as good as it is and has the fanbase it has, and the fact they are acting like spoiled brats is going to destroy them.
                    And as for not letting another channel acquire the rights, IMHO I think its just because if they do that, then they know they'll lose the press and privaledge (spelling!?!?!) of having the longest running science fiction series in history.

They are idiots, and they are fools, the only way they are going to stop their channel spiralling into the gutter is to at least give SG1 and 11th season and let it have the royal send off, it so thoroughly deserves.

phew *mops brow*

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

Originally posted by tommiekins
                      I really don't think anyone knows what the hell scifi were thinking (and that includes scifi themselves) when they cancelled SG1. They obviously think that because this show has thrown them into the limelight among the channels they can toss it aside and still be as good a channel as SG1 made it. But by brutally axing it in such a dirty fashion, they have damaged their reputation for good, particularly after the whole farscape saga. The fact that SG1 is as good as it is and has the fanbase it has, and the fact they are acting like spoiled brats is going to destroy them.
                      And as for not letting another channel acquire the rights, IMHO I think its just because if they do that, then they know they'll lose the press and privaledge (spelling!?!?!) of having the longest running science fiction series in history.
                      I absolutly agree- sci-fi's actions are mystifying to say the least. They've shown a couple of times now a distinct lack of respect towards those who make their shows and it's giveing them a bad rep. First the Farscape cancellation after they'd been renewed and on what- the last day of shooting was it? And now the SG-1 cancellation right before the 200 party..... They've done nothing but piss people off; they won't be rememberd for supplying the good programming, they'll be rememberd for axeing the good programming.

Comment

I absolutly agree- sci-fi's actions are mystifying to say the least. They've shown a couple of times now a distinct lack of respect towards those who make their shows and it's giveing them a bad rep. First the Farscape cancellation after they'd been renewed and on what- the last day of shooting was it? And now the SG-1 cancellation right before the 200 party..... They've done nothing but piss people off; they won't be rememberd for supplying the good programming, they'll be rememberd for axeing the good programming.
                        Indeed. They are dirty schemers and I worry for the good programmes that are still on the channel. Particularly Atlantis, what're they going to do there? on the first day of filming for season 4 ring the cast and crew up and say "look we know your busy, but see there's this thing thats come up, something to do with ugly men prancing around pretending to hurt each other, and we've decided to dump the fourth season".

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

they won't be rememberd for supplying the good programming, they'll be rememberd for axeing the good programming.
                          Sounds like another Fox network to me.
                          sigpic
                          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by tommiekins
                            Indeed. They are dirty schemers and I worry for the good programmes that are still on the channel. Particularly Atlantis, what're they going to do there? on the first day of filming for season 4 ring the cast and crew up and say "look we know your busy, but see there's this thing thats come up, something to do with ugly men prancing around pretending to hurt each other, and we've decided to dump the fourth season".
                            I have to say that Romualns invaded Earth without our knowledge and gave Scifi large quanities of Romulan ale.

Comment

Sounds like another Fox network to me.
                              They shouldn't've killed Firefly.
                              Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                              Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                              -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity
                                They shouldn't've killed Firefly.
                                Yup Fox,Scifi,NBC,ABC,CBS all very bad. They have all canned great shows!

Comment

Working...
                                X