S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGFerrit
    Just seen the confirmed ratings. shame about the 1.4 and 1.5 for SG-1 and Atlantis, but atleast they have already began to climb. 1.6 and 1.6 this week, hopefully we will see 1.8s/1.9s for the next episodes, and then hopefully some 2.0s+ as we get further in to the season. I would like to see what Eureka gets for it's second episode.
    I'd like to see how Eureka's ratings do like too. I thought the series opener was very good and has great potential, and hopefully they can keep it up because as it now stands the only Scifi shows I watch regularly are the Gates and Doctor Who. BSG just doesn't do it for me on a regular basis and all of the other shows are not even close, so if they can keep it up with Eureka, Doc. Who, and SGA. If all of these shows do as well as I’ve seen them do so far I won't feel as sad as I probably would if SG-1 ended today.

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIOR
      I'd like to see how Eureka's ratings do like too. I thought the series opener was very good and has great potential, and hopefully they can keep it up because as it now stands the only Scifi shows I watch regularly are the Gates and Doctor Who. BSG just doesn't do it for me on a regular basis and all of the other shows are not even close, so if they can keep it up with Eureka, Doc. Who, and SGA. If all of these shows do as well as I’ve seen them do so far I won't feel as sad as I probably would if SG-1 ended today.
      It'll be interesting to see- I loved the Eureka opener, it was funny, quite light, all together solid entertainment, I hope that quality keeps up.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
        It'll be interesting to see- I loved the Eureka opener, it was funny, quite light, all together solid entertainment, I hope that quality keeps up.
        Yup, and it was great to see Nerus (er, I mean Maury Chaykin ) in it!
        T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
          Yup, and it was great to see Nerus (er, I mean Maury Chaykin ) in it!
          All those scenes in the sheriff's office were so good.

Comment

What's the point of keeping a running commentary of their actions? Can we not find something to talk about that isn't them?

Like.....season ten?
            Changing the subject I just turned on the Scifi Channel and saw Mitch Pileggi hosting some sort of paranormal show/marathon. It looks kinda stupid though.

Comment

Originally posted by Linwelin
              Yes, I'd really enjoy that ! But I want to remain spoiler free, please...
              Me too, friendly reminder to use tags people.

Comment

The lack of female writers? Well... I prefered Lily Taylor much more as the story editor on Farscape than the writer, somehow the two episodes written by her weren't among my favourites.
                Lack of female writers? Yes, I think that's problem on Stargate (have they had any women writing episodes the last few years? I can't recall any.). There are women writing for Battlestar Galactica, why can't there be women writing Stargate?

It would be great to have that perspective on female relationships, especially for Sam and Vala.

Comment

Me too, friendly reminder to use tags people.
                  Okay if you insist!

Spoiler:

Comment

Lack of female writers? Yes, I think that's problem on Stargate (have they had any women writing episodes the last few years? I can't recall any.). There are women writing for Battlestar Galactica, why can't there be women writing Stargate?

It would be great to have that perspective on female relationships, especially for Sam and Vala.
                    Yup, it would be an interesting experiment.

Comment

Do the Gates have any female freelance/ghost writers?

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIOR
                        Okay if you insist!

Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        Just couldn't stay out of it, since you didn't write which episode was concerned... I clicked !

I'd like to tell you something... I have already seen "Flesh and Blood" and "Morpheus", but maybe some of us haven't ?

As for female writers, it could be a good idea...

Linwëlin, going back to her pizza, and haunting flies !
                        Last edited by Linwelin; 25 July 2006, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Just couldn't stay out of it, since you didn't write which episode was concerned... I clicked !

I'd like to tell you something... I have already seen "Flesh and Blood" and "Morpheus", but maybe some of us haven't ?

As for female writers, it could be a good idea...
                          I don't know... I think they should ask Ben Browder to write an episode or two. If you watched Farscape, his two eps there, Green Eyed Monster and John Quixote are really brilliant. I think Ben is much better writer than Mallozzi and Mullie. Definitely.

Comment

Haven't. Three and a half months (presumably) to go.

Comment

I don't know... I think they should ask Ben Browder to write an episode or two. If you watched Farscape, his two eps there, Green Eyed Monster and John Quixote are really brilliant. I think Ben is much better writer than Mallozzi and Mullie. Definitely.
                              Still haven't seen Farscape... It is only on SciFi, and I plan to get it in one or two months...

Haven't. Three and a half months (presumably) to go.
                              So, lets keep spoiler tags !

Going back to CSI: Miami !

Comment

Still haven't seen Farscape... It is only on SciFi, and I plan to get it in one or two months...
                                Seen the first four eps from my library- I love it, sad thing is that it's popular so I have to wait for the next set to come.

Comment

Working...
                                X