No announcement yet.

S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I totally agree! I'm thoroughly enjoying the new direction Stargate has taken. I loved the way it was since season 1 and I love the way it is changing. Changing characters and changing the feel of the show doesn't bother me, so I'm hoping for a few more seasons!

--You know it's weird. I loved FarScape and Ben so much that if it had continued without Ben, I'm not sure I could have watched - so I can understand how RDA's fans feel. But for some reason, I'm not as invested in the characters of Stargate as I am in the show. Don't get me wrong, I love the characters and RDA was one of my favorites - probably my favorite because of his humor - but I'm not really having a problem with him leaving. I would have loved if he could have stayed and Ben still could have joined the team with him there, but... Anyway, for some reason, I can handle change in Stargate.

Comment

24 days til the new season begins.

Comment

Originally posted by Egraine
        24 days til the new season begins.
        Yes!!!

Comment

Well, only 23 days left people. I can't even begin to put into words how excited I'm getting. July 14th is going to freaking rock!
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
            Well, only 23 days left people. I can't even begin to put into words how excited I'm getting. July 14th is going to freaking rock!
            Yes it is! I'll be seeing the second ep at ComiCon, so the hotel BETTER have decent cable!

Comment

I'm excited, but I won't be enjoying the first episode of season 10 until Sunday night or Monday. I'll be on a long weekend kind of vacation, but I'll be recording the episode and I'll either watch it when I come home on Sunday or just relax while I take Monday off and watch it while catching up on the laundry.

Comment

I always record them so I can watch them when there are re-runs or when there is a break in the shows how else are we supposed to surrive.

Comment

Originally posted by Egraine
                  Yes it is! I'll be seeing the second ep at ComiCon, so the hotel BETTER have decent cable!
                  Well, I certainly hope it does for you. Enjoy ComiCon.

Only 22 days left until the season premieres. Yay!!!
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Only 22 days left until the season premieres. Yay!!!
                    Wooohooo!

Well, I certainly hope it does for you. Enjoy ComiCon.
                    Thanks, lookin forward to it....a lot of Scapers are making it a big social event.....we love our family reunions!

If the hotel doesn't have SciFi, I'll find a pub or pizza parlour with it.

Comment

Oh man, I can't wait for the new seasons. I started stargate about a year ago, and have been watching the dvds up through seasons 8 and 1 of sg1 and atlantis, and my sister sent me the videos online of seasons 9 and 2, so I'm all caught up for the first time. July 14th will be the first time I've ever seen a new episode as it aired!

Very excited!

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper
                        Oh man, I can't wait for the new seasons. I started stargate about a year ago, and have been watching the dvds up through seasons 8 and 1 of sg1 and atlantis, and my sister sent me the videos online of seasons 9 and 2, so I'm all caught up for the first time. July 14th will be the first time I've ever seen a new episode as it aired!

Very excited!
                        Nice! Now you'll have to suffer through each week waiting for the next episode rather then having it available to watch right away.

It's really, really hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                          Nice! Now you'll have to suffer through each week waiting for the next episode rather then having it available to watch right away.

It's really, really hard.
                          Yeah, it is difficult at times waiting until the next week. But, that's what this wonderful forum is for, right? It helps pass the time quite nicely.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper

Very excited!
                            Hey, I'm glad to hear that you're so excited. You can bet all of us in this thread are just as excited as you, my friend. Only 22 days left to wait.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Thought I'd give the SCIFI magazine (2006 Aug) thread a boost

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....12&postcount=5

as I just posted a breakdown of the 200th episode party stuff, plus brand new SG1 season 10 ad (whoa...)
                              Last edited by prion; 22 June 2006, 04:27 PM.

Comment

I gotta say I really liked the season 10 promo. It gave me a bit of excitement about the season.

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X