S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
    Watch Farscape! That's all I have to say about that.

Too true, about the schedules. I'm currently rewatching in another thread (currently near the end of season 6), but I'm cool with rewatching season 10 here. Maybe we'll just keep it at a pace that everyone can keep up with. Maybe an episode per week? If we feel like going faster or slower, we can always alter the pace, but I think most of the S10 episodes have a lot to discuss, so we could easily sustain a week's worth of discussion. What'cha all think?
    I think that would be a good idea I'm not saying we all need to be on at the same time cause that would just be impossible, but an on-going, pointed discussion of an episode would be fun. I did this in another thread (a ship one ) almost a year ago and it really brought up some interesting topics that despite the constant chatter in the thread, hadn't been discussed until then.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I'm all for that as well. When shall we begin?
      sigpic
      Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
      I'm a 60%er!
      ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
        I think that would be a good idea I'm not saying we all need to be on at the same time cause that would just be impossible, but an on-going, pointed discussion of an episode would be fun. I did this in another thread (a ship one ) almost a year ago and it really brought up some interesting topics that despite the constant chatter in the thread, hadn't been discussed until then.

-Stef
        Oh, yes, I completely agree. In regards to schedules, I was referring to how much time people have for re-watching... for instance I usually don't get around to watching any Stargate until the end of the week... hence the reason I suggested only watching one ep per week, to give everyone ample time (hopefully) to re-watch.
        Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
        Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

I’m all up for watching an episode a week, I haven’t seen any S10 episodes for a long time!!
          sigpic

Comment

sounds cool
            sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I don't care when we start. Maybe Sunday or Monday (just to kick things off at the beginning of the week)?

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                I don't care when we start. Maybe Sunday or Monday (just to kick things off at the beginning of the week)?

-Stef
                Monday sounds good! Then we can spend the week discussing whatever comes up.

Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

If its Monday for you guys (depending on where you live) then it will be my Tuesday
                  sigpic

Comment

Monday's good for me.

How long are we going between episodes?
                    sigpic
                    Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
                    I'm a 60%er!
                    ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Amaunet View Post
                      If its Monday for you guys (depending on where you live) then it will be my Tuesday
                      LOL. Good point! We could start with your Monday, if you'd prefer. You're in Australia, it seems? Well, then you and I are just about as far away as possible (in regards to time zones, not in regards to physical distance).

Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
                        LOL. Good point! We could start with your Monday, if you'd prefer. You're in Australia, it seems? Well, then you and I are just about as far away as possible (in regards to time zones, not in regards to physical distance).
                        Yep Australia, the eastern side which means we are even more ahead of the the rest of the world I'm guessing you live in America? Its ok, I don't mind starting with your Monday...whatever everyone is most comfortable with
                        sigpic

Comment

We could start Sunday too. No matter, to me anyway.
                          sigpic
                          I'm a 60%er!
                          ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Amaunet View Post
                            Yep Australia, the eastern side which means we are even more ahead of the the rest of the world I'm guessing you live in America? Its ok, I don't mind starting with your Monday...whatever everyone is most comfortable with
                            Yep! Pacific coast of the US, too... which means I'm waaay behind most of the world.

If we start with Australia's Monday and America's Sunday, then it will be the beginning of the week for everyone! Sound fair?

Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Sounds fair to me. I have Sunday off of work too so that is a little easier for me than to start Monday.
                              sigpic
                              I'm a 60%er!
                              ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Sounds good I'll post little kick off things early Sunday before work and then everyone can just post when they get the chance...and let the good times roll I'll try to think up some questions to get us started off - and then hopefully spur conversations from there!

-Stef

Comment

Working...
                                X