S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iawen View Post
    There was a long wait between The Quest parts one and two? Oh you poor thing! LOL. I was pretty impatient watching the episodes between part two and The Shrine, and I was watching them on DVD, LOL!!!!
    Oh yes! Months and months of waiting... At least, here in the U.S. The Quest part 1 aired in late September. But The Quest part 2 aired in April of the following year. It aired in January in the UK, so info was readily available on the web from UK fans. Still, it was torturous.

A while back I tried to get a group friends to watch Stargate, and just off-hand I started them on The Quest. Only two of these friends had watched Stargate before, and none of them had seen season 10. I planned on just having them watch both parts of The Quest, because it's a nice team episode which I thought they might like. But when we got to the end they just about killed me. By a unanimous vote, they decided we had to stay up late and watch The Shroud too. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen, because they were in such suspense and kept asking me "is Daniel going to be okay?" That was a very satisfying moment.

Edit: I'm laughing at the Cam smilie. It is adorable.
    Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
    Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
      Oh yes! Months and months of waiting... At least, here in the U.S. The Quest part 1 aired in late September. But The Quest part 2 aired in April of the following year. It aired in January in the UK, so info was readily available on the web from UK fans. Still, it was torturous.

A while back I tried to get a group friends to watch Stargate, and just off-hand I started them on The Quest. Only two of these friends had watched Stargate before, and none of them had seen season 10. I planned on just having them watch both parts of The Quest, because it's a nice team episode which I thought they might like. But when we got to the end they just about killed me. By a unanimous vote, they decided we had to stay up late and watch The Shroud too. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen, because they were in such suspense and kept asking me "is Daniel going to be okay?" That was a very satisfying moment.
      LOL! That's awesome. I was on the edge of my seat for The Shroud, because I had no idea what was really going on or if Daniel was really Daniel or if their mission would be a success and all of that. What an intense episode, LOL.

It's weird that a US show would air new episodes in other countries first. That never makes any sense to me, LOL.
      sigpic
      Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
      I'm a 60%er!
      ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Ah yes, the debacle of S10 I have no patience so I remember distinctly asking people for tidbits from the UK about the second half of S10 in between my classes then *cough* watched the episodes later. I guess at that point, they didn't care about ratings since the show had already been canceled.

As for the Cam smilies, I think they're all cute but there just really isn't a lot of instances where a sword is a applicable to a conversation

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Skiffy's had much worse cases of "mid-season W.A.I.T. syndrome"
          *recalls season three of Farscape*

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
            Really? I didn't watch Farscape when it aired (only after the fact)... as a matter of fact, I don't think I eve had access to the Sci-fi channel at that point. How long did they make you wait? I could see that being infuriating considering how season 3 of Farscape went.
            Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
            Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
              As for the Cam smilies, I think they're all cute but there just really isn't a lot of instances where a sword is a applicable to a conversation

-Stef
              Oh, I don't know, given some of the conversations I've had lately (both online and in RL) I think it might be a good idea for me to start carrying around a sword. At the very least it would make me feel better.

Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Oh, I don't know, given some of the conversations I've had lately (both online and in RL) I think it might be a good idea for me to start carrying around a sword. At the very least it would make me feel better.
                You gotta make sure you have that expression on your face when you do

As for Skiffy, BSG was one of the most screwed over shows in terms of time between seasons (or half seasons). Over a year

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

-Stef

I could never use the smilie anywhere else so I just decided to take advantage of us discussing Cam here so I'd have an excuse to use it at least once, LOL.

Never seen BSG or Farscape. (Okay, I've see the pilot to Farscape--that's it.)
                  sigpic
                  Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
                  I'm a 60%er!
                  ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

I could never use the smilie anywhere else so I just decided to take advantage of us discussing Cam here so I'd have an excuse to use it at least once, LOL.

Never seen BSG or Farscape. (Okay, I've see the pilot to Farscape--that's it.)
                    Don't want to get OT here but *cough* watch them *cough* Oh, and pretend FS starts with S2

Out of curiosity, would anyone here be interested in rewatching and discussing S10 at some point? I know there are episode threads, but I thought since the topic of the thread is S10 we'd be okay with finding new ways to discuss it

-Stef

Comment

Don't want to get OT here but *cough* watch them *cough* Oh, and pretend FS starts with S2

Out of curiosity, would anyone here be interested in rewatching and discussing S10 at some point? I know there are episode threads, but I thought since the topic of the thread is S10 we'd be okay with finding new ways to discuss it

-Stef
                      That's a great idea! I was thinking that we needed to introduce specific topics for discussion, and that would be a great way to do it.

Off-topic... I only made it through half an episode of BSG. Sorry, I don't see the appeal. So the only problem I have with the way Sci-fi has dragged out the final season of BSG is that I am simply sick and tired of hearing about it and seeing the commercials. I think Sci-fi just didn't want to admit that they were losing another show.

Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Really? I didn't watch Farscape when it aired (only after the fact)... as a matter of fact, I don't think I eve had access to the Sci-fi channel at that point. How long did they make you wait? I could see that being infuriating considering how season 3 of Farscape went.
                        Yeah, it was bad. It was the first time I was compelled to write fan fic 'cause I had to try to fill in some blanks on my own. We had to wait for the second half of season three from August to April!

As for Skiffy, BSG was one of the most screwed over shows in terms of time between seasons (or half seasons). Over a year

-Stef
                        You sure that was all skiffy? And I think it was close to a year, not over a year... then again... I don't really remember when season four started.

Off-topic... I only made it through half an episode of BSG. Sorry, I don't see the appeal. So the only problem I have with the way Sci-fi has dragged out the final season of BSG is that I am simply sick and tired of hearing about it and seeing the commercials. I think Sci-fi just didn't want to admit that they were losing another show.
                        I think it was more a case of "crap! We're losing our hit show!" That "final season" was the decision of the show runners and NOT skiffy. They'd seen what skiffy did to FS and didn't want it to happen to them. I don't blame them at all either.

Oh and don't feel bad about not getting into it. I couldn't get past the mini at first because the "journalistic style" of filming really got on my nerves. It's like reading a novel that keeps telling you it's a novel and not an actual story . But they finally calmed that down. I still won't buy it on DVD because of that... but I have friends.

Now... back to season 10 of SG!

Comment

You sure that was all skiffy? And I think it was close to a year, not over a year... then again... I don't really remember when season four started.
                          Since OT:
                          Spoiler:
                          The last episode of S3 aired March '07 and the first episode of S4 aired April '08. So a year and a month

-Stef

Comment

-Stef
                            LOL! I definitely want to see FS.

I would be interested in rewatching and discussing season ten! That might get a little tricky since we all have different schedules; I'm in the middle of rewatching season eight, and I've started alternating episodes with Atlantis so I can rewatch Atlantis as well, so getting through is slow going. But that is a wonderful idea! If you guys decide to go ahead and not wait for me I'll still participate in the discussion.
                            sigpic
                            I'm a 60%er!
                            ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

LOL! I definitely want to see FS.

I would be interested in rewatching and discussing season ten! That might get a little tricky since we all have different schedules; I'm in the middle of rewatching season eight, and I've started alternating episodes with Atlantis so I can rewatch Atlantis as well, so getting through is slow going. But that is a wonderful idea! If you guys decide to go ahead and not wait for me I'll still participate in the discussion.
                              Watch Farscape! That's all I have to say about that.

Too true, about the schedules. I'm currently rewatching in another thread (currently near the end of season 6), but I'm cool with rewatching season 10 here. Maybe we'll just keep it at a pace that everyone can keep up with. Maybe an episode per week? If we feel like going faster or slower, we can always alter the pace, but I think most of the S10 episodes have a lot to discuss, so we could easily sustain a week's worth of discussion. What'cha all think?

Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

At least you weren’t waiting for the next season of Farscape, only to discover that it was being shown on Saturday afternoons and you had missed half of it. Or that it was being shown at times late at night that weren't in the tv guide. Anyway that was years ago, but I haven't really watched the show since...i couldn't get back into it
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X