Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man
    LOL! Indeed!
    Actually it should be: "See? That's what I'm talking about!" I've re-watched making screencaps while watching Avalon pt. 1 from DVD earlier today

Comment

i can't wait for Season 10! i think i might be saying that everyday until it comes...eek. lol...i think a lot of the episodes so far have an interesting plot summary and i can't wait! plus Jack's coming back.
      "Yeah Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise."
      "Why not?"
      "The codename for the project is Prometheus. What's wrong with that?"
      NOTHING!

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Obvious
        i can't wait for Season 10! i think i might be saying that everyday until it comes...eek. lol...
        I am.

Comment

Me too

Comment

Me three!
            I GoodSearch for the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research
            Raise money for your favorite charity - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!

Comment

With more and more spoilers slowly emerging on the surface about season 10 I'm really happy and excited about it. They sound really great and season 10 is definitely gonna rock!

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIOR
                .....I knew that even though (IMO) season 8 was very much below average and that RDA was holding the show back with his scheduling demands that there was still a chance that the show could redeem itself in the future and in my eyes in season 9 it did.
                A little clarification here. RDA simply said he wanted to cut back on his show appearances; time spent working. If that was acceptable to the PTB that was fine, if not, then he would leave the show. He didn't give them an ultimatum, he didn't demand anything. He simply said this is what I'm willing to do; the choice is yours. They *chose" to keep him on in a limited time and shoot around the time he was there. The could just as easily have said, "No, it would be too hard on all of us; we just can't do it, but they did not. It was *their* choice. The decided to go ahead without him in S9. Results so far? I'd say pretty mixed. Seems that half (of people who post on these forums) think S9 is great; other half thinks it sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightspore
                  A little clarification here. RDA simply said he wanted to cut back on his show appearances; time spent working. If that was acceptable to the PTB that was fine, if not, then he would leave the show. He didn't give them an ultimatum, he didn't demand anything. He simply said this is what I'm willing to do; the choice is yours. They *chose" to keep him on in a limited time and shoot around the time he was there. The could just as easily have said, "No, it would be too hard on all of us; we just can't do it, but they did not. It was *their* choice. The decided to go ahead without him in S9. Results so far? I'd say pretty mixed. Seems that half (of people who post on these forums) think S9 is great; other half thinks it sucks.
                  Yeah, but at the same time he was also one of "them" being a show's exec producer until the end of season 8. So the other TPTB really hadn't much to say about it.

Comment

I love the positivity in this place! You guys all tend to be so happy while the people in the anti thread just talk about throwing up in envelopes when people talk about claudia black! This is such a better place!

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit
                      I love the positivity in this place! You guys all tend to be so happy while the people in the anti thread just talk about throwing up in envelopes when people talk about claudia black! This is such a better place!
                      Agree. I'm completely and absolutely disgusted when they're saying that it would be offensive if Claudia happened to be second in the credits next year. Amount of screen time anybody? Hello!!! If AT is going to be in a few Atlantis episodes next season it's quite obvious that she's definitely going to have less screen time at SG-1. But we'll see in July, I guess how the credits are gonna look like.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit
                        Me too. It's all rainbows and butterflies here.....

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
                          Yeah, but at the same time he was also one of "them" being a show's exec producer until the end of season 8. So the other TPTB really hadn't much to say about it.
                          However, there are several EP; RDA was only one of them. They still had a choice. Sci-Fi had a choice. They made their choice; they were not held hostage by RDA. I'm just not one of those who is going to blame RDA's schedule for the bad writing. Sure, it made things difficult for the cast and crew members. But you should remember at *that* point in time, they were conviced the show couldn't go on without RDA. So had he not come back for the show in S8, there would have been no show. They all would be out of jobs and you wouldn't be able to be watching the S9 that you are enjoying so much.

Every black cloud has a silver lining.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorina
                            However, there are several EP; RDA was only one of them. They still had a choice. Sci-Fi had a choice. They made their choice; they were not held hostage by RDA. I'm just not one of those who is going to blame RDA's schedule for the bad writing. Sure, it made things difficult for the cast and crew members. But you should remember at *that* point in time, they were conviced the show couldn't go on without RDA. So had he not come back for the show in S8, there would have been no show. They all would be out of jobs and you wouldn't be able to be watching the S9 that you are enjoying so much.
                            And you aren't?

Comment

Originally posted by Nightspore

Well I suppose scheduling demands weren’t quite the right usage of words to describe the situation so how about “scheduling proposal”, but anyways the fact still remains that his “scheduling proposal” caused the other executive producers to write the stories around his schedule which also caused location restraints and altered a lot of the stories that the writers wanted to tell. Now I’m not saying that this was an entirely bad thing; some episode might have turned out better because of this and a lot of people may have liked the episodes that were adversely affected by RDA’s shooting schedule better than the others. I’m just saying in my personal opinion that RDA’s scheduling constraints robbed season 8 of some of the potential that I saw it could have had if he would have been able to work a full/close to a full season or had just been reduced to a guest character like in season 9. As for the other exec’s just easily saying no to RDA’s “scheduling proposal” that’s just one of the craziest things I’ve ever heard! They’re not just going to say no to RDA like that because he was and still is a big part (if not the main part) of why the show is what it is today and he was the executive producer too!!! Season 1-8’s opening title of the show didn’t say RDA’s Stargate for nothing. Of course they were going to give him pretty much anything that he wanted during season 8 negotiations to keep him happy and on the show. If that means cutting his appearances down even more and doing a lot of SGC, Teal’c, Sam, and Daniel episodes then that’s what they’re going to do. Put it this way: if you were a CEO exec. at a major business firm and your top employee that annually brought in millions of dollars single handedly was thinking about retiring early would you just say okay happy have a nice life?!?! No!! Anyone in their right mind would be trying to convince that employee to stay on as long as they can. Whether this would be by giving incentives, raises, etc, even if it meant lightening there work load in order to accommodate them. IMO that was the case with RDA and in my eyes it ultimately affected the final product (examples: not as much team episodes, not as many on location episodes, and further budget constraints to the show which stopped them from doing some of the things they would have liked to do). Not to say that RDA intentionally did this but IMO these dilemmas popped due to the fact of his big salary little scheduling and that’s the way the cookie crumbles sometimes in show biz. Oh BTW in regards to season 9 they tried to negotiate with RDA but he said that he was done after season 8. From what I remember reading the exec’s clearly wanted him to stay but he said that he was done and they couldn’t convince him to come back.
                              Last edited by JUNIOR; 05 April 2006, 06:52 AM.

Comment

And now it looks that he sooooo needs to work that it was him who suggested to TPTB that they can use him to tie "some loose ends", but according to info on his forum at his website, he doesn't want to tie them too tightly to have open doors for future seasons or features. Let's hope that it's not gonna be a "dumb Jack" from season 8 in season 10 episodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X