S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lida
    BTW, can anyone give me the rational behind Wrestling on Sciffy, 'cause I still don't get it.
    None of us do.

Comment

Originally posted by DianaT17
      I am already scared of seeing the last episodes. The better they are the harder it will get to say good bye if they can't keep the series format. Mini Series, movies whatever, it just won't ever be enough! I need my fix of Daniel Jackson!

Btw, Fifth Man, I love your sig!!
      It will be hard regardless but lets look at it this way. Do we want a satisfying ending, or a Farscape throw a shoe at the atv ending? Personally I take the former.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
        None of us do.
        No because it makes 0 sense. Wrestling is a horrible sport IMO and it does bring in the young croud however it just adds more horrible quaility to their shows and proves they would rather have a beat them up than a good clean show that adds to quailty TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
          No because it makes 0 sense. Wrestling is a horrible sport IMO and it does bring in the young croud however it just adds more horrible quaility to their shows and proves they would rather have a beat them up than a good clean show that adds to quailty TV.
          Eugh, I agree. Anything that is quality gets scrapped for popularity. SG1 is still their 3/4th most popular Science Fiction programme, and although I'll admit its expensive, I think the advantages of keeping it on, outweigh the disadvantages.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

Originally posted by tommiekins
            Eugh, I agree. Anything that is quality gets scrapped for popularity. SG1 is still their 3/4th most popular Science Fiction programme, and although I'll admit its expensive, I think the advantages of keeping it on, outweigh the disadvantages.
            Agreed! What advantages does big sweaty men have? Now i'm sick that they would choose that over SG-1!

Comment

Agreed! What advantages does big sweaty men have? Now i'm sick that they would choose that over SG-1!
              They bring in big ratings. Like it or not, wrestling = money in the bank for Sci-Fi. They just care about the money, not quality. Otherwise, SG-1 would be getting ready for Season 11.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                They bring in big ratings. Like it or not, wrestling = money in the bank for Sci-Fi. They just care about the money, not quality. Otherwise, SG-1 would be getting ready for Season 11.
                This is true. Sci-Fi channel are
                sigpic
                "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                  They're actually worse than that. I just can't say how I really feel about them on this forum.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

They're actually worse than that. I just can't say how I really feel about them on this forum.
                    What's the Goa'uld plural of mikta?
                    Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                    Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                    -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                      I guess the executives of scifi channel perfer watching grown men in tights.

-that was wrong of me, i apologize thats the 2 week withdrawal talking.
                      Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

There's a very nice Goa'uld word, it begins with an H, and is worse than Shol'va. After everything the show did for that channel.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

Originally posted by Artha O'neill
                          I guess the executives of scifi channel perfer watching grown men in tights.

-that was wrong of me, i apologize thats the 2 week withdrawal talking.
                          No its ok!

Comment

Scif are a pain in the Mikta! Oh well at least we will have some form of Stargate.

Comment

Scif are a pain in the Mikta! Oh well at least we will have some form of Stargate.
                              I agree. I just hope that MGM announces what their plans are as soon as a decision is reached. Just like many others, I'm dying to know what will happen next. Will it be a mini-series, tv movie, or the online season?
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I hope that Stargate SG-1 goes on Spike TV, starting with
                                season 10 because then more Sci Fi fans will be attracted to
                                Stargate since Spike is a new and attractive channel.

Dang it, the fifth man just logged off.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X