S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Descent
    Blown out an airlock? That was Simmons (John De Lancie) back in Prometheus. You should watch Full Alert again, its unclear whether or not Kinsey survived.
    But didn't Kinsey die aboard the Promethius? I saw Full Alert about a month and half ago and I can't remember.....

Comment

No he was on an Alkesh that was about to blow up, its implied that he used the rings to escape.
      sigpic
      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

No he was on an Alkesh that was about to blow up, its implied that he used the rings to escape.
        *goes off looking for an episode summery*

Comment

In any case, I made this if anyones interested in putting it in their sig or something:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
            Spoiler:
            I think the Neilsons need a major overhaul. They haven't even figured out how to take VCRs into account and now we've moved on to DVRs, which many people, myself included, rely on to watch pretty much everything we really want to see. All the shows I don't want to miss are preprogrammed into my DVR. Some other stuff I might catch while it is on, but I know I have the luxury of watching my DVRed stuff whenever I want. Neilson isn't catching these, but these are my favorite shows. Neilson will record the one time I happened to catch some show I only somewhat care to watch and will miss the shows I MUST watch, because I DVR them.
            I SO agree with you on this! But Scifi is aware that there are other ways of seeing what we watch. Digital services (like Cox Digital here in my area) monitor what you watch [i]LIVE[/b] and send statistics like that to the networks, too... as does TiVO. The key is to watch live while you're recording, or you don't get counted.

The Nielson's try to take into account the stuff we record, but only with the viewing "diaries" they send out just before sweeps... I think that's up to four times a year now.

You're right in that they really need to figure out a way to take into account those shows we record regularly as it's obvious that those are the shows which matter most to us.

More PRO-10.... It's funny how much I'm looking forward to every episode just before it's time for it to air. I haven't read any spoilers (until little ones pop up right in front of me, like in TV Guide, or here) so I don't know until someone mentions it, what the "next" ep is... but now I'm getting really excited about "Insiders" (aka Great Ba'als of Fire) When's "200" gonna be on?

Comment

Originally posted by Linwelin
              Well, thank you for that... It was due to firefox... I had blocked the pop-up windows...

Can't green you for that, but wish I could !
              No worries... glad I could be of help.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor
                When's "200" gonna be on?
                August 18th, I think its going to be one of the highest rated episodes this season. It just looks like a classic. Jack's back!
                sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure how taking the number of recorders into account will help- advertisers don't care about those people, therefore the network doesn't.

Comment

Well, "Insiders" looks to be a good episode. And not too much longer till it airs. I just hope it really picks up in the ratings department, especially following a great episode like "The Pegasus Project". Time to start praying for at least a 1.8. Then the following episodes can keep going up from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos
                      Well, "Insiders" looks to be a good episode. And not too much longer till it airs. I just hope it really picks up in the ratings department, especially following a great episode like "The Pegasus Project". Time to start praying for at least a 1.8. Then the following episodes can keep going up from there.
                      Theres a great scene from "Insiders" at www.aol.com/stargatesg1

"I'm the real Baal." "No, I'm the real Baal!"
                      *Mitchell looks at the other one*
                      Mitchell: "Let me guess...your the real Baal."
                      sigpic

Comment

I am really looking forward to the next episode. I loved last year and am loving this year even more. I want to hear your opinions on the ratings. I hate the antis blaming it on the show and can't believe there is an anti 11 thread already. I believe Sci-Gi is resposnible for the problem. They screwed with the schedual and that is the reason IMHO. I really want a next season for both shows but I am very concerned that it won't happen. I am afraid that in the next few days we will see a report that this is the final year. Any thoughts?
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Theres a great scene from "Insiders" at www.aol.com/stargatesg1
                          Indeed! That was a great scene. Makes me anticipate tomorrow night even more now.

Long Live SG-1!!!!!!!!!
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                            Indeed! That was a great scene. Makes me anticipate tomorrow night even more now.

Long Live SG-1!!!!!!!!!
                            Took the words wright out of my mouth! LONG LIVE STARGATE!
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                              I read this elsewhere and I think it is true: the fans that would visit a website based on a particular show are fans that are polarized about that show. Your average fan may not make the effort. I know that is true in my case. This is the only site I visit that is dedicated to just one show and the reason I visit here is because I am motivated by my love for the show and Ben. There are other shows I watch, but if they have websites I haven't bothered to find out. [There is another website I visit that discusses everything on television, but I just pop around here and there and read some things, but don't post much except in the FarScape and Stargate threads.

What was my point? Oh, yeah. I'm sure you'll talk to many viewers that don't find a thing wrong with the changes, because they aren't as invested in the way the show was as some more fervent fans are. That's only natural and an internet fandom does not reflect the fandom as a whole.

Anyway, glad you joined us!!!
                              Thanks I'm glad to, !!! I hear you on the fan thing and completely agree, I tend not to tell people the extent of my love for my shows, how do you explain to somebody when you get on a set like Third Watch and get to spend the day with the cast and crew because you ran a huge message boards and had connections? You can't, lol because then it kind of telling them your kind of obsessed about your show and you love it hahah...but I wouldn't have it any other way, I honestly feel bad for those that don't invest into the show like we do because I think we see it in a completely different light...

Originally posted by Linwelin
                              Now, I begin to think I'm the one who hasn't seen a single episode of Farscape... Next DVD to buy !
                              Your not the only one but that's okay! It's our goal to Scape one person at a time (insert the evil laughter)...no I think you won't be disappointed and I agree with the fifth man...

Comment

There's an anti-season 11 thread already? Anyone got a link? This I have to see.

Comment

Working...
                                X