S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Descent
    I haven't voted, maybe someone should give me the link?
    http://www.scifi.com/stargate/poll/

By the way, am I the only one who thinks Landry makes a better General than Hammond?
    I thought I was the only person not enamored by Hammond. I just didn't get the overwhelming love for that character. He was okay, I guess. I think a lot of my dissatisfaction comes from some early episodes, like when O'Neill [I think it was] asked if Teal'c could join the team and Hammond blustered back, "You are in no position to make demands!" Since when is asking a question making a demand? I can't remember the other ones, but there were 2 or 3 instances like this that were quite stupid and that set the tone for me disliking him. Well, maybe not dislike, but there was no sadness when he left.

Yes, I like Beau a lot more and I wasn't sure I would. I didn't quite see him in the part, but he has won me over.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefreyu
      I was watching just didn't enjoy it like the other seasons. For me there wasn't a single episode where I was like wow that was really good. Season 10 is starting off really well I don't care what the ratings say. The Pegasus Project was the best episode I've seen in a long time. Not looking foward to this week's one as much but I'll live.
      I hope more season 10 episodes win you back to loving the show like you did before! I know not everyone likes the changes, but it's nice that some fans that didn't care for season 9 are still keeping an open mind for season 10!

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
        http://www.scifi.com/stargate/poll/

I thought I was the only person not enamored by Hammond. I just didn't get the overwhelming love for that character. He was okay, I guess. I think a lot of my dissatisfaction comes from some early episodes, like when O'Neill [I think it was] asked if Teal'c could join the team and Hammond blustered back, "You are in no position to make demands!" Since when is asking a question making a demand? I can't remember the other ones, but there were 2 or 3 instances like this that were quite stupid and that set the tone for me disliking him. Well, maybe not dislike, but there was no sadness when he left.

Yes, I like Beau a lot more and I wasn't sure I would. I didn't quite see him in the part, but he has won me over.

he was talking to Daniel when he said that.
        when jack requested teal'c to join hammond said that decision may not be up to you.
        BRING BACK THE NOX!!!!!
        Also bring back Jack and get rid of that other guy whatever his name is.

Comment

well Hammond was like that at first he softened up as time went by which to me made him more likeable
          I know a lot of people liked that and it wasn't that he became soft or was hard that influenced me, but that some of the blustering he did didn't make sense. I wish I could think of the other examples that formed my early opinion.

Like Descent, I would prefer him to be harder and gruffer [he is a general], I just didn't like when his gruffness looked like he wasn't paying attention or like he was reacting to something else.

Comment

I hope more season 10 episodes win you back to loving the show like you did before! I know not everyone likes the changes, but it's nice that some fans that didn't care for season 9 are still keeping an open mind for season 10!
            Last year I just felt like I was going through the motions just watching a show because it had been my favorite for the past 8 seasons. This year I actually have been excited about the upcoming episodes and have a renewed sense of joy when I hear that opening music.
            BRING BACK THE NOX!!!!!

Comment

he was talking to Daniel when he said that.
              when jack requested teal'c to join hammond said that decision may not be up to you.
              Thanks. I should have checked a transcript, but I'm lazy.

edited: That may have been another time I was going "huh?" If Jack ASKED for Teal'c to join the team, he KNEW it wasn't up to him. Duh. That's why he was ASKING. See? Stupid responses.

Comment

Last year I just felt like I was going through the motions just watching a show because it had been my favorite for the past 8 seasons. This year I actually have been excited about the upcoming episodes and have a renewed sense of joy when I hear that opening music.
                Excellent. The divided fandom saddens me.

Comment

Anyways, Insiders looks to be a good one. I like how Baal is one of the main villians of the show these days. And now with him controlling the Trust and all, im hoping we'll maybe see Kinsey again.
                  sigpic
                  "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                  DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

The divided fandom saddens me.
                    Yeah, it confuses me when people treat SG-1 as a totally different show now when really it hasn't changed that much.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks. I should have checked a transcript, but I'm lazy.

edited: That may have been another time I was going "huh?" If Jack ASKED for Teal'c to join the team, he KNEW it wasn't up to him. Duh. That's why he was ASKING. See? Stupid responses.
                      jack said something about you'll accept my recommendation that teal'c join SG-1 or something like that i'm too lazy to check.
                      BRING BACK THE NOX!!!!!

Comment

Yeah, it confuses me when people treat SG-1 as a totally different show now when really it hasn't changed that much.
                        I think a big problem was it didn't really have that team feel to it in season 9 it felt forced IMO. This year everyone seems to have gelled together and they have that chemistry that was lacking last year. My only gripe right now is Vala.
                        BRING BACK THE NOX!!!!!

Comment

jack said something about you'll accept my recommendation that teal'c join SG-1 or something like that i'm too lazy to check.
                          LOL. Yea, for laziness! I'm outta here now, maybe I'll check tomorrow...

Comment

My only gripe right now is Vala.
                            Yeah, I wasn't too crazy about her in Pegasus Project. They might be overplaying the whole "Vala wants her hands on some treasure/loot" bit.
                            sigpic

Comment

Anyways, Insiders looks to be a good one. I like how Baal is one of the main villians of the show these days. And now with him controlling the Trust and all, im hoping we'll maybe see Kinsey again.
                              Didn't Kinsey die.....blown out an airlock or something?

As for the generals, I loved General Landry from his first ep, I like him more then General Hammond (I still really like General Hammond), I think Landry is more interesting as a character, and I also like his sense of humour.

And why for fraks sake isn't there a Landry smily yet?

Comment

Blown out an airlock? That was Simmons (John De Lancie) back in Prometheus. You should watch Full Alert again, its unclear whether or not Kinsey survived.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X