No announcement yet.

S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of the haters seem to be bordering on neutral for that ep, which is good seeing as it was a continuation from season 9.

But why are there so many people in the Atlantis forum who actually hate Sg1, especially when they're so similar. Plus, without sg1 there would be no Atlantis. I just get tired of comments like ''I watched sg1 once, and it was sooooo bad!''

But I'm thinking sg1 is gonna do better in the ratings this year. I mean, last year it was on at 8pm and got similar ratings to Atlantis for the first run, but the second showing got higher ratings than Atlantis. So with the timeslot moving to 9pm, does it meant more people will be home to see the first showing? I hope so

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
      IT'S TODAY!!!
      Is it, I just don't know anymore.
      There are Brave Pilots. There are old Pilots. But there are no brave, old Pilots.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
        Some of the haters seem to be bordering on neutral for that ep, which is good seeing as it was a continuation from season 9.

But why are there so many people in the Atlantis forum who actually hate Sg1, especially when they're so similar. Plus, without sg1 there would be no Atlantis. I just get tired of comments like ''I watched sg1 once, and it was sooooo bad!''

But I'm thinking sg1 is gonna do better in the ratings this year. I mean, last year it was on at 8pm and got similar ratings to Atlantis for the first run, but the second showing got higher ratings than Atlantis. So with the timeslot moving to 9pm, does it meant more people will be home to see the first showing? I hope so
        Fingers crossed!
        T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
          Aren't we.....chipper.
          no just not very optimistic anymore
          There are Brave Pilots. There are old Pilots. But there are no brave, old Pilots.

Comment

Originally posted by The.Prior.of.The.Ori
            yes, the ori ship interiors were very impressive
            Yup, they look great.
            T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by CCA
              OH yaaaah I forgot about the Science of Stargate...to tape that or not I DON'T KNOW
              I would prefer everything on tape for posterity or at least family history. At this point anything that would be concidered embarrasing is kind of pointless. It would be up to her though.

Comment

Is there anything left that I need to do at this point. Im virtually clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by The.Prior.of.The.Ori
                  lol cute cute
                  Thanks I try my best lol. So I figured it out, you think your awake but really I put you in the coma, and when Stargate comes back on that is when you wake up but the rest your just dreaming...you just didn't realize it.

Originally posted by dreid
                  I would prefer everything on tape for posterity or at least family history. At this point anything that would be concidered embarrasing is kind of pointless. It would be up to her though.
                  I actually did not end up taping it, I liked seeing some of the scenes from Season 9 of the gang but more then likely I wouldn't watch it again so that's the only reason I didn't tape it. I think one of the more things I got excited is they talked to somebody from the University of Michigan lol

Comment

Originally posted by CCA
                    Thanks I try my best lol. So I figured it out, you think your awake but really I put you in the coma, and when Stargate comes back on that is when you wake up but the rest your just dreaming...you just didn't realize it.

I actually did not end up taping it, I liked seeing some of the scenes from Season 9 of the gang but more then likely I wouldn't watch it again so that's the only reason I didn't tape it. I think one of the more things I got excited is they talked to somebody from the University of Michigan lol
                    Sorry to disapoint you about your theory but I have known about you all pulling me out while I was asleep since I started joining the forum. That and I was getting "Thunked" 3-5 nights a week where I slept. Maybe you didn't want to take the risk that something bad would happen to me if I was really there and fully awake. That may be a thank you moment. Why do you think I began to go bezerk? When I started doing my own TR routines when I had gaps in my sleep patterns when I woke I realized that I was not completely in control of my life. I'd much rather be fully awake and any unnecessary risks are done staged.

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIOR
                      Yeah, I think O'Neill himself said (in season 8, not a direct quote) "since when does plan A ever work" to Jacob or someone, so if you think about it plan A usually doesn't, and Mitchell as impatient as he is would not hesitate to go to plan B if A isn't working.
                      It was in Evolution (season 7) when they were preparing to catch a Kull warrior.
                      School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                        The same reason there are a lot of SG-1 fans who hate Atlantis. And the same reason there are still people who hate s10.
                        Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                        Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                        -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity
                          The same reason there are a lot of SG-1 fans who hate Atlantis. And the same reason there are still people who hate s10.
                          No! People who hate season 10? What kind of a lie is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos
                            No! People who hate season 10? What kind of a lie is that?
                            It's sad but true. Like the fact that Bush is president.
                            Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                            Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                            -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity
                              I've not seen anyone who likes Sg1 but hates Atlantis. I've seen some who don't like it, but that's a far cry from the hate I sense from some of the Atlantis guys against sg1. And these are people who didn't watch sg1 ever- just caught a few episodes when Atlantis started. And somehow that leads to hate- I dunno why. Maybe because they don't want crossovers with a show with so much background, since it would make Atlantis appear more like the child show and a spin-off.

I dunno, I don't care. I'm just wondering how not watching a show can lead to hate.

Comment

Originally posted by CCA
                                sounds like a plan.... a damn good one
                                SAVE SG-1
                                www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
                                Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

Working...
                                X