Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only seen the first 8 episode of season 9, and to me its shaping up to be one of the best seasons yet, I deffinently want a 10th season.
    Like art? Buy prints.

Comment

I want a Season 10. I'm liking many of the changes, and I can't wait until January. I think the show is moving in a positive direction as well.

Not to be a fangirl . . . supporting a show doesn't mean that one has to follow everything the writers do blindly. I find it fascinating that so many people can condemn a show for a handful of episodes or a few spoilers on-line. Watch Season 9 and then judge the year. I base my hopes for Season 10 on the first half of Season 9 and the show's past successes. The SciFi execs will base their decisions on ratings, and both SG-1 and SGA have large but distinct followings. I want to see SG-1 continue while others may tune in to SGA or BSG. Their decisions are fine, but I'm shouldn't be labled an obsessed fan merely because I enjoy the show.
      "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma
        but I'm shouldn't be labled an obsessed fan merely because I enjoy the show.
        Whats wrong with being obsessed with stargate
        I think i fit into the catagory far above obsessed
        I'll have faith in TPTB, if and when they decide that they cant come up wiith good stories for stargate and decide to finish up...thats ok...but i wont listen to other people saying that the show should finish(no offense to those that have said that, i respect your opinion), i'll wiat for TPTB to tell us
        I hope stargate can go on for another few seasons
        The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

i havnt seen any season 9 yet i think sould be a season 10, 11, 12 etc..... lol
          Stargate SG1 Rox!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma
            I want a Season 10. I'm liking many of the changes, and I can't wait until January. I think the show is moving in a positive direction as well.

Not to be a fangirl . . . supporting a show doesn't mean that one has to follow everything the writers do blindly. I find it fascinating that so many people can condemn a show for a handful of episodes or a few spoilers on-line. Watch Season 9 and then judge the year. I base my hopes for Season 10 on the first half of Season 9 and the show's past successes. The SciFi execs will base their decisions on ratings, and both SG-1 and SGA have large but distinct followings. I want to see SG-1 continue while others may tune in to SGA or BSG. Their decisions are fine, but I'm shouldn't be labled an obsessed fan merely because I enjoy the show.
            From what I've read, nobody is labelling anyone for merely enjoying the show. I'm enjoying it, and when I see the term fanboy/girl, I don't think it pertains to me. It's when enjoyment goes on to criticize other people who don't enjoy it, when there is need to correct anyone who says they don't like the show, that the fanboy/girl label comes up. Also, if a person can say that yes they want a 10th season now, aren't they commending the show based on a handful of episodes? If a person should wait until the end of the season to judge unfavorably, shouldn't a favorable judgement wait until the end of the season as well?
            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

ok when i was thinking of makeing this post i did not dream that ppl wood have this much mixed feelings about stargate im just glad that we can talk about stargate
              thank u very much
              carter "colone?"
              o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

Comment

I've been enjoying the feel and direction of the show, I'd actually rank a couple of the season 9 episodes in my favourite list. There have been some screw ups but I could say that about every season so far. I agree though that a decision on the whole season should perhaps be reserved until the second half has aired, but unless they jump the shark completly I'll still be tuning in.
                AncientsTimeline

Comment

Well I want a season 10. But I haven't even seen season 9 and it won't start until Nov 10 here. Avoiding spoilers is killing me.
                  Hero worship is only a part time job

Comment

If tptb did swear to introduce the Furlings, I most definitely would want a season 10, but as of now I can go either way, really what else can they accomplish, on the fence with a cherry pepsi, I love this season 9, but if the Furlings are never introduced, I'll really resent Stargate more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                      I'll really resent Stargate more than anything.
                      BLASPHEMEY!!!!!!
                      I can only see the furlings being introduced in a big budget Stargate 2 movie

Shouldn't this thread be turned into a poll?

Comment

i want to see a season 10 and even more.......way to much in love with the show.....(that is why i am such a gatehead)
                        Stargate Pants Girl
                        (a.k.a. Teryl's Pants Girl)
                        Mak tal shree! Lo tak meta satak Oz!

Comment

Hi im back. No doubt spgwhatever his name is will bite my head off again for saying it's been good this season.

Comment

here is my answer.........................

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

Originally posted by tony
                              here is my answer.........................

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
                              No matter where i look now, all i can see is allot of bold YES's

I think the amount of people who want a season 10 out weighs the people who dont

I still say this thread should be turned into a poll

Comment

I would like to see a season 10 and more.

A lot of people seem to be very harsh on this season because it has a lot of change. You all know what is said about changes.
                                Perhaps a lot of people feel let down because they have read spoilers and don't have anything to be suprised about.
                                Think about it. The Ori are a prime example, "built them up and nothing has happened so far" I've read a lot. It's only the first half of the season. You read that this and this and that is going to happen and then when it does its not how you would expect it to be. Spoilers have it all played out for you, and you don't get to watch it get played out. There is nothing to look forward to if you know what is going to happen.

Take season one, the first few episodes were all off world really non continuity episodes. The later half of the season started to introduce the goa'uld more and the last one, is a cliff hanger with the earth going to be attacked by Apothis.

Compare that to this season... pretty similiar and we have half the season to go.

The other thing about the furlings, same concept, a lot of people are waiting for them to appear in the show but when they are expanded on it will likely let people down. I agree they need to be explored more, though.

Just my thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                                X