Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Sam's best days on SG-1 are behind her (I think AT feels it too, total speculation). I don't want her to go at all, but I think the show could survive as long as Teal'c and Jackson and Mitchell are there. They could reintroduce Jonas as the scientist?? He'd have to have a drastically stylized hair cut though, almost alien. That way he wouldn't resemble Jackson or Browder too much.

Comment

I just don't know if we'll ever see Jonas again. Not that I would mind it, though.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Jonas has grown on me after he left the show. I know that sounds wierd, so don't throw stones please.

I didn't like his lack of character development in Season 6, and I feel the writers did more with him in his momentary visits in Seasons 7 and 8. It's because of the mishandling of Jonas that I don't want to see him as a member of SG-1, but I wouldn't mind him becoming a reoccuring character.
        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Season 10??? Well I'd sure would love to see a few more seasons and I've got this little feeling that the finale 'Camelot' is going to need another part to it. Well all we need to wait out for is those three annoying little words at the end of the episode that might just give us what we're hoping for. Then again that sort of thing has happened before on a show and they got, (I can't even begin to think about it) cancelled...

*please don't hurt me for saying that*

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma
            I'm not saying that Vala could replace Carter's role on the team, but TPTB have already shown us that SG-1 can include Vala and be successful. Given that the writers are getting used to actors having lives and reasons to want other things at times, they are keeping Vala as an option in case of Season 10.

If Carter stays, Vala will become the new Jacob and appear in a finite number of episodes, but if the actress playing Carter chooses to leave the show, the proto SG-1 of early Season 9 will return for Season 10.
            I guess that you make a fair point. Personally, I'd love to see more of Vala, because the character brought a sense of humor to the show that it hadn't had in a long time. But I don't think that Amanda Tapping will pull a "Richard Dean Anderson" and leave.
            -Kralizec

"The only truth is that the knowledge of the universe is infinite."

Comment

Originally posted by Kralizec
              But I don't think that Amanda Tapping will pull a "Richard Dean Anderson" and leave.
              I agree. I think MS, AT, and CJ know they have a good thing going here. If they are smart, they will ride it for as long as they can. Shows with this kind of success don't come along too often for most actors.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                I agree. I think MS, AT, and CJ know they have a good thing going here. If they are smart, they will ride it for as long as they can. Shows with this kind of success don't come along too often for most actors.
                In the words of Sir Bedevir,"Exactly!"
                -Kralizec

"The only truth is that the knowledge of the universe is infinite."

Comment

Originally posted by Crichton
                  I think Sam's best days on SG-1 are behind her (I think AT feels it too, total speculation).
                  I think you'll find that that's because she'd only just given birth a couple of weeks ago. A new-born plus 14 hour days would make anyone tired
                  I can definitely see more great Sam ahead in a 10th or 11th season. And more great Stargate as well

Comment

Originally posted by Crichton
                    I think Sam's best days on SG-1 are behind her (I think AT feels it too, total speculation). I don't want her to go at all, but I think the show could survive as long as Teal'c and Jackson and Mitchell are there. They could reintroduce Jonas as the scientist?? He'd have to have a drastically stylized hair cut though, almost alien. That way he wouldn't resemble Jackson or Browder too much.
                    i think netu will freeze before jonas ever returns. tptb seem bound and determined to deny that the character even existed.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Interesting speculation in here about Amanda possibly leaving if there was a tenth season for Stargate. I just don't see why folks would assume that at all. The idea that she'd leave her well-paying, life-affirming, and tenured JOB just because she had a baby makes me giggle. Millions of women go back to work willingly after giving birth. AT doesn't stop being an actress just because she becomes a mom.

I don't think the show would exist for many more seasons or do as well with the loss of another major character, be it Sam, Daniel or Teal'c, though. I am finding it hard to stay interested in S9 as it is. I don't mourn the departure of Jack, and I like BB and the new supporting actors just fine, but something isn't quite right for me in the mix. The show just doesn't hold my interest anymore like it used to.

And, from what I've read in interviews with Joe and TPTB, Jonas ain't coming back, ever. I don't want to see him as a recurring character, but a guest spot for him would be nice. Too bad. I think they'd do well to bring back more folks from the past eps for guest roles.

Comment

Knowing how excited TPTB were about their cliffhangers, SG-1 better have a season ten. Otherwise all the scifi I will have left is Atlantis and DVDs.

Comment

I hope there is a season 10 of Stargate SG-1 as there are still many loose ends out there in the Stargate Univerese which have been answered. I think there is enough material for atleast another 2 seasons if ratings are good enough.
                          I like continue to watch stargate (both SG-1 and Atlantis). If they keep making the episodes i will continue to watch them.

Proud Supporter of:
                          - 'Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis' -

'If you don't tell me what I want to know, then it'll just be a question of how much you want it to hurt!'
                          - Jack Bauer (24)

Comment

With the rating, and the fact it was one of the shows that gave Sci fi one of it best quarters I think we will see season ten
                            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by magicaltrevor
                              Sg-1 might not have a season ten(probably will), but at least Atlantis will almost definately have a season 3.
                              I completely agree, and I also have hope for another BSG season, but unlike sg-1 and atlantis, BSG can't go on forever, they have to reach earth sometime
                              -Dr. Pepper Girl (aka Sora)

Comment

I find it amazing that people would believe that Amanda Tapping would want to leave the show just because she had a baby, the same way I find it wrong that people asume that RDA will never return to acting (on Stargate or another show) because he has a child. Please, please, please don't rant on about his right to make such a decision or how we should leave him alone. Of course he does and no one should be harassed. It's just that these actors are real people who have many interests, acting being one of them. Of course they want to be good parents but should they decide to continue to act will that make them "bad" ones? If either decides to truly retire then that is their perogative but if not, until they state that they are NEVER returning I welcome more screen time with two wonderful actors.

Comment

Working...
                                X