This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasySyma
    I think many people just want a reason to whine. If they had ended SG-1, poor SGA, which I enjoy, would hear endless complaints of "It just isn't SG-1." People need something to whine about, and this season hasn't been bad. Frankly, Season 6 was the low point of SG-1 for me. Thankfully, the show rebounded and is now matching the quality of former Seasons. Prototype could easily compete with Need, WoO, or the pilot as my favorite episode.
    I whole heartedly agree! Some people aren't happy unless they're whining about SOMETHING!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
      I whole heartedly agree! Some people aren't happy unless they're whining about SOMETHING!
      Ain't that the truth. Oh well, just got to ignore certain people at certain times, you know?
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
        OC in space? Woah....it's obviouse you have never seen the OC.

The OC = pure garbage
        BSG = Well, not.
        Hmmm...well...I've never seen the OC...however...BSG is very much akin to an evening soap opera. And they didn't even know that Starbuck was a man! Unless...he's had a sex change?

Anyway...as I said before...here's to many more seasons of SG and SGA!
        sigpic

Comment

Do you even watch the show, or at least seen an episode from season two? Your "assumption" couldn't be more off. The last 10 episodes have been more action oriented than SG1/A has ever been. Evening soup opera it is not.

I know I'm going a little of topic by saying these things, but I can't let false assumptions like this run around the board. It ends up spreading like a fire, and eventually you have a board of people who are all saying the same thing (the wrong thing, btw). It's really disturbing.
          Last edited by Chricton; 13 October 2005, 07:12 AM.
          Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Do you even watch the show, or at least seen an episode from season two? Your "assumption" couldn't be more off. The last 10 episodes have been more action oriented than SG1/A has ever been. Evening soup opera it is not.

I know I'm going a little of topic by saying these things, but I can't let false assumptions like this run around the board. It ends up spreading like a fire, and eventually you have a board of people who are all saying the same thing (the wrong thing, btw). It's really disturbing.
            No, heavens no, I don't watch the show. I attempted to watch the show, but was so disappointed by it...that I only have it on for background noise after watching Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis.

Oh...I'm not making false assumptions. I've attempted to watch the show both this season and last, and I've been disappointed. It does seem like a soap opera to me, and I know at least one other member of this board feels the same. I also know several people who aren't on this board that feel the same way.

However...I will point out that this is WAY off topic since the thread is about SG1 having a 10th season. So...lets get back to that discussion!
            sigpic

Comment

I would love to see a season 10 and 11 and 12 and 13......

Comment

I remember this happening last year.....just as I thought a renewal would be definite, a bunch of things go horribly wrong! .......syndication ratings are drasctically down from previous years, people are not happy with the short threads version on the DVD (i know its gonna get fixed but still...), the last two episodes aired marked season low ratings, THEY BETTER RENEW IT!!!! I love stargate and it would stink worse than a gouald with bad gas if they ended the series on a cliffhanger and just one season with all these beautiful changes!!!

Comment

Ahh, well, things don't look that bad to me. Scifi had the highest rated quarter with their three Friday shows, and I don't think their willing to let one go and gamble on a new one (Tremors?, eww.)

I think it's the news flying around about the early "non-official" renewals of SGA and BSG that are making us SG1 fans nervous. I say, nothing to be worried about.
                  Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Ahh, well, things don't look that bad to me. Scifi had the highest rated quarter with their three Friday shows, and I don't think their willing to let one go and gamble on a new one (Tremors?, eww.)

I think it's the news flying around about the early "non-official" renewals of SGA and BSG that are making us SG1 fans nervous. I say, nothing to be worried about.
                    Of course, its not as if the Orii wouldn't make a great film nemesis.
                    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
                      Hmmm...well...I've never seen the OC...however...BSG is very much akin to an evening soap opera. And they didn't even know that Starbuck was a man! Unless...he's had a sex change?

Anyway...as I said before...here's to many more seasons of SG and SGA!
                      BSG was, as they say, 'reimagined'. It was a bit rough for me at first and then I got it, and got it bad. The show is a DRAMA that just happens to be set upagainst a Sci-Fi universe. If you notice the TECHNOLOGY aspect of it is very much downplayed in lieu of the human aspects of the story. Odd, though that the antagonists are technology - but then are they (whole nother discussion). I'm willing to be that if you sat down, watched the DVD's and really listened to the dialog and the stories being told - that you'd get into it. Does it seem like a Soap Opera? Yes, but only because both are DRAMA's at heart. For that matter, LOST and ER also fall into that category as well.

P.S. When you see watch the entire Season 1 and get to the Finale, you will be shocked. My jaw dropped when I watched what happened. Already this season, there was an episode with a similar last-scene shocker. There was also another episode that incorporated the original BSG theme quite nicely to the point that all of us over in the GW BSG forum pretty much cried when it was worked into the score.

Try it you might like it.
                      "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Still waiting on that confirmation, Sci-Fi. Come on already. They sure like to keep us on our toes, don't they?
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by chyron
                          BSG was, as they say, 'reimagined'. It was a bit rough for me at first and then I got it, and got it bad. The show is a DRAMA that just happens to be set upagainst a Sci-Fi universe. If you notice the TECHNOLOGY aspect of it is very much downplayed in lieu of the human aspects of the story. Odd, though that the antagonists are technology - but then are they (whole nother discussion). I'm willing to be that if you sat down, watched the DVD's and really listened to the dialog and the stories being told - that you'd get into it. Does it seem like a Soap Opera? Yes, but only because both are DRAMA's at heart. For that matter, LOST and ER also fall into that category as well.

P.S. When you see watch the entire Season 1 and get to the Finale, you will be shocked. My jaw dropped when I watched what happened. Already this season, there was an episode with a similar last-scene shocker. There was also another episode that incorporated the original BSG theme quite nicely to the point that all of us over in the GW BSG forum pretty much cried when it was worked into the score.

Try it you might like it.
                          I have tried it, and I still don't like it. I finally stopped watching when I saw the second to last (?) episode (the one about the virus in the ship's computer) preview. I just couldn't do it anymore. I felt the storylines were getting ridiculous. I'm not interested in wading through anymore of it.

As for SG1 - of course I want a season 10!! I love season 9 and want more, more, more!!
                          Teal'c--what's with the hair?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Ooooh, nice. Short, to the point....I'd have to say yes, only if there is a good plot behind it, and not just flogging a dead horse.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Furlings, I don't care, I will really be upset if the Furlings are never revealed, so have a season 10, or 15, as many as it takes to introduce this race.

Comment

Working...
                                X