Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Vala in season 10 (spoilers & speculation for S9)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darn! Didn't really get the main character thing in the poll when I clicked on "vote", but okay...

I selected the second option, although now I'm wondering if the third option would have been better. I love Vala as a character and how she drives Daniel nuts, but her as a main character?

Although... my favorite TV show of the moment is Gilmore Girls, and I love how the main character Lorelai drives another quasi main character (Luke) nuts. I'm not sure whether I would like to see something similar on SG-1 though.
    No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
    (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

I really enjoyed her as a counterpoint to Sam. It's really just a shame that we are only allowed one major SG1 female character at a time. Is the format so fixed now that adding a second would mess up the dynamics too badly?

Maybe Dr. Lam will become a greater presence going forward
      "It moisturizes my situation and maintains my sexy."

-- P. Diddy in an infomercial for Proactiv skin care

Comment

I'd love to see Vala back....I thought she was entertaining. Wouldn't want it to be at the expense of another on the team, but I don't see why they could not have a fifth member on the team or more than one woman on a team.

Comment

I voted for "I want her as a main character, but not as a replacement" option, but maybe the recurring role was a better idea.

She is a funny character, she's something new and refreshing. The SGC has never met someone like Vala. I think she is hillarius. Besides, except for Vala the only sexy episode in the entire series was "Broca Divide." (Carter goes crazy and tries to violently seduce Jack). And even that was only alittle sexy. Although it would be a good idea to tone it down from now on. If Vala matured some, then i would like to see her return every few eps. Maybe to "replace" (but not really) the recurring role slot that Jacob/Selmak (Rest in Peace friend(s)) left behind. (Lou Gosset is a MAIN character, he's in almost all of the eps.) Lets just hope that
          Spoiler:
          when she returns in the next half of the season it won't ruin the charm that has made many of us love her.
          Plus, she annoys Daniel! Which is always fun.

Comment

Well, I LOVE Vala, but do I want to see her as a MAIN character? Probably not. She'd be GREAT as a recurring character (like so many others) and I def do not want anyone to be able to say that she "replaced" anyone else on the team, so I don't want any of the other team members to leave. So I guess I'll go with, Yes, as long as it isn't at the expense of someone else on the team.

Comment

i just hope there is a 10th season so she and come on i like her
              carter "colone?"
              o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

Comment

recuring charater fits flawlesly and it would fill the other recuring that has been empty since
                Spoiler:
                selmac/jacob

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Vala and Daniel have great chemistry (most of the time) and they have the potential to be the new 'Jack and Daniel'

- "I ask you. What could possibly be in my eye that would explain this?"
                  - "Lose it…it meant go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one’s faculties, three fries short of a happy meal….WACKO!"
                  - "I'm taking this loop off..."
                  - "Did they try the doughnuts? You made sure they were krispy kremes right?"
                  - "Carter, all I heard was matrix, and I found those films quite confusing."
                  - "I played Def Jam Vendetta."

Comment

IMO, Vala is a very interesting character. I mean, just look at everyone who made the regular characters, they're the best at what they do.

Jack and Cam are both very good pilots and leaders (in their own ways); Sam has been deemed the "foremost expert on the Stargate"; Daniel actually activated the Gate, has a vast knowledge of Earth mythology, a linguist, archeologist, he has ascended (twice) and now called the "foremost expert on the Ancients"; Teal'c was first prime of Apophis, has a great knowledge of many different worlds and the Goa'uld, extremely strong and wise; Jonas, for the very short time we had him, was a quick learner, adaptable, and for what I could tell, a pretty good diplomat; as for Generals Hammond and Landry, they're just good being the leaders of SGC.

Vala? She's at her best when she lies, cheats and/or steals. She's the perfect annoying character to play oppostie Daniel. Her past gives a symapthy that might not be true, and her ways are totally unmilitary. She fits in with SG-1, while sticking out, too. She brings with her a new dynamic, which, for me, makes great TV.

So what do I say? VALA ROCKS!

There's only us,
                    There's only this
                    Forget regret, or life is yours to miss
                    No other road,
                    No other way
                    No day but today...

Comment

Originally posted by KillerMercury
                      Vala? She's at her best when she lies, cheats and/or steals. She's the perfect annoying character to play oppostie Daniel. Her past gives a symapthy that might not be true, and her ways are totally unmilitary. She fits in with SG-1, while sticking out, too. She brings with her a new dynamic, which, for me, makes great TV.

So what do I say? VALA ROCKS!
                      Very nice post. Personally, I also think it will make for great tv watching her try and fit in with the rest of the team on a permanent basis. Besides, for those opposed to her joining, she is supposed to be a little more toned down next season anyways. Maybe as a result of her experiences in Ori-land.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                        Very nice post. Personally, I also think it will make for great tv watching her try and fit in with the rest of the team on a permanent basis. Besides, for those opposed to her joining, she is supposed to be a little more toned down next season anyways. Maybe as a result of her experiences in Ori-land.
                        First of all, thank you. I also agree with what you said. Vala's boldness should be taken only in small amounts, and her current situation (which is the main plot for "Flesh and Blood", don't know how to use the spoiler button yet!) might give her more of a humane angle, a less bold Vala, if you will. A lot of people seem to forget that most characters, when they're first introduced, are seen as one-dimensional. Give her a chance!

P.S. BTW, what's this I hear about Claudia Black being pregnant? I always hear news a million years later.

There's only us,
                        There's only this
                        No other road,
                        No other way
                        No day but today...

Comment

If you go to wireimage.com and type in her name you'll see some pics that confirm that rumor. They were taken at a pre-Emmy show.

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524
                            If you go to wireimage.com and type in her name you'll see some pics that confirm that rumor. They were taken at a pre-Emmy show.
                            Which took place mid-September. And about 2-3 weeks later they were filming "Crusade" and "Camelot"

PS. I suppose she has had already her little one

Comment

Thanks, guys!

There's only us,
                              There's only this
                              No other road,
                              No other way
                              No day but today...

Comment

I voted the second option - I think she's great and see alot of me in her + seeing as her current predicament will change her i think she'll rock

Plus Her and daniel need to make babies
                                Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Working...
                                X