Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Vala in season 10 (spoilers & speculation for S9)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Vala! But I think Vala should have a more Bra'tak like presence on the show... as in she pops up occasionally. She's a great deal of fun, but too much of a good thing...

-IMF
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I voted for the second option. I explained my choice in the other poll thread.

Comment

I voted for the "small doses" option.

Vala can be a breath of fresh air, but she can also become stale over time. I was getting very sick of her by the sixth episode this season. Her character by nature (and meaning nothing against Ms. Black's excellent performance) is a scene stealer. Personally, I got overdosed on her and wished they'd staggered her appearances in episodes throughout the season. (It's not like they haven't filmed things out of order before).

I think if Vala was on as regular cast, it would either end up toning down her character too much that she wouldn't be the interesting rogue that attracts many people to her, or the show would end up being about her, which is what many other people hate about her, and it's a team/ensemble show.

I've seen in other places a comparison that Vala is to Daniel like Harry Maybourne is to Jack. I like that analogy, and like the idea of that occasional interaction, a la the recurrence (and character development) of Maybourne.

Plus, Joe Mallozzi has pointed out there's only budget for so many regular stars, and I'm not willing to see any of the current SG-1 leave.

And thanks ShadowMaat for the poll!

Comment

I voted for yes she rocks. First I didn't like her that much in Prometheus unbound but in season 9 we get to know her way better and personly I think it would be good for the show to have a 'rookie' in the SG.1 team. Some of you may think that Col. Cameron Mitchell is a 'rookie' because he is all new but if you saw the episodes from the beginning TPTB made him look like a worthy and capable leader with lot of experience going off world. So I think it would be good for the show to have a rookie on board. She can always become a 5th member. It doesn't say that an SG team needs to have 4 members so actually I am hoping that Claudia Black keeps up the good acting work of season 9 and perhaps joins the cast as a main character. Thanks for listening to my opinion,even if you don't share it !
          Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Voronokova
            I voted for the "small doses" option.

Vala can be a breath of fresh air, but she can also become stale over time. I was getting very sick of her by the sixth episode this season. Her character by nature (and meaning nothing against Ms. Black's excellent performance) is a scene stealer. Personally, I got overdosed on her and wished they'd staggered her appearances in episodes throughout the season. (It's not like they haven't filmed things out of order before).

I think if Vala was on as regular cast, it would either end up toning down her character too much that she wouldn't be the interesting rogue that attracts many people to her, or the show would end up being about her, which is what many other people hate about her, and it's a team/ensemble show.

I've seen in other places a comparison that Vala is to Daniel like Harry Maybourne is to Jack. I like that analogy, and like the idea of that occasional interaction, a la the recurrence (and character development) of Maybourne.

Plus, Joe Mallozzi has pointed out there's only budget for so many regular stars, and I'm not willing to see any of the current SG-1 leave.

And thanks ShadowMaat for the poll!

Ditto. I'd like to see her as a recurring character, not a regular, for the reasons you have expressed.

And yes, thanks ShadowMaat for this poll.

Comment

Assuming of course that there is a Season 10.

(Pro-Vala leaps to an early lead. I wonder how many "sock puppet" votes there will be in this poll?)

Comment

I said yes as long as it's not at the expense of another character. I don't want her to replace Sam or something like that.
                It makes no difference what you do to me. But know this, the Ori are all-seeing.
                [long pause] They are already aware of this affront to their eminence, and shall strike down those who dare to defy them.
                Nothing yet. You?
                Drawing a blank. A little thirsty.
                That doesn't count
                No, it doesn't.

Comment

No, I can't stand her.

I would prefer never to see Vala again, provided of course that a convincing plot-worthy reason is provided for getting rid of her.

Comment

No. The character of Vala never won me over so I would not like to see her as a regular in season 10----no reflection on CB's talents....I'm sure she did the best she could with what she was given.

Comment

I voted for - Yes, as long as it isn't at the expense of someone else on the team.

It would nice if Vala has a place to stay, and that, the relationship with Daniel can be furthered along. But I still would like to see our team at its max, without Vala being a thorn at its side.
                      Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
                      WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

Yeah, I definitely want to see vala as a regular. Not necessarily as a proper SG1 team member. And I definitely don't want her to replace another female character.

A.
                        VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

YES! Vala rocks! Definitely my first choice.

Yes, as long as it isn't at the expense of someone else on the team. Definitely my second choice. If it came at the expense of another character, I'd feel kinda bad for the other actor, whom I certainly love now.

No, she's an okay character, but she's better in small doses. Definitely my third choice. She's way more than just an Okay character, but given choices one and two, I'll take her in small doses, if that 's all we can have.

"Miss me?" Priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by Apogeal Alpha 01
                            YES! Vala rocks! Definitely my first choice.

Yes, as long as it isn't at the expense of someone else on the team. Definitely my second choice. If it came at the expense of another character, I'd feel kinda bad for the other actor, whom I certainly love now.

No, she's an okay character, but she's better in small doses. Definitely my third choice. She's way more than just an Okay character, but given choices one and two, I'll take her in small doses, if that 's all we can have.

"Miss me?" Priceless.
                            So your first choice is yes even if it is at the expense of another character?
                            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                              So your first choice is yes even if it is at the expense of another character?
                              Thats what they said
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

So I guess they dont care if the show gets cancelled. Doh did I say that out loud.
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X