Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony are a big business with some of the best marketing minds in the world - they know that the possibilities from SG are endless so they are giving it a lot of backing.
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
      Yeah even if Sci-Fi channel came out and said they have renewed them for next year, I wouldnt believe it anyway until we got to the end of the season and saw the ratings.
      Originally posted by Hatcheter
      You'd kinda have to believe that, as a Sci-Fi network announcement means they were putting down the millions of dollars needed to create another season of the show.
      The original statement might be a backlash to the fact that the SciFi network announced seasons 5 and 6 of FarScape to the fans and the people making FS, just to let them know while they were finishing the filming of the LAST episode of season 4 that they changed their minds and cancelled it. There is definitely a "Don't trust the SciFi Channel" feel out there.

Comment

There Is great potential still, and it the one of three show they have that get 2.0 they would be stupid to cancel at this point. Never know though they have droped so many good shows
        Invisible man... FARSCAPE... the Cronicle... Sliders....
        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
          The original statement might be a backlash to the fact that the SciFi network announced seasons 5 and 6 of FarScape to the fans and the people making FS, just to let them know while they were finishing the filming of the LAST episode of season 4 that they changed their minds and cancelled it. There is definitely a "Don't trust the SciFi Channel" feel out there.
          Exactly, if they said right now that the show was renewed for season 10, I would not beleive it because the ratings could tank for the rest of the Season and they could change their minds. (I am pretty sure there would be an out clause on the contract as long as no eps were shot)

However, if the ratings increase or hold steady for most of the season and then they said it was renewed, then I would beleive them and be very, very happy. (assuming the show itself doesnt tank... yes I liked [or did not hate] season 7\8)
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I whole-heartedly believe their will be a season 10 of sg-1 and season 3 of sga. Both are quality entertainment, and have a lot of fans backing them up. As long as tptb can tell good stories, people will watch. Can't wait for next season.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I dont see why there isnt going to be a season 3 of atlantis, if it keeps going as good as it is. i hope it runs at least 7 seasons, but thats just me. as for a season 10, i also dont see how its out of reach. and bsg, its a great show, but i think they're really gonna have to stretch to pull a few more seasons. sooner or later, the trying to get to earth routine is gonna get old.
              ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                Never know though they have droped so many good shows
                Of that list, the highest rated was Farscape and it was averaging a 1.2 rating in its final season. All the others had slipped below 1.0.

They've never canceled a show with higher average ratings than a 1.2, but, then they've never had three shows at the same time scoring in the high ones and low twos the way the shows now are.

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                  There Is great potential still, and it the one of three show they have that get 2.0 they would be stupid to cancel at this point. Never know though they have droped so many good shows
                  Sliders was canceld for a good reason, they made too many mistakes in the final seasons, although the concept was still good, they messed up so had no choice about canceling it

Comment

i havent been a huge sliders fan and didt really get into it, but the idea bahind it seemed sound like the other posts said the last season must have got to hairy for them to stop the show when it had good ratings.
                    SGA seems to be getting better as the episodes roll by granted there has been a few in between that didt really push the boundies and didt really excite me too much but i cant see them ending the show at the end of season 2 not in a thousands years, as for SG1 season 9 it hasent impressed me like many of the episodes of season 8 i would have to say the show is loosing its apeal to me unless the other episodes are good and i have had a look at the synopsis of them and most of them look good op paper like the fourth horseman and the following 3 episodes after that so i will keep an open mind and try to give it a chance as it was this show that made me a fan in the 1st place.
                    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Hopefully the big-wigs at sci-fi know they'd have a riot on their hands if they dared take away our stargate shows. Wise up sci-fi, stick with something good.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Sliders was good till the last season when they dropped Jerry O'Connel. Till then is was great... If they had brought him back the show could of lived.... Sg1 on the other hand is still great I want to see it go on.

Comment

Agree with you there.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                            Hopefully the big-wigs at sci-fi know they'd have a riot on their hands if they dared take away our stargate shows. Wise up sci-fi, stick with something good.
                            They know
                            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                              I dont know if they should be that worried. I mean, I always thought Stargate fans *cough* although more numerous *cough* were more polite then Farscape fans and sci-fi survived that riot doh, just kidding .... I loooovvveeee farscape and its fans

.... seriously its my 3rd favorite sci-fi show ever. Back OT: Heck yes Season 10\3 what else would we do on Friday night.

EDIT: Maybe 4th favorite I keep counting SG-1 and SG-A as the same show for some reason.
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Farscape fans did get the show finish and sci-fi aried it And stargate has many of the same fans and more. So it would be hard to cancel it without finishing the new story line

Comment

Working...
                                X