No announcement yet.

Within the Serpent's Grasp (121)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode was on Sky One recently (I think they're just showing random episodes) Anyway this was a cool episode and we got to see zats for the first time! A few funny moments in there aswell

Comment

Great way to finish the first serries

Comment

GREAT episode!!! Loved the tension between Jack and the kid (forgot his name)

Comment

I have a question of this episode, sorry if has been asked before.
          When there's the hyper launch why jack, sam and daniel fall to the floor and tealc can stand up? It's beacaause he is used of it?
          LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL BUT SOMETIMES COMPLICATED

Can you tell me how it used to be?
          Have we changed our hopes for fears and our dreams for plans?

Comment

Originally posted by walter_MacChevron
            GREAT episode!!! Loved the tension between Jack and the kid (forgot his name)
            agreed.. this ep was awsome... and the kids' name was Skaara
            ~ charmed slayer ~

Comment

love this episode one of the best team epsiodes in stargate

and cool idea of having it take place on a mother ship
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Together with the second part, The serpents Lair one of my favourite Stargate episodes. And I think one of the best team episodes of the show.
                If someone will make another Stargate movie I would be excited if it were only half as good as this epsiodes.

Comment

How many episodes have you seen?

I ask just because I wonder what you are comparing this episode to.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                    How many episodes have you seen?

I ask just because I wonder what you are comparing this episode to.
                    I still not have seen all episodes but I think about 80 % of the show.
                    And I compared it to some other very popular episodes like Lost City or Avalon.
                    The reasons why I love "Within the serpent`s Grasp and Serpents Lair are
                    - great team feel (which I missed in other "big" episodes (especially in Lost City)
                    - the enemies came over as real tread to earth ( not as on many later episodes when the enemies were almost parodies of themself)
                    - the show still captured to this time still some of the ancient egypt feeling of the movie anstead going for the generic pseudo Star Trek and pseudo Farscape stuff of the new seasons (I mean season 7 onwards)
                    - and the humour wasn`t so much over the top as now

And I stay to my opinion: This episodes had made a great movie!
                    But now you have made me curious. What are the reasons why you don`t seem to like this episodes very much and which one do you think were better?
                    And how many has YOU seen?
                    Last edited by Starfalcon; 30 April 2006, 09:35 AM.

Comment

I have all the dvd's so I have seen all the realeased episodes more then once. And I have watched most of season 9 of SG-1 and 2 of atlantis.
                      sigpic

Comment

Probably 99.9%
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starfalcon
                          I still not have seen all episodes but I think about 80 % of the show.
                          And I compared it to some other very popular episodes like Lost City or Avalon.
                          The reasons why I love "Within the serpent`s Grasp and Serpents Lair are
                          - great team feel (which I missed in other "big" episodes (especially in Lost City)
                          - the enemies came over as real tread to earth ( not as on many later episodes when the enemies were almost parodies of themself)
                          - the show still captured to this time still some of the ancient egypt feeling of the movie anstead going for the generic pseudo Star Trek and pseudo Farscape stuff of the new seasons (I mean season 7 onwards)
                          - and the humour wasn`t so much over the top as now
                          And I stay to my opinion: This episodes had made a great movie!
                          But now you have made me curious. What are the reasons why you don`t seem to like this episodes very much and which one do you think were better?
                          And how many has YOU seen?
                          I think some people are comparing these episodes to later ones in terms of special effects/visual effects. True enough, the blowing up of 2 motherships is cool, but not compared to, say, Lost City pt 2 or the fight in Heroes pt 2. Also, compared to later episodes, the threat didn't seem so big. Apophis's 2 motherships versus how many of Anubis's at the end of S7.
                          That being said, I agree with you. It was a good "team" episode. It had the right amount of humor, perfectly timed, good bantering, a good story. As to the size of the threat, 2 motherships against a world that had no way to defend themselves is a huge threat. Later seasons, they had some new alien technology and Earth technology based on alien technology to defend themselves. Looking at the special effects alone is not really the best way to make a Stargate comparison, IMO.
                          I really enjoyed these two episodes. And I have seen every episode of Stargate SG-1, and excluding S9 (some I have seen once, some twice), I have seen every episode of S1-8 several times at least.
                          I GoodSearch for the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research
                          Raise money for your favorite charity - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!

Comment

Your right it is hard to compare the missions from 8 years ago, nearly impossible we have come along way since then.
                            sigpic

Comment

yeah it is your right

Comment

As a newbie I may have missed something here, but how did Skaara come to be Apothis's son? Didn't he go off with another couple (ie not Apothis and Sha're) at the end of Children of the Gods?

I loved this episode though.
                                sigpic
                                Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

Working...
                                X