No announcement yet.

Solitudes (117)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I ever make a list of most favourite stargate episodes, solitudes will be way up a the top. Solitudes holds a special place in my heart, as it is the very first stargate episode I ever watched, even though I missed the start. Ill never forget the night my dad came telling me to come watch some weirdo show called stargate (well thats what I thought at the time, and boy do I regret it ). I went into the loungeroom and, even with the really crap reception, through all the static and reception I saw two of my to-be most favourite acters and characters in my life, lying in the snow and darkness, willing themselves to stay alive. Colonel Jack O'Neill and Captain Samantha Carter.
    Sheppard: And a nice Delorean...
    McKay: Oh please, dont even get me started on that movie.
    Sheppard: I like that movie!

Comment

This was the start of the whole Jack Sam thing so its pretty important episode!

Comment

^^^^^It's my sidearm I swear!!! yeah, starts the whole sam/jack thing

Comment

Yeah, it was like the birth of the whole Sam/Jack thing.
          Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
          LOVE HIM-> DT
          ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

This ep wasnt only the start of the sam jack thing but also gave us more stargate/telephone analagies

Daniel(to Teal'c): What do you get when you ring your own number?
            (Teal'c does the eyebrow thing looks puzzled.)
            Daniel: Wrong person (turns to hammond)
            Daniel: What do you get whne you ring your own number
            Hammond (looking proud): you get a busy signal !!!

This episode also set the scene for eps such as frozen and the lost city (the outpost being in antarctica).
            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

When Jack and Sam were digging out the DHD, what did Carter find when I think she said, 'Serpent guard, guess he didn't make it.' Did they find one of Apophis' frozen Jaffa? There was only the one mention and then they continued digging.
              "Do you people practice being vague?"

Comment

Yes, that's what it seemed to be to me.

Comment

What's this Sam/Jack thing that everyone is speaking about?
                  In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                    What's this Sam/Jack thing that everyone is speaking about?
                    I don't see it.

Comment

many are convinced that jack and sam got heated up in more ways than one.. that's about it

Comment

really?

I've never noticed. but then... Ah, I am not talking about this ep any more.
                        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

stuck on a glacier with MacGyver. amamnda tapping during a behind the scene show

good espiode and now we have 2 stargate and a dhd which sadly stopped working after the area 51 boys were playing with it
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Jack is to proud to tell her that he is hurt showing his true colors.
                            sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Capt.Mal Reynolds]stuck on a glacier with MacGyver. amamnda tapping during a behind the scene show

I so enjoyed watching the behind scene show almost more than the episode itself. Solitudes to me is one of my favorite eps.
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

While I completely love stand-alone episodes because it is just the team solving the problem, I also love the episodes that add something significant to our knowledge about the Stargate universe. "The Torment of Tantalus" which shows the four great races and the "meaning of life stuff." "The Fifth Race," where we see the potential of where humanity on Earth can go. "Solitudes" is another, because it shows the second gate and gives us more information on the Goa'uld and their history on Earth. This is an important step in the building of the mythology of the gates, the Goa'uld, and eventually the Ancients.
                                But it also gives us wonderful character development. In the SGC, Daniel and Teal'c, and even to some extent Hammond, really care about the missing team members and do all they can to get them back. They don't just sit around and hope Jack and Sam are found. And Sam and Jack's relationship develops too (and I am not talking shippy here, just teammates). Jack knows he can rely on Sam, not only her intelligence and science knowledge, but also her military skills. Sam really cares about what happens to Jack as well. Sam doesn't want to leave Jack to go up to the surface, but she does only on his order. "Sam, I'm dying. Follow my order, please."
                                I really love the lines between them. "It was an honor serving with you." I love that she doesn't just say, oh me too, but just "Yes sir." And later, when Sam thinks it is helpless, she just whispers, "It was an honor serving with you too, Colonel."
                                The emotion throughout this episode is great and realistic. I love this episode more each time I watch it.
                                I GoodSearch for the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research
                                Raise money for your favorite charity - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!

Comment

Working...
                                X