Solitudes (117)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    It didn't show much, if you ask me. I think Jack would agree.
    Just checked the transcripts, she mentioned it in Nemesis, so maybe it was Jack's suggestion after their little adventure in Antarctica!

CARTER
    We brought medical supplies, and I have medical field training.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Due for a refreshment course perhaps....
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Stargate messes a lot of medical stuff up. But so do a majority of TV shows
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Seems to me that she had absolutely no reason to think about the possibility of being still on earth. This situation never appeared before, so that she couldn't have thought about going on other planet. Don't forget that she was the genius in the matter of stargate and she kinda knew that it can't be a problem with earth's gate. If the issues encountered had lead her to the point of thinking there might be a problem with the gate on earth, she would have known and she would have acted in consequence (meaning that she would have tried other locations). Well, even if those had happened, there is a chance that she wouldn't have been able to get them both to other planet, because it was unlikely for her to know a suitable location (due to their little experience with the stargate), and due to the fact that it wasn't her job to memorise gate adresses.
          Anyway, that's only my opinion.
          sigpic

Comment

Plus she wouldn't have known what POO to use.

Comment

Actually Garhkal, you don't have to know where you are to use the appropriate POO--it's the only unique symbol on the DHD. She points it out to Jack when he asks whether she's identified the POO yet.

However, I've never had a problem with her failure to try to dial somewhere else because i) she had no reason to think they were on Earth and 2) she was suffering from (at a minimum) hypothermia. I think it's Monday morning quarterbacking to say she should've thought to try another address.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Season 1, disk 4. One of my favorite episodes. There probably isn’t much to say that I haven’t already said, but I’m okay with repeating myself.

First, I’ll say again that there is absolutely nothing even approaching romance in this episode. Jack, as written and played, is clearly still in love with Sara. Carter is much more concerned about getting out of there than getting it on.

Second, things I don’t have a problem with (although I can’t say I don’t notice some of them): the lack of hat on Carter, the failure to dial anywhere but Earth (see previous post), the assumption that the entire planet looks like the area around the Stargate.

Third, things that make me wonder: How did the personnel of McMurdo react to being asked (by a Sergeant, no less) to search for two missing Air Force officers in the middle of Nowhere, Antarctica? What did he tell them, anyway? Given the size of the hole in the snow, however did Rescue Team Charlie figure out where to look? (Sam’s pack was gray and would’ve looked like a rock from the air. The hole wouldn’t look any different from any other crack in the glacier) When did the security team leave Cheyenne Mountain, if they were going to reach the location within an hour of the rescue? Why did the rescue team let so many extra people (Daniel, Teal’c and Hammond) go with on the rescue when all they were going to do is get in the way?

The first few times I watched this, my favorite scenes were the early ones in the glacier (the pan from the Stargate pre-credits, setting Jack’s leg, Sam’s report of her search for Teal’c and Daniel), but the more I watch it, the more I like the later scenes in the SGC (Daniel’s determination, Teal’c stoicism that doesn’t hide his concern, poor Major Castleman, who never gets to say anything). I love the way they find them.

I have a few problems with the dialog of Hammond’s conversation with Teal’c in the infirmary. I’m not claiming I could’ve done it better, but it’s always bothered me that Hammond doesn’t tell Teal’c that the Stargate is out of commission until after he tells him he won’t send anyone through if there’s an army waiting on the other side (sorry about the pronoun pile, there).

Seaboe
                Last edited by Seaboe Muffinchucker; 07 February 2014, 07:28 AM.
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

my one question is what happened to the beta gates DHD? The Russians recovered the giza one from the germans and it blew up in 48 hours trying to save Teal'c. So where did the Beta one go?

Comment

Originally posted by adamwoit View Post
                    my one question is what happened to the beta gates DHD? The Russians recovered the giza one from the germans and it blew up in 48 hours trying to save Teal'c. So where did the Beta one go?
                    It must have been brought back with the beta gate, because the NID characters in "Touchstone" had one when they were dialing the gate at the time SG1 arrived and caught them.

Comment

In Frozen, (the show's been off the air for ages so I see no need for a spoiler warning) Sam notes that the one from Antarctica ran out of power; that was their first indication that DHDs could do that.

Seaboe

Comment

My favorite episode of season 1. It creates a great atmosphere in Antarctic. I watch it in really hot summer day just to get colder.

Comment

After my rant post in the last episode, I wanted to rant again but this time for how much I loved this episode. But I will not. I will simply say, "Loved it!" 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Comment

I just watched this randomly and I was thinking why didn't Sam try another gate. I would have thought it could be the earth gate that isn't working after trying to dial home a few times. Of course ironically her not giving up dialing home did get them rescued. And since it's season one they didn't have many allies or an alpha site yet.
                            sigpic

Comment

Maybe cause of the trauma, she couldn't remember any other gates to dial.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                Maybe cause of the trauma, she couldn't remember any other gates to dial.
                                "Dammit. The only other address I remember is Chulak!"

Comment

Working...
                                X