Clear All

not a bug really more like a nasty snake
    sigpic

Comment

true i wouldn't like one in me tho
      sigpic

Comment

Yuck...

Though for Sam it had to be interesting being stuck with her CO and having to sleep next to him for warmth.. talk about torture.... Ooh even if she had one smidgen of feelings in the beginning that would have been hard for her.
        sigpic

Comment

i agree
          sigpic

Comment

Course it would have been the smallest piece of heaven as well. She could hold, sleep next to her CO, the man she was slowly growing to love and not have anyone see it, not get in trouble for it.
            sigpic

Comment

i agree it still would have been hard knowing she may have to let him go in the end
              sigpic

Comment

That would have killed me.
                sigpic

Comment

yes it would have killed me to
                  sigpic

Comment

This episode was great! I am sure the shippers loved it but it had 2 fantastic lines..

Jack: It's my sidearm I swear
                    ------------------------------
                    JACKSON: [To Teal'c] What happens when you dial your own phone number? Wrong person to ask. [To Hammond] What happens when you dial your own phone number?

HAMMOND: You get a busy signal.
                    sigpic

Comment

After reading every post in this thread. I'm still not convinced as to the reasons why the Antarctic wasn't the dominant gate to begin with as it was connected to a DHD. That being said however it is very difficult to find any episode which doesn't contradict something which was established in a previous episode, or will be established in future episodes.

But this is my favourite episode of season 1 and it is among my favourite episodes in the entire series.
                      I found it to be a very touching episode and helped to reinforce the bonds that the team have developed with each other.

Comment

Excellent episode - I just rewatched it.

While I'll admit that Carter failing to dial another gate is a plot hole, I'll chalk it up to her mental state. Amanda Tapping really carried the episode.

Comment

Having recently read the autobiography of a doctor at the South Pole - one thing that strikes me, thinking about this ep is that Carter could quite easily have been suffereing from the lack of oxygen to the brain that you get at high altitude. Don't forget - the antarctic is a mountain range too.
                          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                            Jack: It's my sidearm I swear
                            ------------------------------
                            JACKSON: [To Teal'c] What happens when you dial your own phone number? Wrong person to ask. [To Hammond] What happens when you dial your own phone number?

HAMMOND: You get a busy signal.
                            Both of those lines are great indeed.

Comment

and... having just watched the last of Prof Brian Cox's Solar System programmes, why assume that it's an ice planet and not just like ours and you'd arrived at a frozen pole?
                              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Wouldn't make much odds to be honest - Antarctica is pretty damn big last I checked.
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X