No announcement yet.

Solitudes (117)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this was a good episode i liked the other gate story. u also got to see more of sam and jacks relationship
    sigpic

Comment

i love the out take for this episode brilliant episode all around

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
        I'm not sure when the Alpha Site was first established. It existed by the time of "The Serpent's Lair" but it's up for debate when it was created.
        I'm pretty sure the Alpha site did not exist at this point. Anyways, just got done rewatching this one and it was fantastic. Holds up very well.

Sam pretending to be Sarah for Jack was a very touching moment.
        sigpic
        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I love this episode, I can rewatch and rewatch it over and over again! Love Jack's optimism and his encouragement to Sam under such an adverse condition. Many many good one-liners. Of course, the MacGyver joke was a bonus.
          sigpic
          Sign by me

Comment

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
            I love this episode, I can rewatch and rewatch it over and over again! Love Jack's optimism and his encouragement to Sam under such an adverse condition. Many many good one-liners. Of course, the MacGyver joke was a bonus.
            yea i miss the old days
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Great great episode, one of my favorites, well written, great acting. Imagine the surprise of both of them when they wake up and find out they were on earth the whole time.

I wish I could have seen them react to the fact that they were on earth, though it probably would have made the ending not as dramatic, and I liked it ending with the rescue.

Amazing what they could do even in their first season without seasons and seasons of character development. It fits with the later episodes too - it could have aired in the later seasons and still fit (not technology wise, but in character development and depth).

Comment

Stargate SG-1 - HULU: Stargate SG1 Season 1 Now On HULU:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....65&postcount=1

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

i agree i like the rescue to i also like the fact the found another gate one that came in handy in future episodes
                  sigpic

Comment

one of the best episodes of the season. the finding of the second gate was great for the series.
                    Some say that he has only one ear.
                    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                    All we know is he's called
                    sigpic

Comment

Please don't destroy me as this is my first post. Most forums, especially ones on a specific and frequent television show, tend to be hostile to noobies.

Funny thing about SOP's: I have had to spoon with another airman for warmth before on a patrol (a dude, no delicious blond officers for me). We cross-train with PJ's a lot and they teach us to spoon with maximum body to body contact. Sam's sort of snuggling next to him would have added almost no warmth. I know he was injured but she should have been wrapped around him like she wanted to be in the Broca Divide. That would have probably been a bit suggestive for TV, you forget these things when your around dudes all the time.

The side arm joke could have been even funnier. Later when she is fretting over his hemorrhaging he should have been like: "I'm fine, I lied about the sidearm thing." There is an official, ok unofficial but what we call "field official", test for hemorrhaging as it is impossible if you are losing a significant amount of blood. Nobody but us AFSF would have gotten it though.
                      sigpic
                      In Islamofascist Afghanistan, pain experiences you!
                      "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by bcfc View Post
                        Is the Antartic Gate the one their still using now being as the first one was destroyed.
                        Originally posted by Lida View Post
                        Um, I think so, biut here have been so mny changes, and my brain injury leaves gaps in my memory. Sorry.....
                        Nope. The Antarctic Gate was the gate that was destroyed. To this day, the Giza gate resides in the SGC Gate Room.

Here's a list of both gates' locations over the course of the series.
                        Spoiler:

GIZA GATE
                        1. Egypt ("Stargate")
                        2. USS Achilles ("Continuum")
                        3. New York, or wherever Ernest went through ("The Torment of Tantalus")
                        4. Washington D.C. ("1969")
                        5. SGC ("Stargate" through "Nemesis")
                        6. Thor's Ship ("Nemesis")
                        7. The bottom of the Pacific Ocean
                        8. Siberia ("Watergate")
                        9. Back at SGC ("Redemption" through Present)

ANTARCTIC GATE
                        1. Antarctica ("Solitudes")
                        2. Area 51 ("Touchstone")
                        3. Idaho, or wherever that NID warehouse was ("Touchstone")
                        4. Back in storage ("Touchstone")
                        5. SGC ("Small Victories" through "Redemption")
                        6. Space, exploded ("Redemption")
                        sigpic
                        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PdY3L-JYzkHas anyone seen the 'blooper' for this episode.....I couldn't stop laughing.

It's brilliant
                          Last edited by Mis.Understood; 18 June 2009, 01:20 AM. Reason: No link
                          sigpic
                          I Believe
                          My FanFiction

Comment

Really great episode! I felt cold just watching it. I also liked how Carter was so sure they were on some kind of ice planet. It was so sad when Jack was getting really bad there and called out his ex wifes name. In this season he still really misses her alot.

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
                            Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Mis.Understood View Post
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PdY3L-JYzkHas anyone seen the 'blooper' for this episode.....I couldn't stop laughing.

It's brilliant
                              Yeah, its hysterical. I wish they would release a special dvd of bloopers.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                                Yeah, its hysterical. I wish they would release a special dvd of bloopers.
                                I agree...this blooper was so funny when I first saw it .
                                Sig by Pandora's Box
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X