No announcement yet.

Enigma (116)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won't deny their are scenarios to make the Tollans more advanced then us despite orginating on Earth. Just that it was mostly Europe who went through the dark ages. Other areas of the world advanced in a normal path
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I won't deny their are scenarios to make the Tollans more advanced then us despite orginating on Earth. Just that it was mostly Europe who went through the dark ages. Other areas of the world advanced in a normal path
      Yes, but during that period what was happening in North/South Americas? Every continent and region had their own 'dark ages' at some point or the other. heck I even would call current period a dark age
      sigpic

Comment

I won't argue the personal opinions of what you consider the dark ages but Daniel was referenceing the period historians call the Dark Ages which happened mostly in Europe
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

And again, what was happening in other continents during Europes dark ages? As far as I remember from History classes, Europe was a center of culture and other stuff, was it not?
          It is not like today, if some african countries have currency bills in billions but it does not affect other countries much.
          Back in middle ages it was more centralised. North/South America's weren't even discovered yet, Asia was a land of far away. Most of the stuff what was happening happened and started from Europe.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1 View Post

However, Narim took his crush a shade too far for Sam's comfort. When he gave her the doohickey that recorded his feelings, she quickly went from smiling to awkward. On speculation, she learned that his feelings for her went to a level she hadn't considered yet. Did he fully control himself when around her, or did he relay the full gamut of his crush? He should have just skipped to the 'Tollana custom' part, the kiss. Sam seemed ok with that!
            Knowing he had that kind of technology with him and learning in Between Two Fires (5x09) about

Spoiler:
            Narim having Sam's voice in his house for his voice system

kind of makes you wonder what other technologies the Tollan had on them and what use they could serve...
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I wonder what ever happened to that device Narrim left for sam?

Comment

I love this episode, it's one of my favorites from the first season. I loved the Tollan and there introduction here. Narim was cool, I liked him, even if I found his infatuation with Sam just a tad on the creepy side(but still kinda sweet in a way). I liked Omac, even though he was extremely rude, he wasn't being mean just to be a jerk, he had reasons. I really liked his scenes with Daniel towards the end. I loved Maybourne as the antagonist in this ep. I loved Hammond, he was great; and I also loved Lya at the end.
                sigpic

Comment

Is it weird that I find Lya very hot?
                  Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
                    She is very charismatic
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
                      The actress is pretty fit so...fine.
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

YAY for the Nox again!! It was great to see Lya again. This was a great episode that brought back a races previously met AND we got to meet a new one. I always felt the Tollan to be extremely arrogant. Yes they are way smarter than we are, but they dont have to call us primitive and look down their noses at us. I did find Narim a welcome individual who showed interest in Earth and its people, especially Sam. The only negative to Narim would be his almost obsessive infatuation with Sam. We also got the see Mayborne and the mention of the NID for the first time. Who knew that both would become such a pain in SGCs collective behinds? One favorite moment from the show was Jack's "Promoted? Talk about failing upwards". I think it shows his contempt with the higher ups.

Comment

Okay episode, damn those Pentagon people -.0

Comment

Question, but why did Tollana have an old style Ancients gate rather than one of their own style? You later find out in the series they pretty much consider gate technology nothing special and they built their own gate for their new homeworld.

So why did they use an outdated one on the original planet???

Comment

I wouldn't call Narim creepy, but he's very smooth, as in colt .45 Billy Dee Williams smooth. Definitely a ladies man.

Comment

I'm sure she submitted it for examination at Area 51 like a good little USAF girl, but Daniel Jackson quipped that they had already examined them and couldn't figure out what they were or even how they worked. Technology so advanced it bordered on useless.

Comment

Working...
                                X