Singularity (114)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An okay ep I suppose.

My favourite part was seeing the Ha'tak haha.
    sigpic

Comment

despite this being a fairly Sam-centric episode, it did have a few other great moments - like Teal'c trying to look "friendly" when he was trying to get Cassie to come out from hiding. I also loved seeing Janet going off world. And of course the great 'team' moments towards the end - first when Jack, Daniel & Teal'c wouldn't leave after Sam decided to stay underground with Cassie, and then the ending with Cassie in the park .

Now to the main theme of the episode:
      Sam going from "Holy Hannah, it's a child; I'm not good with children, let somebody else take her" to "I'm going to stay with this child until the end, even if it may cost me my life."

Probably the greatest scene to show Sam's conflict in this episode is where Daniel comes into Cassie's room, Sam & Daniel watch her sleep, and we hear Sam voice her conflict of being in the military and how she's not supposed to be emotional about this whole situation.

and can't forget about the 'eating the hot dog' scene. That would probably be me eating just the plain wiener as well.

I loved the ending at the park, however, I wished they would have had Janet there as well, instead of just mentioning that Janet was going to be taking care of Cassie. It would have been great to see Janet, Sam & Cassie walking off together to go to the swings. Then we could have also seen Janet's reaction to Jack getting Cassie a dog without her permission.
      sigpic

Comment

Some of my friends felt that 'sams conflict of whether to stay in or get out and mother cassie' was proof of why women should not be in.. Though i felt it a little too misogynistic, it did have a little merit.

Comment

One of my favorite episodes! Luv it!! Great writing, acting and directing. Katie Stuart does a great job as Cassandra...the kid can act. AT as Sam is great. Liked the idea of wanting to observe the blackhole and the setup of the telescope on the planet. Gou'ald will do anything...evil and clever...never seem to surprise at what lengths they will go to.

I dont believe that Sam's attachment to Cassie was over the top n is not why women should not be in the military (if that was what garhkal was hinting at). Cassie opened up to Sam and felt safe with her. It would have been cold of Sam to just shrug her off just b/c of her military status. Not all men could have done that military or not. Sam's brain was going and she had a theory of what was happening to Cass and decided to be there for her.

Funny moments:
          in beginning at gate...Sam: "you dont think Col has telescope just for looking at the neighbors" Jack: "not at first"

at end in the park... Jack: "Teal'c, know anything about dogs? Teal'c: "nothing"--just the way he says it and his expression.

Comment

This was a great Sam ep really saw Sam the person
            sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

My LiveJournal post

I'm not much of a kid person and I can never decide how much I like this episode. But I do like it. Especially the cute dog at the end, which, if anyone is interested, is a Shiba inu
              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

A really sweet episode. I love how Teal'c is trying to convince Cassie to come out of hiding.
                Good thing that Cassandra isn't one of those aliens who stay on earth but are never heard of again.

Comment

I like this episode. Up until this point we've seen Sam trying to act like she's as tough as any guy. Here she at first seems scared and reluctant to care for and care about Cassie. But then she really does show the soft, caring woman she is beneath the military bravado she's had to cultivate.

AT does such a great job conveying the pain of leaving this little girl she's come to love behind to die and then realizing she just can't do it. For me, far more than any tough talk or fight to the death, that demonstrates just how strong she really is.

Comment

Originally posted by lookupwardsnshare View Post
                    Funny moments:
                    at end in the park... Jack: "Teal'c, know anything about dogs? Teal'c: "nothing"--just the way he says it and his expression.
                    I loved this moment also. teal'c has some good moments in this episode, including him trying to get cassie out of the grass. Good stuff.

I like this episode. I think they do spend a little too long focussing on Sam and Cassie, but i understand why.

The chase on the planet with jack and Teal'c is very well done and it is great to see our first Goauld ship since the film/CotG.

The medical elements were well done and Janet is developing into a consistent character now. I enjoyed the medical drama/ ticking bomb/ astrological/ interplanetary structure of this episode. Definitely one of the best from season 1.

Off-Topic: Anyone know what breed of dog that is at the end?

"The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” - Henry David Thoreau

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nindif View Post

Off-Topic: Anyone know what breed of dog that is at the end?
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiba_inu

Credit for this link is not mine. Someone in other thread posted it. Sorry that 'someone' I have some major problems with my memory, I hope you don't mind.
                      sigpic

Comment

A pretty good episode, I really liked seeing the ha'tak. And the moment near the end in the elevator with Sam & Cassandra was emotional.
                        sigpic
                        Jack: Uhh, Daniel - for cryin' out loud!!, I said I would watch the Stanley Cup playoffs with you!
                        Is all this necessary??!?

Comment

Originally posted by muziqaz View Post
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiba_inu

Credit for this link is not mine. Someone in other thread posted it. Sorry that 'someone' I have some major problems with my memory, I hope you don't mind.
                          Hi!
                          I wouldn't mind, but it was only 3 posts above Nindif's!
                          Just kidding, don't worry about it.
                          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
                            Hi!
                            I wouldn't mind, but it was only 3 posts above Nindif's!
                            Just kidding, don't worry about it.
                            That is why I couldn't find it i remember it being posted somewhere, and looked in quite a few threads but did not check this one
                            sigpic

Comment

Jack offers to take Cassandra down but Sam refuses.

I wonder how the scene would have played out if it had been Jack with Cassandra instead of Sam.
                              Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Whilst this was a good discover more about Sam episode I always remember it for showing what lengths the Goa'uld go to destroy those that defy them. The use of a child as a bomb, one of the more despicable things in their catalogue of despicable things! It hits emotionally on so many levels.

I'm not really a dog lover, but that dog was a nice looking dog!

Comment

Working...
                                X