Singularity (114)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh dear I don't like this ep.

I really would rather that Sam hadn't been relegated to the baby sitting role there, it would have been better to have been someone not from SG-1.

Apart from that, it was ok ish but not one for me to rewatch.
    And why the heck didn't Jack let the puppy walk?

Comment

Um, there are two aliens in their group who probably aren't that familiar with dogs/puppies, so they (okay, Cassie is more likely than Teal'c) could get frightened/scared if an overenthusiastic puppy runs up to them...
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

seriously?
        rofl

Comment

oh and isn't this our first introduction to the devine Col Maybourne?

Comment

OK so if they go according to schedule tonight's ep on Pick TV is Singularity. Now I can see that MC didn't really like this one (hope you're feeling better!) but I've only re-watched this once since it first aired so I don't remember a thing about it apart from the elevator scene and the ending with the puppy. Will be interesting to watch again - like watching it for the first time again! Anyone else watching tonight?
            sigpic

Comment

oh dear clearly Singularity is not an episode that pushes any of my buttons. I fell asleep about five minutes in and woke up just as they thought the bomb was going to go off. Clearly not an elevator though - where was Sam? Does anyone really like this one?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
                Does anyone really like this one?
                Yes.

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Does anyone really like this one?
                  I like this one quite a bit actually, but then I'm a fan of Sam and Cassandra and enjoy their interactions, so as this is where it all began it has a special place in my heart Have just recently re-watched it and am in the process of reviewing it on LiveJournal
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

I don't mind it....good acting from AT....very nice Early Daniel & Sam friendship and support which is lovely...the soppy music got on my nerves a bit....nice big telescope...

Oh and that dog at the end was simply gorgeous.....started me off on a long love affair with Shiba Inu's and/or Shiba Crosses... <3

Deeds xx
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

oh dear clearly Singularity is not an episode that pushes any of my buttons. I fell asleep about five minutes in and woke up just as they thought the bomb was going to go off. Clearly not an elevator though - where was Sam? Does anyone really like this one?
                      Yes.

Comment

well I'll just have to try again! I have always really liked the Daniel and Sam friendship too, and there was some good stuff in this episode. It just didn't hang together for me - I think I wanted to like it more than anything. Like Deeds I really liked the dog scene at the end, but mostly because we had all the guys out there together, somewhere other than the Stargate base or off world (or 'Toronto'). Actually on Earth!

So for those that enjoyed this one, what was it that you enjoyed?
                        sigpic

Comment

What did I like? The small moments and beats,as ever really.

Team goodness all the way through the episode.

Introduction of Nirrti as a recurring menace and meddler.Humans had Linnea ,The Asgard had Loki.The Goa'uld had Nirrti as their "mad scientist."
                          Nirrti didn't appear onscreen but since the first time I ever saw this ep,I felt that plot contrivance added to her threat to Cassie/Earth.

( Sometimes "telling,not showing" works to heighten interest and drama.)

Sam/Janet friendship.Sam/Cassie bonding.

Beginning of the Sam-Janet-Cassandra family/friendship arc ( such as it was.Continued in eps ITLOD,Urgo,Rites of Passage...)

Jack/Teal'c dry humour while they were waiting on the planet.Got to love the "explanation" Jack gave when T wanted to know exactly what a Black hole is in astronomical terms.

Sam being vulnerable : Daniel offering to help her through.
                          I love the line (paraphrasing) where he tells her she doesn't have to be detached all the time .Civilian or military imo, they both have the right to care about a lonely kiddie and to have compassion for others.

Sam railing against leaving Cassie ,getting upset,ignoring Jack's order and then going back to face things together.

Loved the doggie and the whole scene in the Park.
                          I agree with Jack up to a point .Every kid should have a dog (or a pet of some kind) at some time where their family are pro-pet,and their housing situation allows animals.

( This of course excludes kids who have allergies,asthma,or don't want a pet.)

I'll think of more moments sometime,but I missed the ep on Pick TV ,and I'm going by what I noticed when I did a fast flip through the dvd scenes a few minutes ago.
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

You're right in that all the right ingredients are there. Everything I really love about the show, which is mostly the camaraderie between the team. So why doesn't it grab my attention right from the start in the same way Hathor does (and that ep has far too little to recommend it by comparison!).
                            sigpic

Comment

As requested by GateGipsy, here's my review/ramblings on this episode: Singularity
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

So for those that enjoyed this one, what was it that you enjoyed?
                                Here's the thing: my analysis of why I like it isn't going to help you like it. I'm not you, and you're not me. I will say that one of the things I like about it is Jack as a competent leader and not a buffoon (as he sometimes was in the later years). Humor has not yet taken precedence over competency.

Seaboe
                                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                                X