No announcement yet.

Singularity (114)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the scene where Jack is explaining black holes to Teal'c.
    Also, the decontamination structure built around the gate suddenly disappears when the gate activates when Teal'c and Jack are coming back to earth.

Comment

That dog's name was......oh escapes me, but it was a make a wish dog. The owner, Tara, was sick, and her wish was to have her dog on TV. So he was.

Stargate did a lot with Make a Wish back then. Lots of kids visited the set, and many of the proceeds of the early gatecons went to Make a Wish. JR Bourne's niece (he played martouf) has cystic fibrosis, so sick kids was near and dear to the hearts of the cast and crew.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Boomer.
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

ah boomer. that's it, thanks

He came to many of hte early gatecons, as did tara.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Another Sunday afternoon, another ep of SG1 and another ep I haven't seen for a while.

1. Nice to be reminded of Jack's astronomical knowledge, could also have done a better job in explaining the black hole.

2. Cassandra's clinginess was a bit freaky to start with and it was a bit wierd to see Sam go seemingly gooey, I mean it was the sort of thing you'd more likely see from Daniel. Still, looking back it was sort of sweet.

3. Bomb, in kid. Holy cack!

4. That was one hell of a gamble Sam took, initially I'd assumed that she just didn't want the kid to die alone and that the team would have to go down and get her before Cassie went boom.
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

My wife put it best when she saw this episode for the first time a few years ago -

"The Goa'uld suck!"

Comment

A good episode, fairly strong performances all round and each of the main characters does get some good material to work with (well, I guess Daniel is a little left out). AT does very well especially towards the end of the episode, and Chris Judge again appears a little more comfortable in his role. A few of his lines feel closer to the Teal'c we'd all know later (notably, "...nothing.")

The girl who played Cassandra was very good, and I'm glad when we see her later they used the same actress (mostly, her last appearance was someone else). Her character seemed strangely Americanised compared to most aliens we encounter. 'Cassandra' is obviously an Earth name and she used the word "mom". Some of the moments with her and Sam are a little cringeworthy, but sweet at the same time.

It's nice the way Janet adopts her, but we are not really shown any kind of bond developing between them so that comes a bit out of the blue.

The amount of apperances Doc Frasier has now appeared in should put Teryl Rothery in the main credits! It feels like she's been in a consistant run of quite a few now. Odd to suddenly see Dr. Warner again, I figured that after his first appearance they maybe couldn't get the actor back and so recast with Teryl, but here he is again. His appearance in 'The Enemy Within' gave the impression he was in charge of the medical staff there, but I'm fairly sure Janet is. A little confusing. They also introduced Dr. Mackenzie in 'Fire and Water', so we're getting a mix building up. I guess it's more realistic.

It was good to have a reference back to Jack's astronomy knowledge, and I really like Daniel's "oh God" reaction when Sam said that Cassie had woken up, plus the way Daniel gave Teal'c a little punch in triumph after everything was okay! There's a moment wheere I expect Teal'c to belt Daniel one across the chin!

- First mention of "naquahdah" which until now had always been called 'the Stargate material'. I wonder who came up with that name and why?

- Nirrti mentioned, and Teal'c refers to her as "he". Obviously it's because the writers just hadn't established the character yet, but could easily be explained as the previous host being a male.

- Great action sequence as Jack and Teal'c run for the gate, nice to see the gliders and mothership, and they looked pretty good for the time and budget.

- Whatever Jack uses to wash his hands after touching the dead body looks nasty!

Rating: 6.5 out of 10
                Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

I suspect Janet adopted her because well...someone with the right security clearance had to and as Cassandra said in the ep, it couldn't be Sam because she'd be offworld too much to really raise her.
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
                    Odd to suddenly see Dr. Warner again, I figured that after his first appearance they maybe couldn't get the actor back and so recast with Teryl, but here he is again. His appearance in 'The Enemy Within' gave the impression he was in charge of the medical staff there, but I'm fairly sure Janet is. A little confusing. They also introduced Dr. Mackenzie in 'Fire and Water', so we're getting a mix building up. I guess it's more realistic.
                    Actually, it makes a lot of sense. Janet Fraiser was probably assigned to the base because of her area of expertise (exotic diseases) once the program was finalized, which is around the time of The Enemy Within. Doctor Warner, however, is a surgeon who would be in charge of the OR when he's performing surgery. Doctor MacKenzie is a psychiatrist, who was actually introduced in The Children of the Gods as he was the one performing the autopsy (which he can do because of his basic training before specializing in psychiatry). It's possible MacKenzie and/or Warner was already assigned to the base before the program got started as I assume every base would need medical personnel...
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

My impression is that the hierarchy of the medical staff at the SGC is Fraiser as Chief Medical Officer, with Warner and MacKenzie both on staff, and practicing their specialties. After all, you can't really run the entire infirmary and medical department of a base that size and that complicated (especially given what they'll run into, and the need for strict secrecy) with just one or two MDs. Not to mention that Janet still also had that portion of her practice that was connected with the Academy hospital (remember her office from "In The Line of Duty"?) and for all we know, she may rotate to Peterson AFB regularly as well.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                      sigpic
                      now also appearing on DeviantArt
                      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

An average episode. We hinted on a new Goa'uld, who we'll first see in Early Season 3.

There is not much to say about this episode. See you tomorrow, when we'll meet the Tollan.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vagabond Serpent View Post
                          But there're some funny moments too. I loved the very beginning when Daniel was startled when Jack said about the accretion disk and the following dialogue about telescope. When Jack was trying to explain to Teal'C what's a black hole, it was funny to watch too. Teal'C's friendly face... Well, that was gem.
                          Absolutely love that scene! Every time I watch this episode I rewind it just to watch it again
                          It's my sidearm, I swear!

Comment

Originally posted by muziqaz View Post
                            I think this is the last episode where Sam talks with that weird sounding voice.
                            Sorry, newy here so I don't know how to double quote in a post.....

I can't say I really noticed Sam talking with a weird voice?!
                            It's my sidearm, I swear!

Comment

Sam talking in a weird voice? I don't remember that, and I've seen this episode many times. This show is good, but sad. I felt so sorry for the little girl. However, I was glad that she was rescued.
                              "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
                              "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

LOVED this episode. Fantastic Sam episode. It's odd that, at the end, they did that whole implying that she knew that the bomb wasn't going to go off....or did she sort of thing which I found annoying because, as we all know, she was completely willing to sacrifice herself rather than leave Cassandra's side.

Out of the adventure, all the heroism we've seen in Season 1 thus far Sam going back down that elevator is by far the most significant act. With Jack on the intercom ordering her, and then pleading with her, to come back up she instead holds Cassandra as the seconds tick down. I had forgotten this but it was this episode that totally sold Sam for me. Sure, she's a super-high speed, low drag Astro Physics super-star like I'm in school for but it was this episode that did it.

Also, we all know that Apophis is SG1's big foe early on and he's done some despicable stuff....but Nirrti showed us just how villainous the Goa'uld could truly be. What she did to Cassandra makes the rest of them seem like pikers really.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X