No announcement yet.

Hathor (113)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the above post... although I won't get into detail in regards to myself.

Mattathias

Comment

She's wicked!!! Best part for me was when the girls of the SGC seduce the guys to get out and when Sam hit Hammond over the head...love that bit!! The graphics weren't that crash hot but it was still early days then. Shame the sarcophagus got blown up - how come they never got another one?
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I LOVED this episode! Hathor is my second favourite Goa'uld. The best part was when Hathor reveals to Daniel how the Goa'uld are created.
        The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

Ok I just (now well yesterdau) saw this one and have to say I really loved it... Carter is just so nice in it and also Frasier is so funny... especially in the holding cell... I just can't stop laughing with the scene when Frasier says something about he ex-husband
          the only thing I really find strange is that when Daniel is sitting on the bed, Carter walks to him to ask how he is and Frasier (who is a doc) don't do a thing

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
            the only thing I really find strange is that when Daniel is sitting on the bed, Carter walks to him to ask how he is and Frasier (who is a doc) don't do a thing
            I also found that odd - even more when no mention was made of Daniel needing counseling to recover from being raped. The whole issue was swept under the rug pretty quickly. Not enough to spoil my enjoyment of the show, but it did confound me - and still does.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

Comment

Originally posted by luthienberen
              I also found that odd - even more when no mention was made of Daniel needing counseling to recover from being raped. The whole issue was swept under the rug pretty quickly. Not enough to spoil my enjoyment of the show, but it did confound me - and still does.

[sarcasm]Counseling for what? Daniel got it on with a hot woman! Men are never traumatized by sex with a beautiful woman. Unless there's something wrong with the man.[/sarcasm]

I like this episode for the women save the SGC plot, and thought it was a good episode for both Sam and Janet. But, they really should have dropped the whole rape issue if they couldn't take it seriously.
              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                [sarcasm]Counseling for what? Daniel got it on with a hot woman! Men are never traumatized by sex with a beautiful woman. Unless there's something wrong with the man.[/sarcasm]

I like this episode for the women save the SGC plot, and thought it was a good episode for both Sam and Janet. But, they really should have dropped the whole rape issue if they couldn't take it seriously.
                Oh, yes, silly me to think that rape for the victim (male or female) is not serious if you are male. After all, hot women! How could I possibly have not known that?!?

I still love the episode but agree with you - if they cannot deal with rape seriously then don't write it.

The man who led the way.

Comment

Originally posted by artemis_chosen
                  I liked this ep. Being a Janet fan this was a good ep for her. I just love the lines "Are you outta your mind honey-buns? There is a reason they call it this man's army. The way Teryl delivers them has me laughing everytime I hear them.
                  Janet is definitely the best thing about this episode, as is Carter looking askance at having to use her feminine wiles. Loved Carter's attitude during the whole thing and her reactions to Teal'c and his non-reaction to Hathor.

I was very shocked, though, at how sexual this episode is. I've jumped in during season 9 and read all the Vala push-back about her sexual commentary and the like so I figured that sex didn't happen onscreen on SG1. This is episode, what? 13? 10? And there was a helluva a lot of sex and skin being seen. And it's icky sex besides. Not that I care; I just thought it ironic that people were so offended by Vala's sex comments when she never raped Daniel, or tried to stick her hands into somebody's gut.

Again...ick...

The whole Hathor thing was a bit cheesy but I liked the chance that the SCG females had to shine and especially Janet's lines about this man's army and pseudo-seducing the one airman so they could get out of the cell. That was worth it.

Daniel's DNA line was funny and twisted and wrong all at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524
                    Janet is definitely the best thing about this episode, as is Carter looking askance at having to use her feminine wiles. Loved Carter's attitude during the whole thing and her reactions to Teal'c and his non-reaction to Hathor.

I was very shocked, though, at how sexual this episode is. I've jumped in during season 9 and read all the Vala push-back about her sexual commentary and the like so I figured that sex didn't happen onscreen on SG1. This is episode, what? 13? 10? And there was a helluva a lot of sex and skin being seen. And it's icky sex besides. Not that I care; I just thought it ironic that people were so offended by Vala's sex comments when she never raped Daniel, or tried to stick her hands into somebody's gut.

Again...ick...

The whole Hathor thing was a bit cheesy but I liked the chance that the SCG females had to shine and especially Janet's lines about this man's army and pseudo-seducing the one airman so they could get out of the cell. That was worth it.

Daniel's DNA line was funny and twisted and wrong all at the same time.
                    Actually, there is a big difference between this episode and Vala - while Hathor contains rape (not handled well I admit), the humour is not tacky. Vala on the other hand is one big sex joke on legs, is obnoxious, shooting off tasteless humour and dressing up like some whore (no offence to Vala fans). Her presence is simply meant to aggravate and gloss over the lack of plot. IMO her presence does nothing for the plot while this episode furthers our knowledge of the Goa'uld.

Apart form Anise in S4 (which there were complaints about) and the opening of S1 SG-1 has had low sex scenes - and only shows skin when necessaited for plot and not in place of plot or of good humour.

But this isn't the place to discuss S9.

I agree with you though that it was nice to see Janet shine and the female personal be the ones to save the men. Quite a reverse of the 'damsels in distress' scenario eh?

The man who led the way.

Comment

Originally posted by luthienberen
                      I agree with you though that it was nice to see Janet shine and the female personal be the ones to save the men. Quite a reverse of the 'damsels in distress' scenario eh?
                      I'll disagree on the Hathor angle but you and I are definitely in agreement over Carter and Janet. They had great chemistry for one and I liked Carter's sort of "tough guy" attitude. This isn't to say that I don't like the Carter of today but, face it, if you're a young and attractive woman in the military, you're better off going the tough guy route at least to start with.

I also liked that Janet is quite petite (I am too) yet doesn't project any kind of weakness or vulnerability. Yay for short chicks!

And, yes, a nice reversal to the damsels in distress scenario, although from the little bit of SG1 I've seen and to the show's credit, they don't seem to do a lot of damsel in distress stuff, at least not with Carter.

Comment

Singularity is still my favorite Sam episode, and Lifeboat is my favorite Janet, but for both of them together I think this is my favorite.

I'm also short like Janet (shorter, really)
                        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Wow, a sexy, seductive Goa'uld?

Uh oh.

Yeah, this episode was really creepy. Seeing Janet put her hand
                          in O'Neil's "gut" was gross. This ep. really was not one of my favorites.

I'm glad that Hathor got what she deserved in "Into the Fire" lol.
                          sigpic

Comment

I hated janet in this episode she was just so weird and slutty not her at all.

Same with carter come to think of it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake

Do you mean the *fake* come on they did with the guards in order to break out? I didn't particularly like that scene, but it's not like Sam and Janet were *really* slutty.

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake

They weren't "slutty", they were trying to use their assets as a weapon, and rigthfully so given the enemy. Frankly, there was absolutely NOTHING about Carter that could ever be slutty and Janet's attempts were more comical than anything else--purposely comical.

I think you may have missed some of the tongue in cheek humor.

Comment

Working...
                                X