No announcement yet.

Hathor (113)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She is a brunette that has died her hair ginger. This is a pet peeve of mine.
    Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
    Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

Alright eppy.........would have prefered not seeing a woman who sounds like a guy seducing them for world domination

Comment

I liked this ep. Being a Janet fan this was a good ep for her. I just love the lines "Are you outta your mind honey-buns? There is a reason they call it this man's army. The way Teryl delivers them has me laughing everytime I hear them.

Australian Teryl Rothery Fan Club
        www.atrfc.com

Comment

A good episdoe. I especially liked the premise of the show and the execution of it...for the most part. The episode's pace seemed rushed and the ending was a bit of a let down with Hathor getting away but at least she returned later on. Overall, a slightly above average episode.

timdalton007

Comment

that was one hack of an episode!
            there's a proof! chicks can control us! lol...
            i most liked the part whan hathor came out and used her hand device!

there are only three things i'd like! (yea right, i'd like more!)
            a hand device!
            a zat gun!
            and a stargate with a dial home device!

funny thing that hathor speakes like there are two in her body, well actuelly its true..."we owe you our thanks"..."kiss us"...lol

Comment

funny thing that hathor speakes like there are two in her body, well actuelly its true..."we owe you our thanks"..."kiss us"...lol
              Hathor doesn't use 'we' and 'our' because there are two personalities within her. It's the 'royal we' or the Plural of Majesty - that is, the perogative of queens and kings to refer to themselves in the plural to show that they are above and set apart from their subjects. No normal mortals.

Just in the same way as the British Queen uses 'we' and 'our' when she speaks, too, for example. And Queen Victoria (may have <G>) said "We are not amused." rather than, "I am not amused."

I loved that arrogance in Hathor to adopt that manner of speech. Showed just how well she thought of herself as being higher than the mere mortals around her.

Albion
              Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

seems like i always make a fool of myself...lol...

first with the mjolnir that i said its odins hammer but i was wrong...its thors hammer...

now this...well after all english isnt my real language...i mean in in 9th grade and my mother language is hebrew...
                thanks for letting me know

Comment

One of my fave eps, liked the character Hathor and particularly enjoyed her having her wicked way with poor little innocent long-haired Daniel. The women were strong in this ep, and the men were walked all over, which makes a refreshing change.
                  sigpic
                  "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

seems like i always make a fool of myself...lol...
                    Not at all, Thor! None of us can know everything about everything - I've learned things I didn't know from posters on these boards. I see you're from Isreal - you can write what I know about Israel on the back of a postcard. And there'd be room to spare. So there's no shame in being surprised now and then by something you didn't know.

Albion
                    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                      Not at all, Thor! None of us can know everything about everything - I've learned things I didn't know from posters on these boards. I see you're from Isreal - you can write what I know about Israel on the back of a postcard. And there'd be room to spare. So there's no shame in being surprised now and then by something you didn't know.

Albion
                      wow...your are really nice person!
                      thanks for making me feel better =)
                      i hope ill get to see you around the forum

Comment

i din't like this ep, but it was good to see the girls kick some butt.
                        ~ charmed slayer ~

Comment

personaly i hated this epsiode never did or will like hathor

it was cool to see sam and janet taking control of the situation
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

It was an okay episode, I'm a big fan of Hathor, but I thought it a bit odd that they didn't believe or suspect anything about the Goa'uld with her when she appeared at the SGC.

You'd have thought after what happened with Kawalski (sp?) they'd have been a bit more on their toes when dealing with possible Goa'uld in the base.

Especially with Daniel knowing all about her history as Hathor!

Originally posted by Stupid Daniel
                            "Gee, we're dealing with Alien Parasites that take over people, and they're all Ancient Egyptian types. Oh look, someone claining to be an Egyptian Goddess who knows about the Stargate? Let her in, no worry of Goa'uld here!"
                            What's spongey, topped in chocolate with an orange jelly centre and serves the Goa'uld?

A Jaffa cake!

Comment

Ya general hammond definately let his guard down.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dick
                                In the "battle of the anecdotes", there can be no winner, but I know a number of men who would feel differently or who would at least be willing to joke about feeling differently.

Not necessarily. I could say "no" out of a sense of honor or out of respect for the law but enjoy the physical act. In the state of nature, I suppose it wouldn't be rape.
                                I know this is an older comment but I've just joined the boards and started reading some of the older things in my free time. I find this a VERY dangerous attitude to take in regards to male rape. I know that the show didn't dwell on it after this episode but it was rape. (And I did at least notice that Daniel seemed to shy away from Hathor a bit more in her comback later in S2 than he usually would towards other villains.) But anyway, in regards to the quotes above.

Male rape (whether done to him by another man or by a woman) happens more often than we are aware of because men tend not to report it as often as women do precisely because of the kind of above attitudes. They end up feeling embarrassed because they think it made them less of a man especially when done by a woman because society tends to say that woman can't be rapists for some reason. A friend of mine was raped by two women and he did react to the act itself in that he "finished" for them (don't know how graphic we can say it but I'm assuming people know what I mean by that). But just because he reacted to what they were doing to him didn't mean it wasn't rape. Your body can't control what it reacts to many times especially not in this kind of situation. Both men and women will sometimes "react" to their rape but that doesn't mean they are either enjoying it or that they gave their consent. (Not to mention we don't know what the drug did to him for sure so it may have also played a hand in his "reaction".)

The above quotes make it almost sound like some think that just because men enjoy sex (usually) that it means they'd be fine with it even through rape just because it is an attractive woman doing it. Though in that case, being fine with having sex with her would mean most likely giving consent which is not rape but like other people have said, Daniel pulled away when he realized what was going to happen and he had to be drugged in order for her to do it. That's rape plain and simple.

Sorry for the rant but my friend went through a lot when it happened to him and I can't stand the skeptical reaction many people seem to have towards men being raped because that only causes them to feel more embarrassed and more reluctant to report it and seek emotional help afterwards (or even rejecting physical help which can be even more dangerous).

Um...and in closing Poor Daniel and Yay for the SGC girls (and Teal'c) coming to the rescue.

Comment

Working...
                                X