No announcement yet.

Hathor (113)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember the last time I was in a GW rewatch I got into a big fight if what Hathor did was rape. Good times. . I for the most part like this episode because it gives more insight into Goa'uld biology even if a lot of what happens is scientifically improbable. I however was not convinced of the girl power message of the episode. It seems hollow and forced. I thought the best bits came from Hathor in her ignorance. You with the crown of marble.

I got a 14/15. I got the convention question wrong which is not surprising knowing how little I know about fan conventions. I thought the Egyptian bra would be more hilarious. Although I made an educated guess on the tub scene and got lucky.

A question for FH. It's the same quiz you post in the three episode threads right?

I'll do the puzzles tomorrow. It's my day off. I just wait for you to post before I watch the next episode
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

6 minutes and 10 seconds
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I remember the last time I was in a GW rewatch I got into a big fight if what Hathor did was rape. Good times. .
        Daniel was under the influence of her drug and therefore could not give consent -- that's rape.

I however was not convinced of the girl power message of the episode. It seems hollow and forced.
        There was girlpower but you're right, it's forced because of the incapacitation of the male half. There simply wasn't anyone else to save the day.

It seems hollow and forced.I got a 14/15. I got the convention question wrong which is not surprising knowing how little I know about fan conventions. I thought the Egyptian bra would be more hilarious. Although I made an educated guess on the tub scene and got lucky.[/quote]

I can't remember where I heard about that moment, but it is one of the things I remember about Don S. Davis so I thought I'd put it in. And I had to check if I remembered correctly cause I thought he did it at a party instead.
        The bra would indeed have been hilarious -- but I think he didn't look halfbad with the wig either.

A question for FH. It's the same quiz you post in the three episode threads right?
        It is indeed. It's 5 questions for each episode, so 15 in total.
        It's my intention to do so for episodes, and only do one quiz for pilots and films.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So we are going do this argument again? Ok it was never proven see had sex with Daniel to get DNA. You can get his DNA from almost anything
          Jelgate is right

Comment

So we are going do this argument again? Ok it was never proven see had sex with Daniel to get DNA. You can get his DNA from almost anything
            Quite honestly, I really don't want to know how she obtained it.

I think the general idea is, that she err... acquired it through bodily fluids the way Jack acquired a little extra on Argos (which by the way he was also drugged for - no consent - rape).

Comment

They were vague so you could obtain it in nonsexual ways therefore it could not be rape.

You can't argue rape for Argos. Kyanthia had no idea she had machines in her blood
              Jelgate is right

Comment

But she knew the cake would make him sleep with her. She drugged him so that he would have sex with her.

How does that differ from a man who gives a woman a drug because he knows it will make her have sex with him?

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I see no proof of the cake being drugs and anything besides an cultural marriage custom. That would imply all Argosian women drug men they propose too. Seems beyond a people who live 100 days
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

There's the whole bit where his vision goes blurry after eating the cake and doesn't some of the dialogue even have Jack as saying "she drugged me?!" (this I'm not too sure about)
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I think the blurry vision does imply some form of drugging.

Comment

Jack thought he was being drugged because of him falling asleep but we learn later on that is because of the nanites he got from having sex with Kyanthia
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Jack thought he was being drugged because of him falling asleep but we learn later on that is because of the nanites he got from having sex with Kyanthia
                          This one is a bit more unclear. But the one with Daniel...it all really boils down to if there was sexual activity involved. Hathor did say that she enjoyed the human way....
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

I agree. As I've said before it's vague on how she gets the DNA. Their are other ways that are pleasurable besides sez
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

I agree. As I've said before it's vague on how she gets the DNA. Their are other ways that are pleasurable besides sez
                              A cotton swap....

Comment

Anyone else ever wondered what it would have been like if they kept that whole "Goa'uld queen pheromone" thing? Fun fact...spellcheck recognizes "Goa'uld".
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X