No announcement yet.

Hathor (113)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a bad ep but not a great one either. Something about it bugged me.

One thing that annoyed me was Hathor getting out of the bath thingy dry and with perfect hair
    sigpic

Comment

It bothered me too. Although it was a pretty cool effect.

Comment

This ep was interesting
        sigpic
        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
          One thing that annoyed me was Hathor getting out of the bath thingy dry and with perfect hair
          Maybe it's one of the perks of being a Goa'uld? After all, they never seem to have a bad hair day... They don't do cookies just perfect hair.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Kind of a middle of the road episode for me.....not great but not terrible either.

Got some more info on the Goa'uld, they have a 'queen' who churns them out.

Found the whole 'guys getting whammied by foxy antagonist' to be dull, it's something we've seen a lot in sci-fi and this episode was, in my view at least, SG's stab at it.

O'Neill getting a pouch was extremely creepy, his immune system was wiped out and he would have required a 'junior' of his own if the sarcophagus wasn't there....Dr. Frasier went above and beyond as usual by inspecting the Colonel's midsection herself.

It was just very formulaic with some awesome SG stuff thrown in.....obvious stuff like O'Neill nearly becoming a Jaffa himself to less obvious stuff like Sam lamenting to Frasier that she's not really 'one of the guys'.
            sigpic

Comment

My LiveJournal post

I kinda know how Sam feels sometimes, especially in the Farscape fandom with all the guys constantly drooling over Chiana and only I seem to be able to see her bad points..
              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
                Enjoyed your blog about this episode.
                A pretty good episode all in all. I think it had some really good humor to it, including the Jack-sex, drugs and rock & roll, quote.
                sigpic
                Jack: Uhh, Daniel - for cryin' out loud!!, I said I would watch the Stanley Cup playoffs with you!
                Is all this necessary??!?

Comment

Not the best episode, but it gave us interesting information on the Goa'uld and their technology. What I didn't understand was, why was O'Neill's Jaffa pouch healed by the sarcophagus, it is not really a wound, or is it? Would it do the same for any Jaffa and restore their imune system?

It is also the second episode that deals with the role of women, something that kinda bugged me. Now I understand how it feels not to be treated as 'one of the guys', I had 2 years IT-training with 14 men. Still, I don't really see Carter's point, we never see the others of SG 1 treat her differently from one another (except for Jack in later seaons, but that's another story ). So why did they have to show her as the strong, brave female again, when there is no doubt at all that she is?

Comment

Thanks Chaddergate.
                    That's one of my fave Jack quotes
                    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                    >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by another scientist View Post
                      snip

It is also the second episode that deals with the role of women, something that kinda bugged me. Now I understand how it feels not to be treated as 'one of the guys', I had 2 years IT-training with 14 men. Still, I don't really see Carter's point, we never see the others of SG 1 treat her differently from one another (except for Jack in later seaons, but that's another story ). So why did they have to show her as the strong, brave female again, when there is no doubt at all that she is?
                      I agree. It seemed out of character for Carter to complain about this.
                      Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

She could have been talking about the USAF/SGC in general, not just her team. I mean, she is always surrounded by this geeky guys in the control room and probably in the labs too. It's possible those men treat her like she's the girl, especially because at that time there aren't many women stationed at the base and she's smart and pretty too!
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

My main problem with episode was the actress playing Hathor. I can't put my finger on it, but I never bought her in the role. There were a few humorous moments ("sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll" and Daniel informing the others that a lot of the DNA the are going to examine is probably his), but overall I think this is one of the weaker episodes of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by another scientist View Post
                            Not the best episode, but it gave us interesting information on the Goa'uld and their technology. What I didn't understand was, why was O'Neill's Jaffa pouch healed by the sarcophagus, it is not really a wound, or is it? Would it do the same for any Jaffa and restore their imune system?
                            What she did to Jack destroyed his immune system, which would have required him to use a symbiote to survive. However the Jaffa are different. They are genetically engineered to lose their immune system once they hit puberty (or around the age) so it's not just a matter of sticking them into a sarcophagus. It wouldn't restore their immune system because genetically speaking, they aren't supposed to have one. Since Jack just had his destroyed, but isn't genetically engineered to lose his, the sarcophagus restored him to health.

I don't think the idea was to make Carter look strong, but to appeal generally to women viewers and to also promote the Air Force (perhaps promote is too strong a word) in showing that despite being a male dominated series, tv show and military, women can kick just as much ass as the men.

sigpic

Comment

This was one of the episodes of season 1 I've rewatched a few times. It's just downright entertaining with all the crazy stuff going on. General Hammond going loopy over Hathor, just so funny to watch. "You, with the crown of marble!"

Has one of the best Jack lines in all of Stargate,

DANIEL: Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety and music.
                              O'NEILL: Sex, drugs and rock and roll?

Find out how the Goa'uld reproduce, Hathor finding the human way of reproducing to get the 'code of life' "more pleasurable than most" makes me shudder to think what other ways she might have done so!!

Poor Jack, goes through the wringer with being chosen as Hathor's first Jaffa!

And of course, not forgetting, Girl Power!!!

Comment

I've always liked Hathor and I don't understand why BW hates it so much. OK yes, the baby worms in the hot tub did look kind of ridiculous. And I don't get why someone showing up at a super secrect military base with full knowledge of the stargate didn't make them think she had to be more than a garden variety crazy (especially right after an empty sarcophagus arrives at their door).

But I'm willing to overlook all that because there are just too many moments that are so much fun. Jack/Daniel banter. Sam/Teal'c bonding. Sam/Janet butt kicking. Loopy Hammond. Poor, poor Daniel. What's not to love!

Comment

Working...
                                X