No announcement yet.

Hathor (113)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We never saw any fall out from need, that episode where they all got that virus that 'caveman'ed them, when Jack was a prisoner of Ba'al in the Abyss or any others..

Comment

I don't know if anyone's posted this, but during this episode, Sam is seen talking with Dr. Frasier while checking on Hathor on the Internet. One of the sites she hits has a title of "Ishtar, Lady of Heaven". Well, I enter that into Google just now, and came up with this:

http://www.mystae.com/restricted/str...ts/ishtar.html

The background is different, but the text is the same. Pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        I don't know if anyone's posted this, but during this episode, Sam is seen talking with Dr. Frasier while checking on Hathor on the Internet. One of the sites she hits has a title of "Ishtar, Lady of Heaven". Well, I enter that into Google just now, and came up with this:

http://www.mystae.com/restricted/str...ts/ishtar.html

The background is different, but the text is the same. Pretty cool.
        yeah you're right
        Spoiler:

sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I love Hathor and her cheap wig.

8/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2008/05/hathor.html
          My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
          http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

What was with Hathor being invisible and surviving the fire? I mean the Goa'uld all heel extremely fast, but they aren't impervious. Why wasn't she at least injured when she was going through the gate? Did she have a personal shield? It was my understanding that the personal shield was a rather new invention due to the fact that Teal'c did not know of it until he saw Apophis use it.

Is there any evidence that would suggest that the queen's have superior healing abilities?
            sigpic

Comment

girl power! that's all i can say for this ep.

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
                girl power! that's all i can say for this ep.
                Don't forget Teal'c and Jack... Without them Sam wouldn't have been able to neutralize Hathor.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                  Don't forget Teal'c and Jack... Without them Sam wouldn't have been able to neutralize Hathor.
                  Indeed. But they only got to help after the girls rescued them.

A nitpick: why is the sarcophagus in the gate room? they don't have enought rooms under that mountain?

Comment

Indeed. But they only got to help after the girls rescued them.

A nitpick: why is the sarcophagus in the gate room? they don't have enought rooms under that mountain?
                    The sarcophagus is an extremely large piece of equipment, which mean it was probably lowered down into the SGC through the silo above the Stargate. I'm sure they were planning on dismantling it or finding some other form of relocation.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                      The sarcophagus is an extremely large piece of equipment, which mean it was probably lowered down into the SGC through the silo above the Stargate. I'm sure they were planning on dismantling it or finding some other form of relocation.
                      I see. I've wondered about the logistics of relocating the stargate from Egypt to under the Cheyenne mountain. So, I guess the stargate was also brought in the same way?

I've not made a thorough observation of the gate room so I did not notice any silo.

Comment

I see. I've wondered about the logistics of relocating the stargate from Egypt to under the Cheyenne mountain. So, I guess the stargate was also brought in the same way?

I've not made a thorough observation of the gate room so I did not notice any silo.
                        Yes that was precisely how they got the Stargate into the gate room, it used to be a missile silo for test rockets.
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but I just noticed - having watched this episode a bundle of times previously and not noticed it -

However, when SG1 (minus Daniel) are in the briefing room discussing Hathor, and Daniel comes down the stairs and tries to talk everyone into allowing Hathor to "debrief" them all, Jack objects, as does Sam. Daniel walks over to Hammond and tries to convince him to allow Hathor into the briefing room, and that pink/purple, breathy, glowy stuff seeps across Daniel's eyes (the stuff that Hathor breathed on Hammond and Daniel earlier), and Hammond sees it and comes back under the "spell" and agrees with Daniel. ... And then Hathor comes down the stairs, etc.

I noticed it the first time and then had to rewind and look at it again to make sure I hadn't imagined it. Interesting how little things like that can slip by without being noticed, and then - zap, it gets noticed?

My comment means nothing - just an observation ...

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but I just noticed - having watched this episode a bundle of times previously and not noticed it -

However, when SG1 (minus Daniel) are in the briefing room discussing Hathor, and Daniel comes down the stairs and tries to talk everyone into allowing Hathor to "debrief" them all, Jack objects, as does Sam. Daniel walks over to Hammond and tries to convince him to allow Hathor into the briefing room, and that pink/purple, breathy, glowy stuff seeps across Daniel's eyes (the stuff that Hathor breathed on Hammond and Daniel earlier), and Hammond sees it and comes back under the "spell" and agrees with Daniel. ... And then Hathor comes down the stairs, etc.

I noticed it the first time and then had to rewind and look at it again to make sure I hadn't imagined it. Interesting how little things like that can slip by without being noticed, and then - zap, it gets noticed?

My comment means nothing - just an observation ...
                            Yes I noticed this, the only thing that was odd about the graphic was that we never saw it again. If it had happened one or two more times it wouldn't have been such an anomaly.
                            sigpic

Comment

It's a shame the sarcophagus was destroyed, but it would've been too easy a plot devise to have hanging around the SGC ~ reviving the team and all.

I enjoyed GI-Janet and her feminine wiles in getting the women out of lock-up. That and Carter's comment about her upcoming court martial were amusing.

Seeing the men go all gabblesmacky over Hathor was painful to watch. And after all that, DRATS! she escapes!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                There are so many little things I find that you can pick-up on a re-watch and like you it may not be the 1st re-watch but a 2nd or 3rd, I guess that's what makes the show so great.

Hathor being the "Queen Bee" was interesting had she succeeded Daniel would of been responsible for Goa'uld enslaving the galaxy. Oh the irony. I also noticed instead of the usual yellow tinge when Hathor's eyes glowed it was white - must be a queen thing.

GI-Janet and Captain Carter save they day again. I thought it was funny though that Janet took second point when going into the shower room, one of the other women you would think would have more firearms training then a doctor, I guess it depends what department they were from.

Jack almost got his own junior, cool to see how the pouch was made.

It seems at least in these initial episodes of season 1 they are always so close yet so far with getting new technology and learning new intel. You have to wonder why they didn't at least attempt to close the iris when Hathor was leaving.

Overall pretty good episode.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

Working...
                                X