Hathor (113)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    She was 'trapped in that sarc', which is why we were not overrun by Gou'ald..
    I'd go with that. Being banged up, she wasn't in a position to spawn new larvae, so her supply dried up. The Goa'uld she had spawned would have probably either left when Ra did, or had already gone - seeking out little empires to call their very own...

There's no reason to assume that there weren't any Goa'uld left on the planet once Ra abandoned it, of course, but it's quite possible that any that were left hanging around slaughtered each other for power - just like the System Lords seem to do on a grander, galactic scale. Any that remain among us today are likely to be a bit short of the kind of weaponry and followers needed for Global domination. They probably do it on the sly by running big Corporations or something.

No, I'm not suggesting Robert Maxwell was a Goa'uld.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
      I'd go with that. Being banged up, she wasn't in a position to spawn new larvae, so her supply dried up. The Goa'uld she had spawned would have probably either left when Ra did, or had already gone - seeking out little empires to call their very own...
      I've probably missed something here, but I do wonder how Hathor ended up getting shut away again. She's a pretty tough girl, at least she's very 'persuasive', so I'd have thought that the archiologists we see finding her at the beginning would have found it quite tricky to get her locked up again.
      sigpic
      Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan's Speechwriter View Post
        I've probably missed something here, but I do wonder how Hathor ended up getting shut away again. She's a pretty tough girl, at least she's very 'persuasive', so I'd have thought that the archiologists we see finding her at the beginning would have found it quite tricky to get her locked up again.
        Sorry, I've just realised that I was talking a complete load of rubbish in the post above. That'll teach me to post on the forum before I'm awake in the morning!

I guess this episode is flawed in some respects, but I still quite like it.
        sigpic

Comment

this epp reminds me alot of star trek. ALot. A message about female strength hidden in here somewhere I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Theimmortaljedi View Post
            this epp reminds me alot of star trek. ALot. A message about female strength hidden in here somewhere I think.
            I've never seen Star Trek (my brother is a fan and I once had to wear a Star Trek style shirt in a concert I was playing in, but that's another story).

I like this episode because it shows two of the extremes of the female nature; Hathor and Sam contrast very well.
            sigpic

Comment

Hehe...I was just re-watching this episode, and the bit where Hathor says to General Hammond "You, with the crown of marble..." is hilarious, as it Jack's reaction ("She...might mean you, Sir"). I don't know why I find that so funny...I don't think it made me laugh so much the first time round.
              "I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello..."

Comment

When i rewatched episodes i sometimes find something funny that i never really noticed before. jack is just the best for comedy lines
                Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                sigpic
                sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

What I think sets this show apart from others in the genre is that it is still fun to watch on repeat veiwings!

Comment

Originally posted by Theimmortaljedi View Post
                    What I think sets this show apart from others in the genre is that it is still fun to watch on repeat veiwings!
                    Very true. I'm not even through my first overall run of Stargate at the moment (I'm watching them in chronological order, on S7 just now), and I've already gone back to re-watch some eps!
                    "I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello..."

Comment

Originally posted by Cascade View Post
                      Very true. I'm not even through my first overall run of Stargate at the moment (I'm watching them in chronological order, on S7 just now), and I've already gone back to re-watch some eps!
                      I'm finding that I see different things when I re-watch episodes, especially after I've seen the ones which follow the episode.
                      sigpic

Comment

One thing i would love to know, is how much of that 'phermone' did hathor carry? Also where did she carry it, or was it cause she was a queen Gou'ald, it was part of her make up?

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan's Speechwriter View Post
                          It was good to see the women really come into their own, especially Dr Weir, since we don't usually see her in that type of action.
                          ahem!
                          Dr... who?
                          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cascade View Post
                            Hehe...I was just re-watching this episode, and the bit where Hathor says to General Hammond "You, with the crown of marble..." is hilarious, as it Jack's reaction ("She...might mean you, Sir"). I don't know why I find that so funny...I don't think it made me laugh so much the first time round.
                            I think that might be my favourite line of season one. I may have actually laughed very loudly

I liked this episode because of its polar representations. We are (or at least were at that stage) used to the idea of the Goa'uld using force to get what they want. It challenged that representation. Also, the representations of women in general. Bad woman uses sex to get what she wants. Good woman uses smarts and force. Maybe they just wanted to get some feminist ratings...who knows! It was good anyway.

Although, it could have been quite humorous if we knew the male officers who Janet, Sam and the other female officers had to trick in order to get free. What would have happened if Janet had to make out with General Hammond? Or if Sam was with Jack?
                            sigpic

Comment

Sorry about the double post, but I was just at the gym and Cher's "All or Nothing" was playing on the t.v.

Notice a scary resemblance, anyone?

cher 2.jpg

hathor 1.jpg
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                                Sorry about the double post, but I was just at the gym and Cher's "All or Nothing" was playing on the t.v.

Notice a scary resemblance, anyone?

[ATTACH]4434[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4435[/ATTACH]
                                Not that scary for me . I found Hathor cute and I am not very fond of reds

Comment

Working...
                                X