Hathor (113)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by esoap524
    They weren't "slutty", they were trying to use their assets as a weapon, and rigthfully so given the enemy. Frankly, there was absolutely NOTHING about Carter that could ever be slutty and Janet's attempts were more comical than anything else--purposely comical.

I think you may have missed some of the tongue in cheek humor.
    Perhaps but a true military officer would have dealt with the problem a little more professionaly (In my oppinion off course).

Originally posted by jckfan55
    Do you mean the *fake* come on they did with the guards in order to break out? I didn't particularly like that scene, but it's not like Sam and Janet were *really* slutty.
    I did mean there fake personalities I do not believe that they were there true characters.
    sigpic

Comment

Given that five women had to retake an entire base of stronger, hormone-driven men, Sam and Janet did what they had to do. They had to think a bit outside the box. Sex was the primary motivation for the guards, and the women used that to their advantage. I don't think that makes them any less than "true military officers". In fact, good officers need to adapt to hostile situations and use the enemy's weakness against them.
      SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

I'm sorry, Daniel was raped, that's all there is to it. I was actually also really surprised that there wasn't any kind of aftershock for Daniel.

I loved this episode simply because it was a good eye opener to the Goa'uld and their ways.

Surprisingly, I can't think of anything else to say :\ ...

"Victory... should be naked!" - The Slitheen

Comment

Originally posted by Miyth
          I'm sorry, Daniel was raped, that's all there is to it. I was actually also really surprised that there wasn't any kind of aftershock for Daniel.

I loved this episode simply because it was a good eye opener to the Goa'uld and their ways.

Surprisingly, I can't think of anything else to say :\ ...
          Raped? Technically, you have to have sex in order to consider it a case of raping, right? Now, I'll admit, I'm not an expert on this subject, but in my humble opinion, all Hathor did was kiss Daniel under the influence of her "drug." Therefore, I'm honestly not sure why you would call it raping.
          sigpic

Comment

She wanted him to create more Goa'uld's. As in get her pregnant. Which, takes more than just kissing. They weren't going to show them having sex. The kiss was there to give an idea of what was to come (and the conversation before that was there to give a clue as to what the kiss was leading to) and then later Janet said they might some DNA information on the larvae, and Daniel said that most of it would be his. And, babies don't come from kissin' they come from sex.
            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
              She wanted him to create more Goa'uld's. As in get her pregnant. Which, takes more than just kissing. They weren't going to show them having sex. The kiss was there to give an idea of what was to come (and the conversation before that was there to give a clue as to what the kiss was leading to) and then later Janet said they might some DNA information on the larvae, and Daniel said that most of it would be his. And, babies don't come from kissin' they come from sex.
              Dani347 is right. It was rape, as Daniel was coerced, but the whole thing was handled discreetly by TPTB and I suppose some viewers may have missed the nuances. Poor Daniel was ravished by a bad woman for his DNA. There's a classic shot of him sitting alone afterwards looking completely shell-shocked.
              sigpic
              "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_06
                Raped? Technically, you have to have sex in order to consider it a case of raping, right? Now, I'll admit, I'm not an expert on this subject, but in my humble opinion, all Hathor did was kiss Daniel under the influence of her "drug." Therefore, I'm honestly not sure why you would call it raping.
                That's all we saw but there was some mention of his DNA being all over the place when they destroyed Hathor which led me to believe bodily fluids were exchanged...unless that was some kiss...

Comment

Yeah, besides, did you get a good look at the room afterward? (when Sam comes in and asks if he's okay). The lamps knocked over and things are a bit messy. Oh I'd say something happened more then kissing.

"Victory... should be naked!" - The Slitheen

Comment

Well, I suppose they could have had Hathor say "I want to have my evil way with you" and then point to Daniel's pants and say "Those ? Off!" That would have been clear.
                    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

She did say something along the lines of "I do so enjoy the method of collecting the code of life in your species". Nudge nudge wink wink
                      sigpic
                      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

it was definately rape, its like a guy giving a girl drugs unwillingly and that makes her want to have sex with him but switched around. we know daniel wouldnt have done that, hes married (at the time) and he would be giving a whole bunch of goulds a new chance of life
                        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

It was definitely a little gross, but i can't help but put it on my favorites list
                          My heart is is officialy broken
                          BRING BACK SG-1!

Check out my forum!
                          http://unhealthyobsession.tz4.com

Comment

Originally posted by Stargater59
                            It was definitely a little gross, but i can't help but put it on my favorites list
                            I can!!

haha
                            sigpic

Comment

me too!!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
                                She did say something along the lines of "I do so enjoy the method of collecting the code of life in your species". Nudge nudge wink wink
                                yeah she did

Comment

Working...
                                X