No announcement yet.

Fire and Water (112)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was one of my least favorite episodes when I first watched it, but after subsequent viewings, it's now one of my favorites. SG-1's reaction to Daniel's death is beautiful, and he gets a far better send off here than he did in Meridian, IMHO.

I get the impression that, although the water dude reached an understanding with Daniel, he's not particularly interested in maintaining ties with humans. I hope it stays that way. TPTB write themselves into a corner when they give Earth too many powerful allies.
    END OF LINE

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dick
      I get the impression that, although the water dude reached an understanding with Daniel, he's not particularly interested in maintaining ties with humans. I hope it stays that way. TPTB write themselves into a corner when they give Earth too many powerful allies.
      Very true, too many powerful enemies and Earth would just become passengers. Or parasites, taking the technology they needed from those more powerful or advanced. A bit like the Goa'uld, if you think about it.
      sigpic

Comment

I love this episode. When I first saw this episode, I was like, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But now that I know He's okay, I'm good.
        *Rachel Luttrel* "Where are the bathrooms on Atlantis?" Now what the heck kinda question is that?

Comment

It was a good episode, not among the best but I LOVED that scene in the infirmary. AT looked soooo heart-broken and all. It brought tears to my eyes. And the whole bonding thing was one of the best ideas TPTB ever had

The send off ceremony was beautiful BTW. I heard it was done by real USAF people. Very nice
          May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

One of these days, if I ever find myself with a total lack of anything to do, I am going to write a "Nem the Fishy-Guy Meets Finding Nemo - the Musical"!

It's sort of scary, where my mind wanders if I let it...

Comment

well this was an interesting episode, I enjoyed the idea that more aliens had been to earth.

id love to see more of the oannes!
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Its one of those episodes I haven't watched that often. It's quite interesting though. I'd like to see more of the Oannes aswell, even though Nem was kinda creepy

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                  Things floating in the event horizon doesn't make much sense to me.
                  In the movie, Dog Tags from a few characters started floating "toward" the event horizon... Of course, I'm not too sure if this was still considered canon at this time in the series, but judging by it being the first season, most of the physics and more extensive information about the Stargate weren't revealed yet, breaking quite a few links between the series and the movie.
                  Enter my game site...

Comment

I don't remember this episode.But I don't have season 1 yet on DVD but I ordered it allready.It supposed to come out this month.
                    Lord Zedd

Comment

I finally got it and I have seen the episode.The alien was cool !!And Jack broke the window of General Hammond haha And General Hammond stayed so calm
                      Lord Zedd

Comment

Haha! Yeah! That was probably my favourite part of the episode

Comment

Weird episode. Thought it was good though and thought it was funny where they had a funeral kind of thing for Daniel and then he came back when SG-1 went back. The technology was good how it was like a submarine door holding the water out

Comment

Actually, it reminded me of that Jell-O stuff around the Gungan City in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace!
                            Last edited by zats; 05 December 2004, 02:58 PM. Reason: Dain bramaged

Comment

So, is this the only funeral poor Daniel ever got? But I have to say I loved this episode. Shallow reasons aside (wet, vulnerable Daniel *happy sigh*) Team angst was great too. And yeah, I could almost see Jack crying in this one. Sam in shock, Teal'c too...yeah, that was great stuff, great team bonding.

What I didn't get was that in the begining, Nem threatened to kill Daniel. Then told him he couldn't leave. Then refused to use the memory device thingie cuz it might damage Daniel. So I had to wonder, what, was he going to keep Daniel around as a pet or something, for company? Daniel had to beg him to use that memory device thingie (of course, right away he told him to stop cuz it hurt so dang much) but Nem decided to turn up the volume, so to speak...so much for caring about doing damage to Daniel. So, I thought it was a bit inconsistant. Makes me wonder what they cut out of this one.

Comment

Somehow even with a zillion reruns on SciFi, I’d managed to never catch this one until I started watching the shows in order off the DVD’s. It was okay. Not one of my favorites from S1 by any means.

It was nice to get a peek at Jack’s place. And yes _Anubis… watching Jack destroy Hammond’s car window was interesting... And it was also nice to see Janet buck up against Hammond (& win) about giving SG1 time to standdown to deal with Daniel’s “death.”
                                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Working...
                                X