No announcement yet.

Bloodlines (111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed the the episode. It was nice to see some info on Teal'c.
    sigpic

Comment

The best thing that has come out of this ep was Bra'tac
      sigpic
      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

The long-running cliché banter between Jack and Bra'tac. Love it. It's also nice to see Teal'c express a broader range of emotions.

Comment

Finally, a Teal'c centered episode. I think he had more lines in this one than the last 9 combined. We also get introduce to our newest good guy, Bra'tac. A warrior of great skill and cunning. I also liked Teal'c's wife, she kind of reminded me of Teyla. I bet they would've gotten along. I would say more, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
            My nitpick with this episode: the goa'uld larvae sit unguarded in a desolate field of gravel, with nothing else around. Oh sure, I buy that. (sarcasm).
            I totally agree. Still, though, I loved that Daniel fired his gun anyway after the standard "we're no better than our enemies" speech.

I also liked Sam's embarrassed reaction to being call "warriors of great skill and cunning."

Comment

Originally posted by jlovette View Post
              I totally agree. Still, though, I loved that Daniel fired his gun anyway after the standard "we're no better than our enemies" speech.
              I disagree; at this point no one ever really challenged the Goa'uld. Chulak seems to be an important if not home planet for Apophis (considering that's where his FP lived and the Rite of Transference for Amaunet was performed there etc) and as far as we know it's inhabited by Jaffa, who all rely on Goa'uld larvae to survive. All that combined with Goa'uld arrogance makes it rather plausible to me that the larvae weren't guarded. The priests would most likely care for them but it appears they had to leave for church at the time.
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                I disagree; at this point no one ever really challenged the Goa'uld. Chulak seems to be an important if not home planet for Apophis (considering that's where his FP lived and the Rite of Transference for Amaunet was performed there etc) and as far as we know it's inhabited by Jaffa, who all rely on Goa'uld larvae to survive. All that combined with Goa'uld arrogance makes it rather plausible to me that the larvae weren't guarded. The priests would most likely care for them but it appears they had to leave for church at the time.
                Those are all good points. I just figured after the events of Children of the Gods, they might be a little more cautious, but I'm sure Goa'uld arrogance runs pretty deep.

Comment

I like this episode. It is a cool off world adventure, but it also has some nice plot building points as well as some back story for one of our favorite characters. Over all well done and well acted. Daniel and Tel'c have emotional scenes in this one that work well. It leaves you wondering if they both made the right decision. Sure by Daniel killing the larva he was saving future people (he also was possibly killing the Jaffa who were to get those larva too) but was Sam right. Was Daniel being as egotistical, power hungry, and evil by killing them when they were defenseless? It raises interesting questions of morality and warfare. (and people say that Science fiction is all about aliens and explosions! ha) Was Tel'c right? Sure that choose saved his son's immediate life, but it prolonged it by making him a slave. His choose raises interesting questions over the value of life and how hard it is to live it. Both chooses where made under emotional conditions and not really thought out, which is how we make a lot of our chooses. Good episode, lots of action, good acting, and it even makes you think! My only question is the mission was to bring Tel'c son back. They had his son and then it seems like without explanation decide to leave him on the planet. Was this explained and I just I missed it? If it wasn't explained my thought on it is that it was now to dangerous to take them through the gate and it would be safer for them to stay because there was a man hunt on for them. But if that was the case a single line like "you need to stay here it isn't safe for you to come with me" would have been all we needed to explain the situation. Again if that line did happen and I just missed it then I will stop being silly.

Comment

Yay Bra'Tac! Pretty good Teal'c focused ep. Seeing Jaffa and Serpent guard armour and Infant Goa'uld really makes me think about how I like the Goa'uld so much more than the Ori.

Jack: We"ll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it.
                    Bra'tac: No the bridge is to heavily guarded.

lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Better than average SG-1 episode. First Teal'c-focus episode of the series (I don't count The Enemy Within).

Bra'tac is truly badass at the end of the episode. Also, Rya'c is really young in this one. His actor has really grew up over the next 8 years.
                      sigpic

Comment

I liked this episode and it's all because of Bra'tac. I didn't know Allison from Eureka played Teal'c's wife!
                        My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                          My nitpick with this episode: the goa'uld larvae sit unguarded in a desolate field of gravel, with nothing else around. Oh sure, I buy that. (sarcasm).
                          I am thinking it was cause the Gou'ald had such a hold over their slaves, that they feared them not..

Comment

I'm guessing that this is the episode where Amanda was talking about the stunt mishap when she was a bit too close to the explosives and got a bit singed in the face while filming the scene where Sam & Daniel were running through the woods.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                              Bra'tac is truly badass at the end of the episode. Also, Rya'c is really young in this one. His actor has really grew up over the next 8 years.
                              Just an OK ep. I never really got into the whole 'Ryac' plot but he definitely grows up a lot more!

Bratac is a welcome addition to the cast and Tony Amendola plays him very well throughout the series. He's a consistent and reliable character with much to like.

Janet gets a briefing room position, one of a growing many.

Although it has some interesting arc points and nothing really wrong with it, the ep is reletively straightforward and nothing overly exciting to make me want to rewatch again.

"The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” - Henry David Thoreau

sigpic

Comment

My LiveJournal post

Jack's scuffle with Bra'tac is one of my favourite scenes.
                                "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                                "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                                "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                                "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Working...
                                X