The Torment of Tantalus (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captain jake
    The fact you think the show is declining in quality.
    So ... you think that my belief that the show is declining is based on my not understanding what is going on? I'm confused.
    The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

Well i can't explain everything.

All I said is we don't like what we don't understand.
      sigpic

Comment

I understand why TPTB did many of the things they did during Seasons 7-9 and I *still* do not like it. My dislike is not based on not understanding but rather on many other issues - quality of writing one of them. I believe that during S4-5 writing quaility etc declined but improved dramatically during S6 only to fall spectaculry from S7 onwards. But I'm off topic now so I'll vamoose.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

Comment

Perhaps you don't like the writting because it is new to you, is that at all a possibility? Or is it just extremely trashy writing? Because I think most of it is pretty good.
          sigpic

Comment

Well...what can I say. It was ok but I must admit, I did get somewhat bored with it. Poor Earnest - fancy being on your own for that long. I suppose it has it's pros and cons. A shame they didn't get to take all the information back home with them. It was good to see them fire up that gate with lightening - very clever. Ben Franklin would have been proud!!
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Perhaps you don't like the writting because it is new to you, is that at all a possibility? Or is it just extremely trashy writing? Because I think most of it is pretty good.
              No, I do not dislike it simply because it is 'new'. In your opinion the writing is good. In my opinion the writing has been very poor for the last few Seasons and is growing worse. I have stated my reasons for my disafaction with the show in S9 in your letter to TPTB and I have explained elsewhere why I dislike Seasons 7-8 and even parts of S4/5. Check out the 'Unpopular Opinions Thread'.

So, no, it is not becuase it is 'new' but that I genuinely think that the writing is poor/dreadful.

Also, I saw Seasons 1-8 in reruns all in one strecth so it could hardly be 'new' to me by S7-8.

It is ALL opinion and NOT fact concerning the quality of writing, acting and direction of the show, so please do not try and pass off my opinions and concerns off as as simply 'she doesn't like change'.

I like and enjoy change: Seasons 6 was a breath of fresh air, with Jonas bringing good change. Change is not always good nor are 'new' things immediately good or bad.

I think the new Star Wars flims are excellent.

Does that answer your query?
              Last edited by luthienberen; 04 June 2006, 01:39 PM.

The man who led the way.

Comment

it was great to learn about the alliance with all 4 races but ill be glad when we finally see the furlings

Comment

Okay so I just watched the episode AGAIN. Like other people who posted in this thread I think we really really need to fly back and recover the library room. It was the safest place in the castle and surely survived. Think of the history it could have in it.

Comment

Good luck finding it on the bottom of the ocean floor. I've said it before, even it if it wasn't demolished the first time, by the time we got our first Ha'tak it definitely would have been destroyed, and by now it's totally a goner.
                    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Well something might of survived like some writings not a lot.
                      sigpic

Comment

People, The Asgard are personal friends of ours and guess what they helped build that place. Not only do they have that information but they have learned allot over the past couple thousand years. When they believe we are ready for it they will give it to us. It would just be stupid to go looking for more knowledge than we could handle. Besides I don't even think we could retrieve it if we wanted to is that thing waterproof?
                        sigpic

Comment

People, The Asgard are personal friends of ours and guess what they helped build that place. Not only do they have that information but they have learned allot over the past couple thousand years. When they believe we are ready for it they will give it to us. It would just be stupid to go looking for more knowledge than we could handle. Besides I don't even think we could retrieve it if we wanted to is that thing waterproof?

Just watched this tonight and felt the same way. I don't think this is the only place this info was stored.

Comment

Favorite allout Stargate Episode. This episode is amaising on so many levels that it would take forever to list them all.

Comment

After seeing the flying Nox city I personally think the Nox built the buildings of Heliopolis. They shared the same conical dome structure for the tops of the towers. Don't have screenshots, but I'dlike to see them side by side.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin's_Legacy View Post
                                After seeing the flying Nox city I personally think the Nox built the buildings of Heliopolis. They shared the same conical dome structure for the tops of the towers. Don't have screenshots, but I'dlike to see them side by side.
                                here you go!

Comment

Working...
                                X