• Show
Clear All

*tries to parse what "medicore" means*

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

No one likes a smart mouth
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I guess I'm the black sheep for this episode.

I don't find the episode spectactular. Its medicore to me. I just don't care for Daniel's fascination with the device from the alliance and its meaning of life. The reason I call it medicore is because I really did like the Catherine angle and her fascination with Ernest and its background of using the gate in 1945. Also the first manual dialing was interesting.
        I pretty much feel the same way as you do about this episode. I think it's an ok episode, but I personally don't view it as one of the best of the season.
        sigpic

Comment

So the whole family is watching (ages 7- um... 40ish ) and we have ALL watched SGA. Didn't even notice. Get to the credits and I see Paul McGillion. I gasped. Son asked me what is wrong. I said Doctor Beckett was in that episode! Wow are be bad SGA fans or what?
          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Listened to the fan commentary for this ep(audio only I'm far enough behind on S2 I I don't want to rewind back to S1). This was 'not' the ep I voted for(that was There But For the Grace of God) but...*shrugs*

1. Never really thought about the actress deal with Catherine, didn't notice the age of the little girl in 1928 either.

2. The start of "we don't leave our people behind?" I dunno...they tried to rescue Lt nobody in COTG.

3. LOLd at David not knowing about the details of Darren's interview with EH.
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Pretty far behind as far as te rewatch goes but still

Why does the gate close when Ernest goes thru it in 1940 whatever?
              He still has all his life lines attached so surely the gate wouldnt close?

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
                Pretty far behind as far as te rewatch goes but still

Why does the gate close when Ernest goes thru it in 1940 whatever?
                He still has all his life lines attached so surely the gate wouldnt close?
                Could be a power issue. They really had no idea what they were doing then. It was really all a fluke.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                  Could be a power issue. They really had no idea what they were doing then. It was really all a fluke.
                  Or maybe the 38 minute window. It looked to me like they didn't start to gear him up until after they made the connection. It's gotta take a while to get into that suit.

Seaboe
                  If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                    Or maybe the 38 minute window. It looked to me like they didn't start to gear him up until after they made the connection. It's gotta take a while to get into that suit.

Seaboe
                    Good thought. Had not considered that, but it is a plausible explanation.

Comment

In that case, why didn't it close sooner, since nothing was passing through.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        In that case, why didn't it close sooner, since nothing was passing through.
                        We don't know that. We saw only scraps of the film. They may have sent through other things.

Seaboe
                        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Was a meaning for the "meaning of life stuff" ever found?

Comment

Sort of. How much of the series have you seen?

Seaboe

Comment

most of it butnot so recently

Comment

The "meaning of life stuff" ties into the Asgard and leads to the discovery of Cimmeria, which in turn leads to the development and alliance with the Asgard. So yes, a meaning was found.

Seaboe

Comment

Working...
                                X