No announcement yet.

The Torment of Tantalus (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

really it was the same actor wow i really have to watch it again :0 this was a great episode tho and is one of my faves
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GATEGOD View Post
      I had no idea Earnest was Beckett!!! Well the same actor, I just realized it, watching it, lol.
      I noticed the same thing not too long ago. It's fascinating that after 7 years of not being affiliated with Stargate, that actor came back for the Atlantis series.

Comment

Love this episode, one of the best in season one. Loved the way at the end when Ernest hugs Daniel, Jack goes, "Katherine, hug me." Made me lol.

Daniel: The Others would have stopped you.
        Jack: They'd have a hell of a fight on their hands...
        Daniel: You wouldn't do that...
        Jack: Ba'al would be dead...
        Daniel: Jack...
        Jack: ...And don't think I'd stop there!
        Daniel: You're a better man than that...
        Jack: That's where you're wrong!

Comment

Okay I just have to say I LOVE this forum !!!! I was just watching this eps in my room and I realized it was Beckett and nobody in my house would understand the excitement of seeing him in an early eps of SG1 and here I find that I'm not alone in my findings. Thank you all you other 'gate fans for understanding my obession and addiction. (Even though most of my family and other people think I'm nuts)
          Do you know what the Goa'uld really want from us?

MINNESOTA, that what!
          The fishing mostly. I'll take you sometime.

Comment

my family thinks the same but i agree with your obsesion
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GATEGOD View Post
              I had no idea Earnest was Beckett!!! Well the same actor, I just realized it, watching it, lol.
              Oh my god!!!! I just rewatched it and noticed the same thing! That's awesome!
              sigpic
              Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Originally posted by kemo View Post
                I noticed the same thing not too long ago. It's fascinating that after 7 years of not being affiliated with Stargate, that actor came back for the Atlantis series.
                that is amazing and so is this episode

Comment

I'm watching the series from the beginning, and this is my favorite episode so far. It's a simple story, but very effectively done.

Comment

It's been a long time (SG1 series is still packed away after my move) since I watched any season of SG1, but looking back over the S1 titles, I can actually recall them vividly! THAT is the mark of a great series, after SO many years. I remember loving Torment of Tantalus, for so many reasons. It was magic!
                    sigpic

Comment

It was a great episode, I don't remember every episode that way...but quite a few. This is one of them, wish we had more time on that planet.
                      sigpic

Comment

i really liked this episode. i watched it again not that long ago and it is true that paul McGillion plays young ernest. You learn something new everyday.
                        Some say that he has only one ear.
                        And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                        All we know is he's called
                        sigpic

Comment

Watched this episode for the first time in a long while. I'd forgotten how good it is. There are loads of little things I enjoyed. The reactions of the various team members, including General Hammond, when Daniel brings Catherine to the SGC. The reactions when they see Ernest for the first time (nekkid), and his reaction to them and Catherine. Daniel's obsession with the alien device, which almost takes him to the point of not going home. It's interesting that Jack didn't mention Sha're in an attempt to get Daniel's attention off the device. I wonder if Jack would have used force if Daniel had refused to leave.

The SGC has a craft capable of interstellar travel, so maybe this planet could have been revisited to get some of the knowledge contained in the 'book'. We will never know.
                          C-D
                          Dragon by name, Cheerful by nature

Sig by *E*K*R*

Comment

yep, watched it today again, and it was my first time that i noticed that paul mcgillion was in it. Well, it was awesome. Probably i should the whole ten seasons again to find some atlantis actors in old sg1 episodes . one of the best sg1 episodes ever. best line of teal´c: We have a stargate. We need a dhd. that was awesome . how young they all look ...^^ that is real classic sg1!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Ya, it was a good episode, but the small goofs I can excuse because it's an early episode.
                              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                              Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                              If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                              Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by bad_ronald View Post
                                Though I normally don't like discussing minor things that seem to contradict a "rule" of stargate travel... I noticed that when the young Dr. Littlefield goes through the gate at the beginning of the episode, the tube that runs from his air-tight suit to what I'd assume was a source of oxygen is severed. Dr. Littlefield, the tube running from his suit to the source of oxygen, and the source of oxygen itself is certainly a discreet unit in so much as, say, a hypothetical ship that could travel through the gate is . Since we've learned (Spoiler is from Atlantis - 38 Minutes)
                                Spoiler:
                                that the Stargate will only transfer matter in discreet units
                                , shouldn't Dr. Littlefield have been killed (i.e. not re-materialized)? A minor nitpick indeed, but it is noteworthy.
                                Yeah I always thought the same thing. It has always bugged me when watching the episode. Although I do consider the episode one of my favourites.

Comment

Working...
                                X