Thor's Hammer (109)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rhydderch Hael View Post
    A cool element about the episode is how Danny and the gang build up on the mythos of the benevolent gods of Viking lore, not knowing a thing about their true nature. And when Jack and Teal'c first find the hologram of Thor within the labyrinth, this armored and beared anceint warrior being starts spouting off about being the Commander of the Asgard Fleet and that Cimmeria was cited under specific articles as a safe world, blah, blah, blah.

They go in expecting some archaic fellow, and they get a guy who sounds a bit more like Jack declaring rank and articles of war rather than some old dead dude talking in old-fashioned diction.
    Supreme Commander. Open your ears!
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Best parts of this episode, were the panorama shots! I liked the one when they were going up the waterway.

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
        So, I'm doing an informal SG-1 rewatch (informal meaning I'm skipping anything I don't feel like watching, which is quite a few episodes in season one!) and watching Thor's Hammer at the moment.

I enjoy the way that the Asgard are set up, and it's funny watching the hologram of 'Thor' knowing what he's really like. He must've had fun programming that... Also, the lovely voice of Darth Vader...*ahem*...James Earl Jones as the Unas. And poor ol' Daniel having to destroy the hammer at the end.
        Yea, looking at the hologram and knowing what he's really like... definately fun Espicially when he gives the usual line 'I am Thor, Supreme Commander of the Asgard Fleet' in a deep voice - now that is what is wierd. Also, didn't realize until rewatching for the first time (yes, I mean today) that James Earl Jones did the voice for the Unas - very nice!

I aslo love the line at the beginning of the episode about Carter and Daniel being a little short for Gods, imagine if it was the Asgard first... not really sure how they would have phrased that then
        sigpic
        Stargate Distinguished Service Medal

sig by me

Comment

This story had a good enough story and added a very interesting twist to the universe's mythology and history.

However, although I liked the Viking villagers, I was unimpressed by the Asgardian hologram: he looked a bit ridiculous: perhaps his armour and headress should have combined the Viking look with a more futuristic look.

Also, I have never enjoyed stories set in caves. Veyr claustrophobic, hard to see and generally too serious. I did like the Unas: fantastic new monster and addition to the mythology!

8/10

Comment

Wow,! This one was a bit scary. I thought Jack and Teal'c would have to stay in that cage forever. It was touching to see how Jack was willing to give up his own freedom to stay with Teal'c. He could have just walked out, and left Teal'c, but he didn't. That's a true friend.
            "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
            "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

One of the things that I like about this episode,is the friendship between Jack and Teal'c, he wasn't going to leave him behind no matter what. The hardest part was seeing the pain of Daniel (even after all this time, since I saw the episode years ago) when he had to destroy Thor's Hammer knowing that all he needed to have his wife back, was that "Hammer", once again we the strong friendship all SG-1 has, when Daniel destroys the hammer to save Teal'c. Reall good episode
              sigpic
              Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

You can just see the torment he goes through, trying to figure if it is worth it to save his wife, letting teal'c die..

Comment

If the Asgard with Thor were more powerful than the Goa'ulds, why didn't the Asgard ever destroiy them before Thor's Hammer or Thor's Chariot? Even in ancient times when the Asgards had also visited Earth, presumably when the goa'ulds were around here?

Comment

If the Asgards were protecting Earth from the Goa,ulds, then why was Earth on the edge of destruction by the ships of Apophis and Korel? Where were the Asgards? And where were they and Master Brata'c in the alternative reality discovered by Daniel?

Comment

The asgaurd weren't protecting earth yet. It cam much later in the series that they were offically under the protection of the asgaurd. What I want to know is why do the knox and the Tolans put up with the gao'uld. They had the ability to eliminate them quickly. I know they are peacfull races but the goa'uld are doing such evil that those who have the power to stop them and don't are just to blame

Comment

Great episode, not as good as meeting the asgard but still Also showed how strong the relationships between the characters are and are gonna be in the future.
                        RIP Don S. Davis 1942-2008

Comment

this is a good episode, it is kind of weird to watch it knowing who the asgard are, and more importantly who thor is, so its kind of funny when they keep referencing him involving weather (which he obveosly isn't).
                          sigpic

Comment

I actually found it funny when Jack told Daniel to dile the gate before it rains, or something like that. The samarians were good people. Too bad we only saw them and their world in two episodes.
                            "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
                            "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

I liked this ep thought it was very interesting loved Daniel as always loved the debate between Sam and Daniel thought it was good
                              sigpic
                              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I liked this episode a lot. I remember this is where a good series started to become a very good series. Episodes like this gets a person asking more questions about what's going on out there. I was still annoyed about Sam being annoyed with Kendra throughout the episode. Everytime she tried helping, Sam would have that look, like they were wasting time. I liked Kendra, she was a strong character. I also liked when T'ealc asked Jack "Are you considering the same tactic as I?". I'm going to use that phrase myself when I need to sometime in the future. BTW, I think the MALP was too far up the ramp when the left at the begining. It would've been vaporized by the kawoosh. It was off camera, so maybe they backed it up lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X