• Show
Clear All

Pelops.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

That;s who they called him, but i was wondering if we ever heard of him later, or found out someone else 'acted as him'..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        That;s who they called him, but i was wondering if we ever heard of him later, or found out someone else 'acted as him'..
        He was not. The only time Argos was even mentioned again was in Politics and Proving Ground
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          He may have been one of the more minor Goa'uld lords who held only a very small number of worlds or perhaps only this one, and who at some point was killed or vanished or whatever. Since this world was portrayed as simply being something of a Petri dish for biological experimentation on humans rather than a resource world with naquadah mines, etc. it seems to me that probably no other Goa'uld might have bothered to actually take possession of it when that happened. Likely no one else really cared about the experiment, so they just basically left that world alone and left its people to fend for themselves in whatever automated environment Pelops had created for them, figuring that if it eventually broke down and the people died out, it was no big deal.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
          sigpic
          now also appearing on DeviantArt
          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Which is why i was wondering. We know Nerti did all sort of experimentations, so was Pelpas a patsy for her, an underling??

Comment

Watched this episode today. Really odd. Felt more like a Star Trek episode than a Star Gate one. And this episode made me glad SG-1 wasn't judged nearly as harshly as Universe, because I don't think it would have made it past the first season.
              http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4574/dontblinkgc5.jpg

Comment

I found the whole "Jack aging" thing a little goofy, though it was a good episode showing team effort and there were some great jokes thrown in as well.
                It's interesting to compare how Jack ages in this episode versus how Jack eventually aged over the years.

Comment

Nice episode.

It's interesting to compare how Jack ages in this episode versus how Jack eventually aged over the years.
                  Yes! He got a enormous forehead .

Comment

I felt bad for O'Neill, but pretty cool to see how Jack would look like when he's old!

Comment

Thought this epiosode was pretty boring . But I realise it is still season one.
                      sigpic

Comment

This episode was one of season 1's bores. Apart from the other one I hated. The premise of the story was kind of interesting but I felt like it wasn't an SG-1 episode. It was so predictable - the aging - going to Jack - I can honestly go into the negatives of this episode, but I won't seeing as probably many people like it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darkland View Post
                          This episode was one of season 1's bores. Apart from the other one I hated. The premise of the story was kind of interesting but I felt like it wasn't an SG-1 episode. It was so predictable - the aging - going to Jack - I can honestly go into the negatives of this episode, but I won't seeing as probably many people like it.
                          This was Jack's "Captain Kirk" episode. Fairly boring on repeat viewings but introduces two recurring elements: nanotechnology and goa'uld experimentation on humans.

Comment

I picked up on those. But what a bad episode to do it in though.
                            sigpic

Comment

Remember, at this stage the show was still finding its feet. It didn't really jell until Torment of Tantalus.

Seaboe
                              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I really cannot buy the knowledge and level of maturity these people develop in a matter of days. Let's take that pregnant chick in the beginning. Born, 21 days later she has learned perfect speech, has become 9 months pregnant, and probably has other skills like cooking or something. These people have alcohol, cakes, clothing, and other things that imply that they don't just party all the time, some people have to work to create all these things. They also talk about the mid-wife which means there are specialty areas which some citizens are experts in. This is a highly functioning society that gets more done in 100 days than the regular humans on earth. Add the fact that they only have like 12 hour days because of that insane sleeping thing. That's like 50 less days. These people should be highly intelligent and highly evolved. Yet they have moments of insane stupidity. Oh, we cannot do this because Pelops will strike us down. No, I don't buy it. And this is supposed to be a Goauld experiment. The implications of this kind of technology is pretty profound. Pelops could have grown entire human civilizations very little time. Why kidnap people and move them around when you can just grow your own humans in way less time. Seriously, I really did not like the science in this episode.
                                Storytelling wise, it was actually a good episode with themes of friendship and death, etc. But I still did not like the premise.

Comment

Working...
                                X