Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1 View Post
    snip
    Another lightly cautionary tale: no cavorting with the locals and mind what you eat!
    This episode reminded me of Firefly's Our Mrs. Reynolds

Space travellers: Beware members of the opposite sex offering only you certain food.
    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post

Space travellers: Beware members of the opposite sex offering only you certain food.
      Haha! You're right, somehow I hadn't made that connection with Our Mrs. Reynolds before! So true, so true. I'm gonna be paranoid of anyone offering me anything from here on out.... "Cupcake?" "NOOOOOO!" (unless of course he is single, handsome, rich and a SG1 fan!) ; )
      Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

This is probably my least favorite episode of the first season. The nanites were kind of cool; Kynthia and her people, not so much.
        sigpic

Comment

I appreciated Kynthia. Awwww yeaaaaa
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I can't comprehend the stupidity of Jack in this episode of how he contracted the disease on Argos. It makes me roll my eyes on how he throws away Air Force rules and common sense. And the nanite solution was too simple for my liking. The culture was interesting but nothing groundbreaking. An overall forgetable episode
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I can't comprehend the stupidity of Jack in this episode of how he contracted the disease on Argos. It makes me roll my eyes on how he throws away Air Force rules and common sense. And the nanite solution was too simple for my liking. The culture was interesting but nothing groundbreaking. An overall forgetable episode
              It's not his fault, he is drugged and not in control of what he is doing - did you miss that part?!
              Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                Awesome comparison.

Among the weaker episodes. Two points linger for me. One, it gives us greater insight to the goa'uld's opinion of humans (animals to be experimented upon). Two, we encounter nano tech for the first time. Otherwise, eh.

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
                  It's not his fault, he is drugged and not in control of what he is doing - did you miss that part?!
                  They never said the cake was a drug. It was speculated by Jack but never proven.
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    They never said the cake was a drug. It was speculated by Jack but never proven.
                    I think the cake was a lie from the beginning
                    sigpic

Comment

I think he was drugged. That was my impression. I mean, he acted strange right after he ate that thing and the part where he was watching Kynthia dance made it look like he was on drugs or something! : ) I'm sorry, but I don't think Jack is at all the kind of guy to do something like that. He is far to honorable and committed to the mission and his team. I really don't buy it unless he was drugged. just my little opinion, please don't shoot me.
                      Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Noxbait View Post
                        I think he was drugged. That was my impression. I mean, he acted strange right after he ate that thing and the part where he was watching Kynthia dance made it look like he was on drugs or something! : ) I'm sorry, but I don't think Jack is at all the kind of guy to do something like that. He is far to honorable and committed to the mission and his team. I really don't buy it unless he was drugged. just my little opinion, please don't shoot me.
                        I agree. Just look at how he acted right after he ate the cake; he was clearly being portrayed as someone falling under the effect of a drug. And when he next saw the team... it was like he was coming down off of something that had affected his thought processes. It's pretty obvious to me that the writers intended us to believe there was something in the cake that overtook Jack's control of his own faculties and judgment.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                        sigpic
                        now also appearing on DeviantArt
                        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Jack was the only one that ate the cake, jack was the only one that got sick. Now it's possible that his intimate contact with kynthia allowed him to catch the nanites, but he was definitely drugged into making nookie.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            Jack was the only one that ate the cake, jack was the only one that got sick. Now it's possible that his intimate contact with kynthia allowed him to catch the nanites, but he was definitely drugged into making nookie.
                            Jack was also the only one had intimiate contact. Its pretty clear that is what gave the nanite sickness. I'm not one to believe that the cake caused him to do that without more proof.
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Well, try watching the scene again where he eats the cake, and take careful note of how he's portrayed immediately after eating it, prior to anything else that Kynthia does. That is definitely not normal Jack, and I don't know what more proof you need beyond that scene.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                              Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                              sigpic
                              now also appearing on DeviantArt
                              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Heh. Not even careful attention, it's pretty painfully obvious.
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X