No announcement yet.

The Nox (107)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I can say about this race... I love these people, yes, they're definitely good. I think, the best race, that it was ever made in Stargate. Cool forest-loving peaceful (like I) people. 5 stars!

Comment

I loved Jack: "Well *get* afraid!"

Comment

I like the episodes where the things are not as they seems to be, as this one. I like Nox in this episode, they were cool. They went less cool in my eyes in later episodes. I liked their “I just went through a bush” hairstyle. They were also the first ones in the show who needed to learn speak English.

Comment

The pacifism drove me a bit nuts too, but of course, the Nox have hidden powers... I just completed a rewatch of DS9, so it was fun to see Armin Shimerman in a completely different role, having watched him as Quark for seven seasons.
          sigpic

Comment

He was funny as Quark..

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan's Speechwriter View Post
              Yes, I think this episode was quite an education fo SG1.
              Especially about what not to do when under heavy fire from enemy soldiers.. They're supposed to be highly trained officers/Special Forces/First Prime/the best of the best elite team (delete where applicable ) And they behave like children in a paintball match?

Why did Carter put her gun down and try to slowly crawl over to O'Neill when he got shot? What could she do to help him? The Jaffa were still there and trying to kill her. Why did she make it so easy for them? It was embarrassing to watch

They're lucky the Nox saved them.

Personally I wouldn't have

Comment

They're under standing orders to obey the script, which said they were supposed to get killed.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

But it was the most ridiculous way to do it.. Why not add a few more Jaffa? Really outnumber and outgun SG-1.. Make it really dramatic, bits of rock flying everywhere in the staff blast explosions.. a sudden thunderstorm that appeared out of nowhere..

Not..

Carter: "No! O'Neill has been shot! Watch as I slowly crawl over to him!"

Daniel: "No!! Carter has been shot while slowly crawling to O'Neill, watch as I slowly crawl over to her!"

Teal'c: *raises eyebrow*

Comment

I just file it away under "First Season Weirdness". It's easier that way.

Comment

Maybe..

But it's annoying. Makes the "highly trained and decorated officers" thing difficult to believe.

Comment

Maybe there were budget constraints that limited what they could do with that scene, what with the other effects in the episode. Or maybe it was just writers who didn't really have a grasp on the characters yet.

Comment

So it's the writers' fault? But even they must know that putting your gun down to take a stroll through the forest while under fire is a bad idea?

I blame the military adviser for taking the day off
                          Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 09 August 2015, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Maybe the writers pointed over the military adviser's shoulder, said "look, shiny!", and changed the script while they weren't looking.

Comment

Sounds reasonable. Military advisers do like shiny things.. Look at all the medals they wear

Comment

I'm wondering if a staff blast travels faster than a bullet....if so, we can let SG-1 off for getting killed, they were used to evading gun fire not alien weaponry. It was early days for them, well that's my crazy senseless theory!

Comment

Working...
                                X