Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Die FREE

Comment

i also hope the nox will return one day, lets write angry letters...

Comment

Would Sam have kept Nafrayu if Jack let her?

My rating: 9/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2008/05/nox.html
        My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
        http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Like all great things if you could always have it you would eventually get sick of it. The reason why we all like the Nox so much is because they were mystical creatures that we didn't fully understand. I am glad that TPTB didn't take their kind and make them seem less than they were like they did with the Asgard. In th beginning the Asgard were creatures that could blink an entire army of Jaffa out of existence without a single explosion. In the end they were a dying race that couldn't save themselves so they committed mass suicide and gave every bit of knowledge to the SGC.
          sigpic

Comment

By the way does anybody know why it says this is episode 7 on Gateworld, but episode 12 on my DVD set? According to the Air-Dates on Gateworld, Gateworld is correct. However, are Gateworld's dates correct?
            sigpic

Comment

The Nox are quite interesting. I thought they were a primitive race at first, in terms of technology at least. But their talents are quite amazing! They can bring back the dead! Like, whoah!

I was a bit disappointed with SG-1 though. They plan an ambush yet they got themselves killed. If it weren't for the Nox... That was a very pathetic ambush!

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
                The Nox are quite interesting. I thought they were a primitive race at first, in terms of technology at least. But their talents are quite amazing! They can bring back the dead! Like, whoah!

I was a bit disappointed with SG-1 though. They plan an ambush yet they got themselves killed. If it weren't for the Nox... That was a very pathetic ambush!
                Well there were a lot of factors that were going against them. First of all they didn't have the ordinance they needed for an attack like that. Also Apophis had a personal shield that they weren't aware of. But most importantly they were outnumbered by personal guards that probably had a lot more training than Daniel or Carter. However, I do agree that they failed completely.
                sigpic

Comment

Agreed that the SGC had no idea Apophis had that shield. Otherwise, their ambush was working fine. It didn't fall apart until Jack shot at Apophis to no effect. Then Apophis noticed Jack, turned, and all holy heck opened up on Jack. Carter, probably thinking "first aid", breaks cover and gets shot, etc., etc.

Didn't Apophis only have the two personal guards? So, SGC wasn't necessarily outnumbered. Jack, Teal'c & Sam are military/warrior trained, right? So, 3 to 3+Daniel? Ah well, semantics anyway. I personally think, as former-first-prime, Teal'c gets extra points.

I'm all for the Nox being these advanced folks and all, but they just kinda looked silly. Lovable and sweet, but silly. Too bad Jack told Sam they couldn't take the young one home.

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                    By the way does anybody know why it says this is episode 7 on Gateworld, but episode 12 on my DVD set? According to the Air-Dates on Gateworld, Gateworld is correct. However, are Gateworld's dates correct?
                    one is production order and one is airing order, just my guess
                    supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                      Like all great things if you could always have it you would eventually get sick of it. The reason why we all like the Nox so much is because they were mystical creatures that we didn't fully understand.
                      Completely agree they seem to just have power and in your technological age that seems impossible that they could do what they do when they seem to be so privative. But I guess the very young do not always understand.

I loved seeing Apophis in his gold amour, it looks so cool especially with his personal shield.

The episode was another of those interference episodes but this time at least SG-1 was wrong as The Nox had a way and had seemed to survive for centuries without becoming enslaved.

Overall a good episode, although their lack of new technology can't please the overseers to the Stargate program.

Spoiler:

Last edited by pritnep; 25 July 2008, 09:05 PM.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

i just love how the nox can hide themselfs and also how they can heal wounds i would one of them around my house
                        sigpic

Comment

One of the most interesting episode of S1. when I first watched it, little did I know that the Nox was one of the 4 great civilization alliance

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
                            One of the most interesting episode of S1. when I first watched it, little did I know that the Nox was one of the 4 great civilization alliance
                            Welcome, Hornet!
                            Yes, the Nox are certainly a deceptively simple looking race, aren't they?

Comment

Great Episode beacuse we saw Apoppis.
                              “We could be a team. You could be my sidekick.”
                              “Sidekick?”
                              “Yeah, it’d be like Batman and Ronon. Has a nice ring to it.”
                              “Yeah, you keep eating like that it’s going to be more like fatman.”

Comment

Yep the nox are definitly one of the cooler races

Don't look at the spoiler if u dont wanna know :O

Spoiler:
                                Never get to see the history into the nox or more technology by them in the SG1 series =\

Comment

Working...
                                X