No announcement yet.

The Nox (107)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i reckon that their city must have ways of defending itself even if it's something none lethal like putting prisoners in stasis and sending them back where they came from.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

we have seen the Nox teleport (in Pretense) so sending potential enemies back where they came from is possible, although if no one knows about the city how can they attack it?

Comment

well i more mean if they end up finding the city.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

That makes me wonder, do they mask it by invisibility or by phasing it like the retoo?

Comment

We don't really know enough about the Nox invisibilty ability/technology to be able to answer that question! Although when they made the gate disappear, if it had still been there but invisible SG-1 would have walked into it- been able to feel it and therefore still able to use it, if they could remember the layout of the symbols on the DHD (a bit like typing blindfolded )

The Retoo are invisible, they are able to interact with objects in our phase of existance, unlike Daniel when he was out of phase in 'Crystal Skull'

Comment

When Jack shot the arrow at Apophis it seemed to go though where he was standing, suggesting it's an "out of phase" type of thing not just invisibility.

I'm just making stuff up here, but another good high tech passive defence could be to beam your enemies away, and erase their short term memory, so they wouldn't even know that their attack had failed, and forget all about trying it again!

Comment

Most advanced races like the Nox, Tollan, Asgard seem to share the same viewpoint of the Tauri although express it in different ways.

Also, I really liked how O'Neill understood the line "The very young do not always do as they're told." .

SG-1 seem to come from this experience and the later experience with the Tolan ppl with a greater appreciation of the need for allies, not necessarily their "weapons".

I also loved that the Nox came back in future episodes.
                Where it all began.

sigpic

"It’s not DOOR to HEAVEN. The proper translation is…STARGATE." Daniel Jackson

"What the hell is that?" Daniel Jackson

"Your “Star Gate.” " Catherine Langford

Stargate (Movie)

Comment

"the very young do not alway do as they are told"

Some wise words to remember the Nox by... now that tragically SG-1 has been cancelled... There should have been more stories about the Nox, I get a sence that they are similar to the ancients in bother technology and evolution state (prior to ascension)...

It wouldn't suprise me if the Nox don't actually die when they're reaching the end of their life but asend, they are definately asencion material...

Comment

Agreed that it is a pity we never got to have more of the nox on screen.

Comment

We can always hope that, if the movies do well, they'll be in one fo them. Maybe not a huge role, but, but I would like to see there opinion on the Asgard legacy and if they think we were ready for the responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by MartianManhunter View Post
                        We can always hope that, if the movies do well, they'll be in one fo them. Maybe not a huge role, but, but I would like to see there opinion on the Asgard legacy and if they think we were ready for the responsibility.
                        I agree... where as the Asgard introduced Earth to new tech... The Nox should have been there to add wisdom... As one of the four great races ever to inhabit the stars there should have been more episodes of them, perhaps even introducincing the enigmatic Furlings that almost if not all stargate fans wonder about...

Comment

probably one of the best episodes ive ever seen on SG-1 The Nox Rule !!!

Comment

i have to agree. good episode!!

Comment

does anyone think the nox will appear in atlantis ???

Comment

eric !!!!!! AHHHHHHH your a shova

Comment

Working...
                                X