No announcement yet.

Cold Lazarus (106)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed it was an excelent Jack centred episode.
    It's all about startegy. Out-maneuvering the opposition, bending him to your will.
    -Dexter-

Comment

A very touching episode that's for sure. But there is also some great humour.

Hammond: Sorry Teal'c I can't let you take that with you.
      Teal'c: I have seen your world, I will need it.

Teal'c: You had permission for me to fire my staff weapon in the gate room?
      Sam and Daniel: Um Yeah sure we did.

Teal'c: Your world is a strange place.
      Daniel: So is yours.

All this humour reminds me why I love Stargate so much. It's one thing that was seriously lacking in Universe.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
        A very touching episode that's for sure. But there is also some great humour.

Hammond: Sorry Teal'c I can't let you take that with you.
        Teal'c: I have seen your world, I will need it.
        <...>
        This one is one of the best quotes of the series Laughed long an hard after hearing this
        Also I agree that it was great episode centered on Jack.
        sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed getting to see Sara O'Neill and sort of wish she could have been in one or two later episodes.

Comment

I liked getting to know "Charlie" a bit, and found the Unity crystal special effects great. And creepy.

But most of all I came away from the episode thinking... could Sara and Capt. Carter look more alike?? no.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. Seeing "Unity Jack" realise what had happend in Jack's past was a nice way of giving background to his character. I'll have to admit I got ever so slightly misty eyed theere too!

Was nice to see that despite that, there were still a few funny moments too. Mostly involving Teal'c

Comment

Originally posted by Lantash View Post
                I liked getting to know "Charlie" a bit, and found the Unity crystal special effects great. And creepy.
                But most of all I came away from the episode thinking... could Sara and Capt. Carter look more alike?? no.
                Agree Agree! Both about the crystals (would have liked to learn more about them as well) and Sara/Sam. I thought that at the end of Brief Candle the way Sam's hair was styled, it made her appear even more like Sara, which says something about why there may or may not have been any attraction between she and Jack. (It always felt forced to me anyway.)

Moving along...the intro at the beginning of Unity Jack, not knowing whether he's friend of foe, gave another example of how anything could and does eventually come through that 'gate. But little things made this an interesting ep for me; Daniel's, "Am I using this thing right?" The storyline about Teal'c's discoveries about the Tau'ri. Daniel mixing up Captain/Doctor, Colonel/Jack. Sam not standing when General Hammond leaves the briefing room, but mostly, Jack's emotional reaction when Unity Jack morphs into Charlie. Beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by dtheories View Post
                  Daniel's, "Am I using this thing right?" The storyline about Teal'c's discoveries about the Tau'ri. Daniel mixing up Captain/Doctor, Colonel/Jack. Sam not standing when General Hammond leaves the briefing room, but mostly, Jack's emotional reaction when Unity Jack morphs into Charlie. Beautiful.
                  I also really liked Daniel's line. I really enjoyed Daniel/Sam's playful and experimental interactions in this episode - its exactly what the series needed at this point - the two 'scientists' collaborating to solve a mystery. Well executed, fun and engaging.

Also, the scene between Sara and Jack when he comes down from Charlies room is perhaps the most touching, heartfelt and beautifully acted scenes in all of SG1. It is a most amazing moment.

I didn't like Teal'c's opening like to Jack, "You said you would show me your world. I would like to see it now" (Or similiar). It seems very pushy and out of character for Teal'c. He is not one to portray his emotions quite so forcefully. I understand he may be frustrated at his lack of engagement at the SGC thus far, but it is still a little pushy imo.

I also think it is strange how quickly the team are to remove their radiation suits when the geiger counter shows declining radiation in the hospital. After being so heavily toxic and to rapidly decline like that, how does Sam immediately conclude it to be 'safe'! Another moment of pushy pacing.

Overall its a pretty solid episode. Had a lot of elements that the series needed at this point. The juxtaposition of humour/playfullness with genocide/manslaughter. The strong sci-fi storyline and the ambiguity laced throughout it. Just what episode 6 needed to be.

"The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” - Henry David Thoreau

sigpic

Comment

My LiveJournal post
                    Another one I struggled with. Might add more later.
                    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                    >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

This episode was an indicator that the series was going to be all over the place, from straight up, science fiction action and adventure to morality plays to emotionally touching (gut wrenching) stories like this one.

RDA did a fantastic job portraying his 'second' self, mannerisms, body language, he does 'off' well, lol.

And he just nails it at the hospital, when SG1 arrives he looks completely haggard and truly alien....

Love how Teal'c is growing impatient, wanting to see the outside world. I don't think he likes metal music, or maybe it was just the volume

But finally he gets to go off base! Thought it was fortunate that General Hammond just happened to have that baseball cap on him, and why Chicago? I'm assuming he got it from Jack but why would Hammond have it?

Great episode, the only nit I have is the fact Jack, while leading the crystal creature out, didn't think to lean over and say 'Hey, just wanted to ask if perhaps you could find another form to take other than my dead son because my wife is out there and it would probably freak her the f out, more so than she's already been freaked out today....like, maybe, take the form of President Clinton maybe? Or Harrison Ford? Oh, hey, let's REALLY blow her mind and you turn into Kurt Russel...'

In all seriousness, Sara is a real trooper and it's no wonder that Jack was with her in the first place. It was nice to see them as a team at least once.
                      sigpic

Comment

This was a good Jack ep but I loved Sam & Daniel & Teal'c
                        sigpic
                        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

This was the first episode I ever watched. Around season 7, we got our first dvr and I decided that this was show I wanted to try and catch up on. Scifi (no Syfy yet) was showing four episode blocks every Monday night, so I would record them and watch them during the week. I remember this episode and The Nox being in that first block.

Watching people work through the loss of a child has always been hard ever since I became a father. My own parents went through it with my sister a few years ago. I've seen this episode a few times and the emotional impact doesn't lessen with repeat viewings.

I usually don't think of this one as a great episode, but it gets me every time.

Each episode makes it harder to pick Teal'c's best line of the season. "I have seen your world. I'll need it." was great.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            I enjoyed getting to see Sara O'Neill and sort of wish she could have been in one or two later episodes.
                            Oh, I so agree. It seemed that with time this relationship would have a chance to work again. I'm sorry they dropped it.
                            Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

This was a step up.

Some wonderful writing and great acting. It's a shame Sara and the blue crystal aliens were never revisited again (I don't recall if Jack's ex-wife is even mentioned again at any point in the series). Nice to see a planet that isn't a forest or a rock quarry, it really stood out.

I have seen this episode many a time before, but it's been such a long while that I had forgotten a lot of it. I can definitely say that this viewing is the first time it's ever brought tears to my eyes at the end, and I can't say why or what was different about this time. RDA did a great acting job here (and quite out-of-character; I can't imagine him doing something similar in later seasons).

Hammond shows a slightly softer side that we would become used to for perhaps the first time, although it's subtle - just a slight smile and nod as he hands Teal'c the baseball cap. Daniel and Carter work great together and made me laugh qutie a bit. Teal'c is in full on stoic mode here - and it has already become tiresome.

It's not a perfect episode. The blue crystal alien effects are great (no signs of budget cutting here!) but the performance of Amanda Tapping in the crystal face is horribly stilted and took me right out of the show. The worst moment for me comes unfortunately at a very pivotal moment: we get the horrible "Charlie is still alive... in here..." ET moment as he reaches for Jack's heart. It's cheesy and never works in any way and I wish it would never be written into any script ever again! The moment is saved somewhat, though, by the morphing into Charlie effect and Jack's reaction.

The music caught me by surprise. During the scene in the briefing room where Jack realises where Unity Jack has gone to and tries to make a phone call to Sara, the music track seems to be heavily ripping off the famous riff from Predator!

Rating: 7.5 out of 10
                              Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

The best part of this episode is seeing RDA play the subtle differences in the two Jack O'Neills.

I also loved seeing Sara and her interaction with Alien Jack, then again the Sara/"real" Jack interaction at the hospital. Is it a wonder that Jack seemed to have an attraction to Sam, considering the similarities to Sara?

There were some nice Sam/Daniel moments too.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X