No announcement yet.

Cold Lazarus (106)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just caught this on Sci-Fi the other day and I have to say, hearing Daniel call Jack "colonel" (at least twice) was the weirdest thing ever.
    Originally posted by Callista
    Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
    Originally posted by HPMom
    She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

I found it nice that we got to see another side of Jack. It was refreshing.
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I really don't like this episode, they could have left this piece of "personal drama" out alltogether

this ep goes onto my pile of bad episodes, together with "Emancipation" it's trange though, I think the first season is really great, but yet in the first few episodes there are 2 eps I have difficulty with, I think they're trying to set certain aspects of the characters which I think is unnecessary

sam: the whole "I'm a woman and that means I'm not less than you guys"-thing (I am certainly not against this idea, but I think they just had to let her roll with everyone else and it would have become very clear very soon that she is certainly not less than any other member of any other team)

O'neill: the emo thing with charlie, TPTB maybe tried to balance out his character by adding big drama, I think it wasn't necessary at all, it's a deplorable storyline
        The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total b*stard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
          It is sad to watch, but has a good ending.
          I agree.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hjalmar View Post
            I really don't like this episode, they could have left this piece of "personal drama" out alltogether

this ep goes onto my pile of bad episodes, together with "Emancipation" it's trange though, I think the first season is really great, but yet in the first few episodes there are 2 eps I have difficulty with, I think they're trying to set certain aspects of the characters which I think is unnecessary

sam: the whole "I'm a woman and that means I'm not less than you guys"-thing (I am certainly not against this idea, but I think they just had to let her roll with everyone else and it would have become very clear very soon that she is certainly not less than any other member of any other team)

O'neill: the emo thing with charlie, TPTB maybe tried to balance out his character by adding big drama, I think it wasn't necessary at all, it's a deplorable storyline
            If Jack didn't have this opportunity for closure with the ex and his feelings for his son, he'd have remained that gruff idiot from the movie. This is the kind of sci-fi emotion I like, not the recent sci-fi Emo craze.
            Yes, I love this episode.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

How much closure did Jack get though, most of it was "Lazarus"...? I did like seeing Charlie though.
              sigpic

Comment

The first time I watched this episode, I barely made it to the end. It seemed very boring to me that time. But after I rewatched it several times, I realised that it's very important episode, because it gives us a lot of hints and information about Jack and his life before StarGate. The scenes with Charlie, Sarah and Jack were outstanding.

EDIT: 7/10
                Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; 05 April 2010, 04:09 AM.
                Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

This was an amazing episode, so sad and poignant. It made me cry
                  no means no, and so does pepper spray
                  Sig by The Carpenter
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf View Post
                    The Unity moved into the Bottomless Hole for Ideas Never to Be Revisited, later joined by the Oannes, the Re'tu and numerous other individuals, cultures and ideas.
                    And the Furlings and the Museum Guys in Season 10.
                    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Weird ep. We have much more and when calls everyone back to the gate... they really should make a Daniel long hair smilie...
                      No they should not.
                      I like my current hair.
                      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Quite a good episode, although by the ending I was surfeited with poignant and emotional dialogue and gestures. I am not usually favourably impressed by dramatic stories involving families and loss and divorce and stuff. However, this story managed to keeps its soap opera relevant to the SG-1 team and its mission to explore the universe.

Loved the yellow sand and blue crystals.

Comment

A great episode. The only problem I have is that the music is a bit too overdone and dated. Back then some TV shows tended to up the volume and go overboard to add emotion, when the actors were more than adequate to do that themselves.
                          Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

Wasn't a big fan of this episode, but I didn't hate on it. Also don't you think that those crystals may of know more information then what they provided.

4-10 I dont know i just think i wanted more from the episode.

Comment

I like this episode. Some very humorous moments what with Daniel and Sam getting Teal'c involved in their not exactly sanctioned experiment. : ) I also liked getting more detail on Jack's family. I mean, it was kind of a big plot point for the movie...and the show. It was nice that it got somewhat resolved. I know that it wasn't really Jack who was getting things resolved with Sara, but by his reactions at the end both with "charlie" and the times he interacted with Sara, I really got the feeling that he was more at peace with the situation. I think he dealt with the brunt of it on Abydos the first time, and his words in CotG when he's talking to Daniel at his place showed that it wasn't something he was necessarily ever going to completely be over. But he didn't seem completely devastated by the experience which I thought was a nice way for them to do it.
                              Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Best Jack moment of the season, I think, is him and Sarah getting to see "Charlie" again.
                                sigpic
                                Jack: Uhh, Daniel - for cryin' out loud!!, I said I would watch the Stanley Cup playoffs with you!
                                Is all this necessary??!?

Comment

Working...
                                X