Cold Lazarus (106)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    I get a little annoyed when the fact that I am a Sam/Jack shipper is used to discount my opinion. As I have said before, I do not think Sam and Jack were in love at this point. In fact, it's clear from this episode that Sam barely even knows Jack.
    I get a little annoyed when people jump to conclusions and get defensive just because I mentioned something.

I wasn't using your status as a shipper to discount your opinion. (Though based on what you've said since, now I'm tempted to.) I only even mentioned it because I do see this a lot from shippers, but I'm not "discounting" your opinion because of it. I think your opinion is based on a misreading of what was shown in the episode and the movie, not on your shipper status. Frankly, I don't see Sara as being portrayed as any more needy than Sam was sometimes portrayed. Loving someone or caring for them isn't being needy, whether your name is Sam or Sara (or anyone else, for that matter).

But I still think I have a legitimate point of view. I do not like the portrayl of Sara and I do not think their marriage was on a good footing when Charlie died. I think Jack had created an idealized view of their marriage later on that the alien entity picked up on because of his own guilt issues. I think Sara was being awfully pushy and needy when the entity showed up after she walked out. I don't buy the if you loved me you would follow me crap.

Others are free to construe Jack and Sara's relationship however they like, but I personally am glad she was never brought back.
    I'd love to know what you think we've been shown that really tells us ANYTHING about Jack and Sara's marriage being bad prior to what happened to Charlie, especially given that Jack seemed quite eager to comfort Sara at the end of this episode.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I think I've already explained my point of view and given the basis for my conclusions from the episode itself. You and I clearly see things differently and that's fine. You are entitled to your opinion. I don't feel the need to further justify myself. I'm very comfortable in my own opinion.

And I do find your statements about shippers offensive whether you intended it that way or not. It is not a failing in me or anyone else to enjoy viewing Stargate from the point of view of a Sam/Jack shipper (or any other ship frankly, though others don't see it that way). I'm happy to read other fans' opinions, even those I disagree with, without trying to "correct" their thinking.

Comment

I don't have much critisism, constructive or otherwise, just that I must be in a weepy mood because I am tired and it pulled the right heart strings today. I teared up and I feel really bad for those poor Crystal beings.

Comment

Originally posted by silentsongbird View Post
          I don't have much critisism, constructive or otherwise, just that I must be in a weepy mood because I am tired and it pulled the right heart strings today. I teared up and I feel really bad for those poor Crystal beings.
          Through every viewing of this episode, it has never made me emotional. However, for this rewatch viewing I cried my eyes out. Real life happenings just get mixed up with fictional TV shows sometimes.
          Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
            I think I've already explained my point of view and given the basis for my conclusions from the episode itself. You and I clearly see things differently and that's fine. You are entitled to your opinion. I don't feel the need to further justify myself. I'm very comfortable in my own opinion.

And I do find your statements about shippers offensive whether you intended it that way or not. It is not a failing in me or anyone else to enjoy viewing Stargate from the point of view of a Sam/Jack shipper (or any other ship frankly, though others don't see it that way). I'm happy to read other fans' opinions, even those I disagree with, without trying to "correct" their thinking.
            I'm not trying to "correct" your thinking, nor do I think it's a failing in you or anyone to be a Sam/Jack shipper, and I have absolutely no clue where you even get the idea that I might think that. The failing lies solely in ascribing tendencies to another character (Sara) that we are given absolutely no evidence for in the show, and in somehow thinking that you must "correct" MY failure to share your thinking.

That's all I'm going to say on that. Moving on now, and addressing the rest of the participants here... I tear up when watching this episode sometimes, too.
            Last edited by SF_and_Coffee; 30 August 2011, 10:25 AM.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
            Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I really liked this episode. RDA did a fantastic job. It really shows how much this tragedy changed him and also how much of himself he hides from everyone everyday. Just one thing...did anyone else notice the little kid standing on the staircase in the control room when SG1 comes back to the SGC from the planet in the beginning of the ep? I've rewatched it several times and I can't figure out what else it could be. It really looks like a little kid in a red sweater and blue jeans. Am I losing my mind?

Comment

Originally posted by Lisita View Post
                I really liked this episode. RDA did a fantastic job. It really shows how much this tragedy changed him and also how much of himself he hides from everyone everyday. Just one thing...did anyone else notice the little kid standing on the staircase in the control room when SG1 comes back to the SGC from the planet in the beginning of the ep? I've rewatched it several times and I can't figure out what else it could be. It really looks like a little kid in a red sweater and blue jeans. Am I losing my mind?
                All I see is a fire extinguisher.

Comment

(My full review of this episode is here.)

Okay, this is probably one of the best, if not the best, episode I've seen so far. It was an amazing insight into Jack's character, and what made it so interesting is that most of this insight come from an impostor! At first I hesitated to think that any alien force could be benign, but I was wrong, and this turned out to even be... benevolent. It was an incredible show of compassion and really a heartfelt episode. Fantastic performance from RDA.
                  Yay for character development!

Comment

I love your take on this, both here and on your blog! Great job, and I agree with your feelings regarding the episode. I'm a writer too, and touch on some of this same material in more than one of my fanfics (I don't only write fanfic, but it's the only fiction I've written that I actually put online).

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                    Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                      I love your take on this, both here and on your blog! Great job, and I agree with your feelings regarding the episode. I'm a writer too, and touch on some of this same material in more than one of my fanfics (I don't only write fanfic, but it's the only fiction I've written that I actually put online).
                      Thanks! You'll know how this feels, being a writer, but it pleases me greatly to know that people are actually looking at my blog and reading my reviews. I really am enjoying the project. Feedback is my motivation to keep writing, though.
                      I'm avoiding fanfic for the time being (ya gotta understand, I can't have spoilers! ) but once I get further in I'd like to see some. Maybe I'll check out yours! (:

Comment

I understand completely! My fic stems from the Season 2 episode "A Matter of Time" and contains major and minor spoilers for basically the first two seasons, so you'll want to wait to begin reading it until after you've finished Season 2, or at least up through "A Matter of Time". It's a loooong story -- we're talking epic novel length -- so if you were to start it after watching AMOT, you likely wouldn't run into any truly meaningful spoilers for later Season 2 episodes until after you'd seen them anyway.

Feedback is definitely a motivational tool for me!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                        Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by muziqaz View Post
                          This one is one of the best quotes of the series Laughed long an hard after hearing this
                          Also I agree that it was great episode centered on Jack.
                          Teal'c trying to take out his staff weapon also had me roflmao....and apparently he isnt a fan of metal

Comment

great. introduced us to jack, made tealc a little paranoid, and the first of a long line of forgotten races that will never be drudged up

*cough,cough, furlings, cough,cough, re'tu, cough,cough, Oannes...etc...cough,cough*

Please help my dragon grow!

Comment

At first i dont want to watch this episode a second time. I dont know why. At the end my obsession win and i watched it. Now i think, it is a very interessing episode. it discussed the deep story of the death of jacks son. I think it must be so terrible, if my son will be killed by my gun.

Comment

Strange episode, it was okay.

Comment

Working...
                                X